Old 4th April 2012, 21:52   #1
vodkaholic27

A few Winamp Questions :P

Hey ive been using winamp for years now and never joined the forums... but now I have a few questions if you kind people have some free time

I was wondering if there is anyway I can run the "bars" (like the image below)

as a wallpaper but "moving/real-time" across dual monitors with winamp as the master player ofc

Ive done tons and tons of google without any luck

Thanks for your time
Mike
vodkaholic27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2012, 22:10   #2
vodkaholic27

Anyone?
Old 9th April 2012, 01:39   #3
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
I'm sorry about the delayed response. The forums are pretty slow these days, but are still a good place to be.

Basically, your idea is something that is likely possible for one monitor, using AVS or Milkdrop. Having it stretch over more than one monitor is possible if you just run it windowed and drag the window big enough for two monitors, but that could reduce performance/fps. Having it fullscreen would only work for one monitor as far as I know, unless you're running the same display (cloned) over both. In Vista/7, AVS isn't very useful in desktop mode (as a wallpaper), but in Milkdrop still does an excellent job as a motion desktop wallpaper.

There are a few guys here that really know AVS and Milkdrop well enough to steer you in the right direction, but sadly, I'm not an expert in that area. Hopefully I'll be able to steer a couple of them your way over the next week, but be patient; replies aren't real fast like they were about a decade ago.

Also, set the vodka aside and use gin. Flavors of the botanicals for the win!

Don't forget to live before you die.
swingdjted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2012, 01:57   #4
vodkaholic27

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingdjted View Post
I'm sorry about the delayed response. The forums are pretty slow these days, but are still a good place to be.

Basically, your idea is something that is likely possible for one monitor, using AVS or Milkdrop. Having it stretch over more than one monitor is possible if you just run it windowed and drag the window big enough for two monitors, but that could reduce performance/fps. Having it fullscreen would only work for one monitor as far as I know, unless you're running the same display (cloned) over both. In Vista/7, AVS isn't very useful in desktop mode (as a wallpaper), but in Milkdrop still does an excellent job as a motion desktop wallpaper.

There are a few guys here that really know AVS and Milkdrop well enough to steer you in the right direction, but sadly, I'm not an expert in that area. Hopefully I'll be able to steer a couple of them your way over the next week, but be patient; replies aren't real fast like they were about a decade ago.

Also, set the vodka aside and use gin. Flavors of the botanicals for the win!
Haha can't stand gin :/ last time "and only time" I tryed that I was sick everywhere in a pub was my first drink of the night and got "lobbed out" pfft never touching that stuff again!

Anyways "cough" thanks for the reply, Yea I tryed milkdrop but was unable to find the "bar type" (sorry don't know the name of it) one.

and your right I couldn't get it to work as a backgound over the two monitors, was fine over one tho.

Sure I can wait there is no rush I only "bumped" this as one last try. Ive subbed the thread so emails will come to me when new reply's come in "mega handy "

Thanks
Mike
Old 9th April 2012, 03:08   #5
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
what visualization is that?

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2012, 10:45   #6
vodkaholic27

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSinatra View Post
what visualization is that?
Hey, What do you mean mate? I tryed milkdrop and the Avs one
Old 9th April 2012, 14:02   #7
MrSinatra
Forum King

i don't know much about visualizations, so i'm asking how i get the image above to appear in winamp, and what that one is called?

--
Old 9th April 2012, 15:02   #8
vodkaholic27

Quote:
i don't know much about visualizations, so i'm asking how i get the image above to appear in winamp, and what that one is called?
I ah see, I have no idea mate that's what asking hehe
Old 9th April 2012, 15:38   #9
MrSinatra
Forum King

well, where is that image from then? is that not a vis? i thought it was about making it a live desktop wallpaper? i just want to know what it is and how to get it running in winamp?

--
Old 9th April 2012, 16:02   #10
vodkaholic27

Quote:
well, where is that image from then? is that not a vis? i thought it was about making it a live desktop wallpaper? i just want to know what it is and how to get it running in winamp?
That image is nothing to do with winamp if you read the first post you will see what I was asking, other than that I have no idea what you're on about sorry ;/
Old 9th April 2012, 16:25   #11
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
I seem to remember seeing the OP's image somewhere. Been racking my brain trying to remember where. If I figure it out, I'll let you know.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2012, 16:27   #12
vodkaholic27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
I seem to remember seeing the OP's image somewhere. Been racking my brain trying to remember where. If I figure it out, I'll let you know.
It just a random google image, its nothing Ive made done or even software
Old 9th April 2012, 16:32   #13
Aminifu
Forum King

Ah, I got it. The image is a static picture, not a working spectrum analyzer. Just a picture you can use as desktop wallpaper. Link below to others.

http://wallpapers.windowsace.com/or-...ser-wallpaper/

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Old 9th April 2012, 16:42   #14
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi vodkaholic27,

Give the "Classic Spectrum Analyzer" plug-in a try. It has a number of build-in profiles that you can adjust. Nothing to match your image exactly. I like the 'BackAMP Stonage', Blue Flames', and 'Lightning' profiles the most.

http://www.winamp.com/visualization/...nalyzer/165966

Old 9th April 2012, 17:09   #15
vodkaholic27

Quote:
Ah, I got it. The image is a static picture, not a working spectrum analyzer. Just a picture you can use as desktop wallpaper. Link below to others.

http://wallpapers.windowsace.com/or-...ser-wallpaper/
Yes mate.

Quote:
Hi vodkaholic27,

Give the "Classic Spectrum Analyzer" plug-in a try. It has a number of build-in profiles that you can adjust. Nothing to match your image exactly. I like the 'BackAMP Stonage', Blue Flames', and 'Lightning' profiles the most.

http://www.winamp.com/visualization/...nalyzer/165966
Tryed it mate, its ok but its very small and crashes loads, also can't get it to run in background mode
Old 9th April 2012, 17:24   #16
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by vodkaholic27 View Post
Yes mate.
Tryed it mate, its ok but its very small and crashes loads, also can't get it to run in background mode
The window is re-sizable (place mouse pointer at bottom right corner). It is an old plug-in, but I have not had any crashes. If you're running Vista or Win 7 did you install it under Administrator mode? After it's running you can right click on the window to get to it's configuration options.

What do you mean by background mode?

Old 9th April 2012, 18:12   #17
DrO

i would assume by 'background mode' it's referring to having the vis as the desktop background (like how Milkdrop can do). if that is the case then that's something which would need to be sent as a feature request to the plug-in author.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2012, 01:09   #18
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi DrO,

I get what you're saying about 'background mode' and I figure this is what the OP wants. I wish him/her luck contacting the plug-in author.

The only 'problem' I have with this plug-in is that the 'normal' controls at the bottom of the visualization window are not there. I figure this is due to the skin I'm using and is no big deal because I can change the profile by right-clicking on the window.

Old 11th April 2012, 09:39   #19
DrO

Quote:
The only 'problem' I have with this plug-in is that the 'normal' controls at the bottom of the visualization window are not there. I figure this is due to the skin I'm using and is no big deal because I can change the profile by right-clicking on the window.
the official modern skins provide that automatically for the visualisation as it's one of the few vis plug-ins which properly uses the 5.x integration apis. as you're using a classic skin then just having a bare frame like the rest of the skin is what i'd expect to see with it.

this is because in classic skins the frame is the actual window the plug-in gets/uses whereas with a modern skin, it is then embedded in a container which can have additional aspects added to it. it's not that it's not possible for the classic skin version to have buttons but would need to be done by the plug-in author and that then impedes on the space in the window depending on how it is sized.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2012, 08:30   #20
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi DrO,

Thanx for the explanation.

Old 14th April 2012, 20:22   #21
windseaker

Newbee-2

Excuse me

Can someone please help me figure out why I can not make a post?
I just started and for some unseen reason I am not permitted to post!
Can someone explain why??

Thank you
windseaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2012, 20:38   #22
MrSinatra
Forum King

um, thats a post.

just try posting in some other threads and i think it'll eventually let you make your own. did u get an email asking you to confirm your registration? check ur junk mail?

--
Old 14th April 2012, 20:52   #23
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
yeah, I can see it plain as day