Old 12th December 2007, 21:27   #1
Invulner

Radio stations won't play in winamp, works in iTunes.

So for some reason, no Shoutcast radio station works in my school via Winamp, nothing shows up in the radio station browser, and when I open a stream through Shoutcast.com, it times out. I thought it was a firewall problem until my friend tried iTunes and the stations worked! I tried several other programs aswell (Winamp Alternative, Zinf, VLC) they didn't work either, only iTunes works and it's too heavy and lacks shortcuts IMO. We also have WLAN at our school, and I can even listen to online radio through my PSP (works even better than at home WLAN for some reason).
I don't use any special plugins, only a fresh install and I've tried it on many computers at my school, they all have the same problem. I suspect it has something to do with the proxy server that my school network possibly has, since I can't go online without checking the "set settings automatically" box in the browser's settings. The problem is that Winamp doesn't have that box, and I don't know how to find out the proxy server's address.
So if anyone knows how to find out the address or how to fix this problem in other way, I'd appreciate if you'd tell me

Thanks in advance!
Invulner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2007, 00:47   #2
Sawg
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to Sawg Send a message via AIM to Sawg Send a message via Yahoo to Sawg
Yeah, you are going to need to find out the proxy information you need, sadly. Ask the school IT department if they are willing to share.

| Brought to you by ^V ^C | The one... the original... no seriously!
Sawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support