Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Old 29th June 2012, 22:17   #1
webbernets

Winamp cannot read my local database, and refuses to reset it.

-Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3
-CPU: Intel I5-2500k
-RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 4GB DDR3 1866
-Sound Card: No external SC
-Video Card: Sapphire Raedon HD 6950 Dirt3 Edition 2GB
-DirectX:11
-Winamp V: 5.623

I have been having issues with my entire library disappearing when I start up Winamp. The message displayed is attached in a screenshotwith a Reset Database button at the bottom. When I try to reset the database, nothing happens when I restart Winamp, the same message is displayed. I already tried a fresh install, which was actually very difficult to preform. When I was trying to uninstall, I kept getting errors saying that it was still running even though there weren't any processes for Winamp running. After I deleted the entire Winamp folder, I was able to get a fresh install, and the problem disappeared until the next morning.

I think the problem is that I'm trying to have a scheduled task open winamp so it can play a file to wake me up in the morning. I am testing to see if disabling it will stop reoccurance. For the second time this error occured, I went to the forums and found some advice directing me to delete some files in the ml folder, including main.dat, which I am not sure actually exists there anymore as the post was a mix between outdated and current information. In the end I deleted the entire folder, clicked restart database, and restarted Winamp to see that finally my library had reset and I could re-import everything.

After I disabled the scheduled task, the library still managed to disappear. I've attached the screenshot and the list of plugins zipped.
Attached Files
File Type: zip WinampFiles.zip (21.6 KB, 137 views)
webbernets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2012, 22:52   #2
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
5.63 is the current ver.

and have you tried doing "clear ML" in prefs and rescanning from scratch? you lose everything in it now, but maybe it will fix the issue.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support