Old 20th June 2014, 10:20   #1
Mzh4
Banned

Winamp or VLC?

I'm trying to decide whether to use Winamp or VLC, or even some other media player.

I really like very light, simple ones that don't suck up a lot of resources, but still play a wide variety of formats well. Bare bones. No bells and whistles. Skins would be nice, but that's really not all that important.

Any suggestions?
Old 20th June 2014, 10:50   #2
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Winamp... Only Winamp... ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♥♥♥♥♥ ★★★★★

3 years ago I mentioned, that I use Winamp also for videos, and someone else said, I should install VLC. I didn't want to have VLC, and it seemed, he wanted to force me to install VLC. This year, when I mentioned Winamp in Facebook (I am doing it very often), someone said, he would have switched to VLC, and I commented, that everybody can decide also for another media player, but that's not true, that VLC would be better than Winamp, and I myself use Winamp. That's my own decision. Nobody can force me to abandon Winamp.

Of course there are much more media player, not only Winamp, Windows Media Player (which has to stay on the computer) and VLC. For example foobar2000, AIMP, Media Monkey and Clementine have been mentioned very often, also iTunes, which makes its own decisions and moves music-files to other locations (suddenly they cannot be found in the old locations anymore). And names of further media players could be mentioned. Sure, they can be tried out, too, and Winamp can be kept on the computer at the same time.

Skins... There are Classic Skins, non-SUI Modern Skins, Modern Skins with SUI (Single User Interface), cPro- & cPro2 Skins (all with SUI). I have installed the downloaded plugin ClassicPro_2.02_beta2.exe from Skin Consortium. But It's really a matter of taste, if Winamp Skins are choosen, and there are many threads. I myself think, these 2 threads are the most important threads now:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=376812
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=286693

I am very happy about my .wmv-files, which are also in YouTube, and I can play them also in Winamp, not only in Windows Media Player (and maybe also in VLC, which will not come on my computer). That's very good...

Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
Music, Art, Lyrics, Videos
AMBIENT... AMBIENT music forever...
Old 20th June 2014, 11:19   #3
Satuim

IMO:
Winamp for Music Library
VLC Or MPC-HC for Quick Audio/Video Playback

Hey User! Are you using the latest update w/ The latest patches?
Just check, It won't take too long!

Download v5.666 build 3516
Download JTFE and in_mp3.dll Updates
Old 20th June 2014, 19:51   #4
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

3 useless postings and all of them had a hidden spam link in them. That is really no serious posting.

usually we remove the link and leave the posting if the answers are useful, but that's just spam.

The other postings were already removed. I leave this here, because people already made replies.

Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion