Old 25th January 2005, 21:57   #1
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
Traffic jay-walkers

OK, I admit that I jay-walk sometimes, but only when there's no traffic in the way...Why walk all the way to the crosswalk when where I need to go is a direct 2-lanes in front of me? The coast is clear...

BUT then there are the people who jay-walk in traffic...There are just some FUCKING IDIOTS who think they have the right of way to just up and walk right into moving traffic! They just have the most amount of luck in the world should a driver stop to let them pass...

I hope those bitches get their asses run over jay-walking in front of a car again so they'll teach themselves a goddamned lesson...And don't fucking yell at me when I pass by your dumb asses, or I'll circle right around and make sure you get skid-marks on your back right now, fuckers...

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2005, 22:02   #2
Bilbo Baggins
Wind Chime of the Apocalypse

It happens. I dont even know why its illegal in the US. I do it all the time (here in England). ITs no biggy.
Bilbo Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2005, 22:18   #3
manthabeats
Winamp's Cinematographer
(Major Dude)

Send a message via Yahoo to manthabeats
Just goes to show you that there are a lot of stupid people in this world.

Currently filming: Youtube stuff
My Website
manthabeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2005, 22:25   #4
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally posted by Bilbo Baggins
I do it all the time (here in England).
So do I...

...but do you do it right in front of a car that's at a hurling pace of 45mph?

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2005, 23:05   #5
sgtfuzzbubble011

Darwinism at it's finest.
sgtfuzzbubble011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2005, 23:15   #6
Bilbo Baggins
Wind Chime of the Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally posted by MidnightViper88
So do I...

...but do you do it right in front of a car that's at a hurling pace of 45mph?
It depends how far away the car is.
Bilbo Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2005, 00:25   #7
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

My big complaint here is it's state law that you stop for a pedestrian in a crosswalk regardless.
However, bicyclists seem to think they are pedestrians even though they are pedaling.
Fuck! Ride in front of my 26,000 lb. truck and I'll flatten you so mommy can't identify you
ElChevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2005, 05:20   #8
Mattress
Forum King

it's the worst around campus, you have to stop for people in cross walks, the problem is people are constantly walking across the street, so traffic gets backed up to hell because they never get to go.

They need to put in some lights or something because it is retarded.
Mattress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2005, 05:30   #9
manthabeats
Winamp's Cinematographer
(Major Dude)

Send a message via Yahoo to manthabeats
Kind of sounds like my campus, except it got so bad I bought a bike and I still have to fight my way through pedestrians.

Currently filming: Youtube stuff
My Website
manthabeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2005, 05:50   #10
k_rock923
\m/
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to k_rock923
I can't stand jaywalkers. What the hell do they think this is? A fucking game of frogger? People walk all over the place and right in the middle of the street. It doesn't help that nobody stops at the crosswalk though. And if you try to cross at the light, you will most likely get run over by someone making a right turn on red or a left turn on green or someone else simply ignoring the light and going wherever they want. The piles of snow everyhwere don't help either so you have the tiny little path for all these people to cross in. Actually, I live in New York. Nobody crosses at the corner, stops for red lights, parks in designated areas, stops for the crossing guard or obeys any other law. So really, what's the point. The stupid people here are always going to jaywalk. thank god I don't spend too much time in the city (although long island is usually just as bad) or i might go insane from all the non traffic law abiding freaks around.

Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway.
k_rock923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2005, 07:42   #11
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

Its illegal in the US so that when they do get hit by cars they car drivers sue them for a change.

I'm Back?
whiteflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2005, 15:34   #12
Wolfgang
Forum King

I do it but I think that close to 100% of the time I cross in a manner that doesn't mean the driver has to brake for me. That does piss me off. What pisses me off the most is when cycling people are crossing the road when the "little man" is on red and instead of hurrying the fuck up to the other side, they actually stop in the middle of the road and force me to stop or swerve sideways. It's amazing how often it happens.
Wolfgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2005, 18:24   #13
CaboWaboAddict
Forum Sot
(Major Dude)

It pisses me off when some pedestrian or cyclist causes me to swerve or stop suddenly and spill my Cabo Wabo!

Idiot's Advocate
My site (under construction)
CaboWaboAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2005, 19:12   #14
Wolfgang
Forum King

You should just run 'em over then. Breaking a few other laws can't hurt!
Wolfgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2005, 19:55   #15
ShyShy
Amazon Bush Woman
Forum Queen

Quote:
CIUDAD JUAREZ, Mexico (AP) - A Mexican man in hospital with a possible skull fracture and other injuries after being struck by a car is being held responsible for damages to the vehicle.

Sergio Segundo Ruiz, 60, was hit Monday about 10:30 p.m. local time when he crossed an avenue, apparently without taking any precautions, said Jose Adan Reyes, an official from the city's traffic department.

Under local law, crossing the street with disregard for safety and approaching traffic is an infraction, Reyes said.

A city police officer was posted outside Segundo's hospital room. The owner of the 1986 Ford Taurus involved in the accident was freed and is awaiting payment for the damages, the extent of which were not released.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...strian_charged
ShyShy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2005, 20:37   #16
NJK
The Frisian Spamfighter

wish the mexican law would work here in the Netherlands.
no matter how carefull you drive with a car as soon as you hit someone on a bicycle or a pedestrian you are guilty , unless you can prove that you did everything you could to avoid an accident.

Each Thursday a new show on Celtica Radio with Darkwave music.

WINAMPSHOUTCAST
NJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2005, 02:23   #17
ShyShy
Amazon Bush Woman
Forum Queen

This would have to be one of the times I'd admit to envying Mexico.
ShyShy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2005, 02:34   #18
petitechloe664y

mexico rules anyways except for the food it always makes me fart silly...
petitechloe664y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2005, 05:02   #19
Mattress
Forum King

I love the mexican highway law that says you have to stay in the right lane unless you are passing someone. you can be ticketed for driving in the left lane if you're not passing.

So Much better than the wussy "slower traffic keep left" advisory signs that everyone ignores here in the US.

Get in the right lane you slow bastards, I want to speed!
Mattress is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > The Bitchlist