Old 4th January 2011, 22:10   #1
nanllyn

Send a message via Yahoo to nanllyn
Winamp Pro not grabbing artwork & file format

I really like Winamp and have used it a few times through the years but now have decided to purchase it and it is exclusively. (I was using WMP 11 prior to this) I have done searches and can not find an answer that fixed my problems. And the threads on Album Artwork haven't fixed my problem so maybe I have something set wrong.
I do want to say real quick I use to use ITunes as I had an Ipod (Ipod is good- Itunes stinks) Then I used WMP 11. I now have an Android phone I use as a media player.
So having used these 3 programs through the years of ripping songs has made a mess of my folders. So I'm starting completely fresh and reripping all my cd's through WinAmp which is about 50, 000+ songs.
I have two problems. 1) it will not download the album art. I don't understand why (just to try it out after ripping via Winamp, I went to WMP and ripped same album and it found the album art right away). I do have the plugin Album Art 0.86 but it still does not download album art.
2) I don't like the way it files the albums. It is putting them in Artist - Album as the main file for each cd. I would like the file system to do as it use to. Main folder - Artist then within Artists file put each album. How do I get this to change?
Thanks for your time.
nanllyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2011, 23:24   #2
muppet

Send a message via ICQ to muppet Send a message via AIM to muppet Send a message via MSN to muppet Send a message via Yahoo to muppet Send a message via Skype™ to muppet
To put the ripped files in a different layout:

Preferences->Media Library->CD Ripping->Output File Settings.

Change: <Artist> - <Album>\## - <Trackartist> - <Title>

You probably want:

<Artist>\<Album>\## - <Title>

As for album art, you can just right click on the Album in Media Library and select "Get Album Art"

Easy.
muppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2011, 00:14   #3
nanllyn

Send a message via Yahoo to nanllyn
Thank you so very much for responding

You just saved me a lot of heartache. Now that I understand how the file structure works and how to write it, thanks to you, I can have it in any order I want!!! Thanks so very much.
nanllyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2011, 00:20   #4
muppet

Send a message via ICQ to muppet Send a message via AIM to muppet Send a message via MSN to muppet Send a message via Yahoo to muppet Send a message via Skype™ to muppet
Happy to help.
muppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support