Old 22nd December 2011, 22:38   #1
thinktink
Forum King

Send a message via Skype™ to thinktink
Modern skinned embed size constraints.

I'm trying to figure out how to set and/or keep a min/max height of an embed frame under a modern skin. I'm /classing both the frame (the window handle returned by the call to SendMessage(parent,WM_WA_IPC,(WPARAM)&EWS,IPC_GET_EMBEDIF)) and the dynamically created parent-parent window of the embed frame that's created whenever a modern skin is selected (it gets re /classed automatically in my wrapper code whenever the skins are changed.) At the moment capturing WM_SIZING, WM_GETMINMAXINFO, WM_ENTERSIZEMOVE, WM_WINDOWPOSCHANGING, and WM_WINDOWPOSCHANGED isn't working (well, partially on WINDOWPOSCHANGING, it's weird.)

What's the proper way (if any) to keep a min/max height on a modern skinned embed frame?
thinktink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2011, 22:46   #2
DrO

the proper way from what i remember is basically grabbing a pointer to a wasabi class from the userdata value associated with the embedwnd and then calling that (ifc_window or something) though i never got decent results with trying to control the min/max aspect (not even sure i'm using any of that stuff anymore and just leaving the skinning engine to handle things - only needed it for when the jtfe window was at a fixed size when first skinning it).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2011, 03:56   #3
thinktink
Forum King

Well rats. I guess I'll just have to come up with a Borland compatible kludge.

Thanks for the info.
Old 4th July 2012, 20:25   #4
thinktink
Forum King

I can't find ifc_window anywhere. I did a search for all files that contained the word and all header files, looking at each one. I downloaded and reinstalled the latest SDK just to make sure. Do you have that floating around somewhere?
Old 5th July 2012, 11:02   #5
DrO

it's not included in the sdk (and i don't know if that is allowed to be released).

from a look in my jtfe dev notes, it used to be known as api_window which might be present in the old wasabi sdk (is what i think i remember having to use when i was told about by francis too many years ago now).

i no longer use any of that since between things being changed between Winamp versions (must have been around the api_window to ifc_window change) and changing my own window code to cope with resizing it was no longer needed so how well it works, etc i'm not sure.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2012, 14:31   #6
thinktink
Forum King

Yikes, there's a lot here (and none of it guaranteed to work.) Looks like I'll be a while sorting through all this. Thanks for the hints.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Developer Center > Winamp Development

Tags
embed min max