Old 31st July 2017, 16:49   #1
keijo

Spammers gone rampant for so long...

I'm not entirely sure this post should go here, but I haven't seen a sub-forum to ask for.

As a really-long-time forums lurker, I decided to create my account once I had it all working for me and my streams, but there were legit users out there with unresolved inquiries and needing a layman's explanation to get them up in their feet with Shoutcast.

Still, it looks like the WA/SC forums are a little abandoned on the "cleanup" side, with lots of one-time spammers doing their deeds and planting their linkback farms for shady SEO (yes, the forum is highly rated among search engines); there's a need to add a few more sub-forums for languages, etc.

IMO, forum kings and moderators look a little overwhelmed by all this, so, can we lend a hand somehow? Apply for modding, maybe?

If this should go somewhere else, feel free to move it.

Thanks in advance,
keijo.-
keijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2017, 16:56   #2
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Ironic it was..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_20170731_135449.JPG
Views:	38
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	53432  

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2017, 18:29   #3
musicf8
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to musicf8
Quote:
Originally Posted by keijo View Post
IMO, forum kings and moderators look a little overwhelmed by all this, so, can we lend a hand somehow? Apply for modding, maybe?
I think it's just a lot of things that fall under the radar. I know there are a few listed mods that haven't logged in their account for some time, or if they have it's not as often as some of the regular visitors. I am guessing there's only a few actually active mods here. Still, I believe the best way to help it out is to report it, as I have tried doing, though that doesn't guarantee removal.

I do believe more active mods would help, but with great power comes great responsibility and the number of new (2013+) "active" members, I doubt they want to give that kind of power out like candy. But that's just my thoughts

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Current status of Winamp 5.8: 9/14/2017

Winamp v5.63 (used w/ ml_ipod) bumping through Windows 10 Pro w/ Logitech Z-5500
musicf8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2017, 20:51   #4
keijo

@Victhor you get my point.

On a side note, I wouldn't grant MOD status to people begging for it, like candy; haven't done on IRC days --yes, I'm that THAT old, wouldn't do it on my forums/groups. But...

When I consider someone for modding (not 'moding') that is done on the basis of their overall behavior in the forum, their willingness to help other members, how much they "troll" around, and online habits as per how much time they spend reading/posting, post quality, etc. Then they're approached with the offer and guidelines on how we expect them to behave with the newly acquired "powers".

I think the WA/SC forums need new blood to aid the elders getting things done. Just that.

Best regards,
keijo!
keijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Discussions