Old 24th September 2017, 14:58   #1
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Big Bento Modern Beta 0.93

After so so long, I'm pleased to present you my last skin, Big Bento Modern.

The skin is as complete and usable as possible, but THIS IS STILL BETA, so there are some compromises / bugs I need you to keep in mind (most may be invisible, depending on your music habits), SO CHECK THE README FILE inside the skin folder.
If you find there is a simple solution for any of the known bugs, please let me know, I'm all ears.

FEATURES HIGHLIGHTS:
* BBB >> Bigger / Better / Beautiful (translates into: High-res friendly / lots of features / modern style)
* File info panel has a better approach on covers and readability
* Multi-tools panel with highly customizable buttons
* Playlist info with never-seen-before info mix
* Huge, more complete and actually usable Skin settings page
* Cooler EQ page
* Integrated Lyrics and Youtube video finder (using your favorite web browser of course)
* Translate-friendly setup (more on this soon)
* Lots more, just try it.

HUGE UPDATE 03/11 (v0.93):
New = Spanish Winamp Language pack (wlz) (use included "wasabi.xml" to translate the skin to your own language). NOTE: Currently not working on WACUP (probably later)
New = "Skin Tips" (toggable from Skin Settings or through Right Click).
New = Search Playlist animation on click + visual clues to denote functionality (funnier when no results ).
New = Songticker and Times animation on load.
New = Right Click menu on Songticker is way more intuitive and useful (except for the "Send to" menu..).
New = (Playlist Search) Added Escape key trigger + Hover state to the whole area (more intuitive).
New = (Skin settings) Vertical scrollbars appear when needed (EQ tab too).
New = (Skin settings) "About the skin and the skinner" new page.
New = (Skin settings - Notifier) New option to show album or playback controls.
New = (Skin settings - Notifier) New option to hold notification open when mouse is above.
New = (Skin settings - Appearance) Option to set Winamp logo's visibility (Thanks DJPete).
New = (Side Playlist Album art) Added button to hide it (hidden, appears only on hover).
New = Equalizer tab has a little icon indicating if it's on.
New = (Shade) Right click on Switch button minimize Winamp.
Fixed = (Notifier) "Track XXXXXX of XXXXXXX" now is not truncated when displaying large strings (thanks Zackbuffo).
Fixed = (Notifier) Title now is properly displayed (with track time) when displaying long titles (thanks Zackbuffo).
Fixed = (Skin settings) Background rectangles change (and refresh) according to color themes.
Fixed = Display info no longer shows "Next / Previous track" nor "Stop playback" when nothing was playing (thanks Pawel).
Fixed = Custom buttons (formerly "Prog Buttons") only show info over songticker when set, not before (a lot more clean now).
Fixed = Play animation properly returns to 0 when stopped WHILE the animation is playing.
Fixed = "Current Playlist Info" no longer "steals" visible Playlist.
Fixed = Tabs tooltips.
Fixed = When volume is 0, Notifier text color changes to red and returns to yellow if volume is not 0.
Fixed = (EQ settings) Disabling / Enabling Crossfade does changes text color inmediately.
Fixed = "Slap close" (quickly exit -with Winamp maximized- by clicking the far top right corner) fixed.
Fixed = (File info) Background flashes above data while Winamp was docked (thanks Pawel).
Fixed = Bass and Treble thumbs are now centered when refreshing the skin.
Improved = Less chances that File info labels ("Kbps", "hz") end up truncated when using custom fonts (thanks Pawel).
Improved = Added outline to generic windows so it doesn't blend with the player itself.
Improved = "Notifier" references changed to a more standard "Notifications".
Improved = "Show Playlist Tab" is now on "Playlist" settings (makes more sense and clears some space on "Appearance").
Improved = (Skin Settings - Notification) Sub-menu text (colored in purple) changed to actual text objects (99% of the skin's text is not an image now).
+ lots of minor gfx fixes and improvements

Head here for download: Big Bento Modern beta 0.93

___________________________________________________________________________________________
NOTE: Just like Bento / Big Bento, this skin works loose in its own folder, so just unzip it on your skins folder.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	big_bento_modern_0.9_a.png
Views:	912
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	53549  

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2017, 15:17   #2
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victhor View Post

After so so long, I'm pleased to present you my last skin, Big Bento Modern.
I sincerely hope this is your latest skin and not your last. No matter what happens with Winamp upgrades, your skins are greatly appreciated by all remaining Winamp fans.

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2017, 15:20   #3
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Heh, you caught that on the spot.. thanks for your words! This is my last one for the time being, I'll be working on it for a long time still (it has 3 sub-versions actually, maybe 4). But seeing how much time it takes me to launch ONE skin (one per year?), I think is safe to say "last" until the next one comes out (ages after the last one heh).

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 24th September 2017, 16:19   #4
PeterK.

Now this is a gorgeous looking skin! I love the dark theme.

Three short points after a one minute test:

1) I cannot run them on XP - I always get the Classis skin shown on my desktop. On Windows 10 everything's fine.
2) I would make the corners of the skin sharp (90°), otherwise there are four white spots in the corners while running for example the File Explorer in the background.
3) Are the options: "Switch to Windows 10 style" and "Switch to Classic Winamp style" disabled?

Great job Victhor, finally a skin made for high-res displays!
PeterK. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2017, 16:45   #5
xmuzack

Wow, beautiful skin Victhor! I love the Big Bento skin and you made it even better. It totally looks modern, ready for 2017 and beyond. I can't even imagine the work you put into this, thank you.

The only issue I've found with it so far is that it refuses to display on a secondary monitor on Win 10. It snaps back immediately to the primary monitor. I'm having a blast playing with it though.

The gift of Winamp keeps on giving through the help of awesome Winampers.
xmuzack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2017, 18:12   #6
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmuzack View Post
The only issue I've found with it so far is that it refuses to display on a secondary monitor on Win 10. It snaps back immediately to the primary monitor. I'm having a blast playing with it though.
Thanks for your words. About your issue, there's a planned fix for it, in the meantime you can disable Snap to edges (either by Right Click menus or in the Skin settings panel).

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 24th September 2017, 19:02   #7
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterK. View Post
Now this is a gorgeous looking skin! I love the dark theme.

Three short points after a one minute test:

1) I cannot run them on XP - I always get the Classis skin shown on my desktop. On Windows 10 everything's fine

Ups! Never test it on XP! So much thinking about Win10 and high res displays.. Will test it later.

Quote:
2) I would make the corners of the skin sharp (90°), otherwise there are four white spots in the corners while running for example the File Explorer in the background.
Thought about it in the beginning (for other reasons actually). What shouldn't be happening is how you see the bg, it must be the fullscreen state not working like it should.

Quote:
3) Are the options: "Switch to Windows 10 style" and "Switch to Classic Winamp style" disabled?
That's just a hint of future versions

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 24th September 2017, 19:53   #8
PeterK.

Quote:
That's just a hint of future versions
Cooool!

By the way: do you want me to post "further observations" in this thread?
Old 24th September 2017, 20:16   #9
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Quote:

Cooool!

By the way: do you want me to post "further observations" on this thread?
Yes please, I'm unifying downloads on WACUP forums but I'll keep track on several channels actually.

If you can, I'd like you to see some scripts in particular, let me check out exactly which ones..

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 24th September 2017, 20:20   #10
PeterK.

Quote:
...If you can, I'd like you to see some scripts ...
Will do, Vic.
Old 24th September 2017, 20:43   #11
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

The animation script (animbutton.maki) is quite a novel use on a skin actually, it's based on a solution someone posted here but more polished and taken further for an actual use. I imagine you'd like to give it a go on your skins too (I'm eager to see how far would you take it).
When you can, please look inside the .m file and see if you can find why the "IF" condition is not working on the System.onstop part.

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 24th September 2017, 21:56   #12
PeterK.

Quote:
... When you can, please look inside the .m file and see if you can find why the "IF" condition is not working on the System.onstop part.
I am looking at it right now but am not going too deep into coding since it is getting late in Western Europe ...

I question though: why do you use (for example) PlayButton.onLeftClick() and System.onPlay() with the same content in the same script? I always thought the latter was enough.

OK. Another question so I understand it properly: System.onStop() means: in case the Status is PAUSED and the user hits the STOP button the animation frame number (0) should appear. Is this correct? I am namely not very familiar with the STATUS usage outside of System.onScriptLoaded(). According to what I have done in Quinto, this is the place where the STATUS is determined and particular functions/options are executed. For example I just had the orange circle around the PLAY sign, hit F5 and the orange circle changed to gray which is a sing that a STATUS query is definitely missing in the System.onScriptLoaded() part of the script, hence this STATUS is not updated.

And since you have chosen the PLAY/PAUSE option in one button, it is (for me) just a little bit confusing what STATUS is currently running. The Skin also changes the color of the circle, so it will take a while to remember whether I look at PAUSE or STOP.

But we'll get there, don't worry...
Old 25th September 2017, 00:33   #13
PeterK.

A thought regarding the IF query.

We assume, there is a boolean variable called answer. The processor "knows" that a boolean variable can only have one valid value: 1 or 0. So we declare this variable in the Global part of the script and assign a value to it. For example 0. Means "no answer".

In the further part of the script we want to execute a function according to a specific value of our variable called answer. So we ask:

if (answer) do this
else do that

As we remember we set the value to 0 so the else part will be executed.

Let's go back to your IF comment. If you type:

if (getStatus()==STATUS_PAUSED) AnimationPlayPause.gotoFrame(0);
else DoAniStuff(AnimationPlayPause, 15, 0, 50, 0);

I really doubt it is clear what else means. What does it mean? Which value is it? PAUSE? Why? PLAY? Why? I would recommend to be more precise here and "tell" Winamp exactly what you mean. For example:

if (getStatus()==STATUS_PAUSED) AnimationPlayPause.gotoFrame(0);
else if (getStatus==STATUS_STOPPED) DoAniStuff(AnimationPlayPause, 15, 0, 50, 0);

(I found a STATUS query within a function in a script of mine which looks like this:

So the function is supposed to run some commands if a song is played or paused. If neither PLAYING nor PAUSED is valid commands within the "else"-part are executed.)

So these would be my spontaneous ideas:

1) keep the STATUS of the playback within the System.onScriptLoaded() updated so you always get the correct animation.
2) try to use the System.onPlay, .onPause, .onStop commands only. (unless there is a limitation regarding the animations and you really have to use both - some tests are desperately needed here - will come soon )
3) "tell" exactly what is meant in the else line while doing the STATUS query. This might help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	script.png
Views:	980
Size:	7.5 KB
ID:	53556  
Old 25th September 2017, 14:45   #14
PeterK.

Quote:
... When you can, please look inside the .m file and see if you can find why the "IF" condition is not working on the System.onstop part.
I got it Vic! I know why the IF condition does not work. More details later this evening.
Old 25th September 2017, 15:06   #15
xmuzack

Quote:
You can disable Snap to edges (either by Right Click menus or in the Skin settings panel).
Thanks Victhor, works like a charm.
xmuzack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2017, 16:21   #16
gdhm

Although I have frequently kept up with the Winamp Forum I have not posted in a couple of years (I think) as nothing of value to add. After many years of usage, Winamp is still my favourite music player and I have never found any substitute worthy of changing my mind.

I have just downloaded Victhor's Beta offering of "big_bento_modern_0.9_by_victhor.zip" skin and having played with it for only some 20 minutes, I felt compelled to break my over long silence and comment regarding it.

THANK YOU SO MUCH, VICTHOR - I Really REALLY Love it!

It looks really great on my 1920 x1080 (24 inch) display and is it is now my Default skin of choice. I find it very easy to navigate and set my desired layout. All my desired pieces of information are displayed in the skin. The large clear Song display Scrolling (when long) bar is superb and is also great for my Thai wife who can easily see her Thai script song titles.

Once again many, many thanks Victhor.
Kind Regards
gdhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2017, 19:52   #17
PeterK.

Quote:
Well, let's see. This is the System.onStop() function in your script file:

System.onStop(){

//This "IF" is not working, it does DoAniStuff anyway (Winamp bug?)

if(System.getStatus() == STATUS_PAUSED){
AnimationPlayPause.gotoFrame(0);
}
else{
DoAniStuff(AnimationPlayPause, 15, 0, 50, 0);
}

PlayButton.show();
PauseButton.hide();

}

Question: what happens when a user clicks on the STOP button and the System.onStop() function is executed? The visible effect of that action is that the playback is stopped. More importantly for us is the invisible effect which is that Winamp changes the STATUS instantly! This would mean that ....

System.onStop(){ here is the STATUS already STOPPED!

... and thus all following IF conditions are, unfortunately, useless here. For the STATUS is not PAUSED and the else line is not read. And the DoAniStuff function in here is not responsible for the actual execution of the Animated Layer. I changed the function to:

System.onStop()
{
AnimationPlayPause.goToFrame(0);
PlayButton.show();
PauseButton.hide();
}

and you still get the animation running.
Old 26th September 2017, 00:48   #18
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Quote:
I got it Vic! I know why the IF condition does not work. More details later this evening.
Cool, I'm looking at it right now, I think your last post is not the right one* but the others are really opening my mind =). Hold on a bit, I feel the answer lies there...

* I ask you to look into animbutton.m just to see the function as an example of what is not working, but the animation itself is comprised by 2 animations on separate layers, so what you may see is working is the other animation (animbutton_main.m) being played.

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 26th September 2017, 07:15   #19
PeterK.

Quote:
...by 2 animations on separate layers, so what you may see is working is the other animation (animbutton_main.m) being played.
Yes, I noticed there is one which changes its looks from PLAY sign to PAUSE sign (and vice versa) and the second one is the RING changing its colors. Right?
Old 26th September 2017, 07:18   #20
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Quote:
Yes, I noticed there is one which changes its looks from PLAY sign to PAUSE sign and the second one is the RING changing its colors. Right?
Yeah, I just fixed it! (and now just lost a detailed post because session expired on the browser ).

See the WACUP post for new downloads!

Apparently, the Status_paused is not being read by System.OnStop, so Winamp ignored that condition all the time. My fix was to "tie" the Stop action to the animation frames.
So now all 4 animations are triggered when supposed to:
1. From "Music Stoped" to "Play Music" (ring GREY to PURPLE)
2. From "Play Music" to "Pause Music" (ring purple to YELLOW)
3. From "Play Music" to "Stop Music" (ring purple to grey)
4. From "Paused Music" to "Stop Music" (ring yellow to grey) << this one was not working

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 26th September 2017, 13:36   #21
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdhm View Post
Although I have frequently kept up with the Winamp Forum I have not posted in a couple of years (I think) as nothing of value to add. After many years of usage, Winamp is still my favourite music player and I have never found any substitute worthy of changing my mind.

I have just downloaded Victhor's Beta offering of "big_bento_modern_0.9_by_victhor.zip" skin and having played with it for only some 20 minutes, I felt compelled to break my over long silence and comment regarding it.

THANK YOU SO MUCH, VICTHOR - I Really REALLY Love it!

It looks really great on my 1920 x1080 (24 inch) display and is it is now my Default skin of choice. I find it very easy to navigate and set my desired layout. All my desired pieces of information are displayed in the skin. The large clear Song display Scrolling (when long) bar is superb and is also great for my Thai wife who can easily see her Thai script song titles.

Once again many, many thanks Victhor.
Kind Regards
Thanks! I'm glad you find it so useful, that's why I made it and seems to be really paying off!

Ps: I moved your thread here so I keep the News thread clean =)

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 26th September 2017, 15:36   #22
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:

So now all 4 animations are triggered when supposed to:
1. From "Music Stoped" to "Play Music" (ring GREY to PURPLE)
2. From "Play Music" to "Pause Music" (ring purple to YELLOW)
3. From "Play Music" to "Stop Music" (ring purple to grey)
4. From "Paused Music" to "Stop Music" (ring yellow to grey) << this one was not working
Of course it is your choice as the designer, but why use the colors grey and purple? Isn't red a more universal (and intuitive) color to indicate stop and green to indicate go (i.e. play)?

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2017, 16:03   #23
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
Of course it is your choice as the designer, but why use the colors grey and purple? Isn't red a more universal (and intuitive) color to indicate stop and green to indicate go (i.e. play)?
That's really a matter of how is integrated on the design, red is also universally used as a warning, so it's used for that when volume is muted (even on the color of the Notifier text!). Stopped is gray to associate it better with "no action", like if the ring was disabled. Purple is used across the skin as a signal of temporary attention (hover states, seek, etc) and yellow (orangish) is for constant attention (things that stay LONGER on the same state or don't change from one track to track, or point to activated states, like pause).
As you can see, I thought it trough, so I'm glad you've asked

PS: being on the works for so long is perfectly possible that I betrayed my own reasoning at some point, on some part of the skin, or had to recur to one of the 2 colors when another one was actually needed, but I think it's not the case on the playback buttons particularly.

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 26th September 2017, 21:11   #24
JeremyRedhead

Excuse me for asking, but where would I install this skin?
I've been using Winamp for a least a year now, but have never bothered installing a skin until now :P
JeremyRedhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2017, 00:20   #25
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyRedhead View Post
Excuse me for asking, but where would I install this skin?
I've been using Winamp for a least a year now, but have never bothered installing a skin until now :P
Unzip the folder inside the zips and place it on your Winamp skins folder, usually C/Program files (x86) /Winamp /skins. Let me know if you can't do it.

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 27th September 2017, 14:48   #26
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

I myself always do copy & paste with the skins, presets, textures, and I use the skins as .wsz-files, .wal-files and .zip-folders. I didn't have used another open folder yet than these 3 which come already with the Winamp Installer.

I have seen the screenshots. Big Bento Modern Beta is very different from the other SUI-Skins (Bento, Big Bento, cPro, cPro2, cProXUI, Komodo X Touchscreeen). So I don't know, if I will load them. I myself love to have the tabs above, if I watch the Milkdrop Visualizer, and Milkdrop 2 really should sit 100% symmetrical for me.

Maybe I will try out Big Bento Modern Beta without having Milkdrop 2 running. I have read the .txt-files in my examination-section outside of Winamp, and I hope, Winamp will not crash, if I use the notifier (but I do that only on my notebook, on my PC I have set it to "never show").

I am already sure before I have seen Big Bento Modern Beta with my own eyes, You have done a good work...

Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
Music, Art, Lyrics, Videos
AMBIENT... AMBIENT music forever...
Sabine Klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2017, 20:42   #27
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabine Klare View Post
I am already sure before I have seen Big Bento Modern Beta with my own eyes, You have done a good work...
Thanks! I knew I could count on you!!

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 28th September 2017, 14:06   #28
ravermeister

Send a message via ICQ to ravermeister
Hi, looks really nice and clean. But I'm missing the widgets setting where I can add the VU Meter to the skin. I mean the CoolVU I fixed some issues long time ago and uploaded it to Skinconsortium, but sadly the Website is currently broken

http://skinconsortium.com/index.php?...oad&itemID=130

here is the thread about it: http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=379694

how can I enable it in your skin?
thanks in advance
ravermeister

lastfm.rimkus.it - last.fm Youtube Radio (buy me)
www.rimkus.it - Contact Music & More
ravermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2017, 14:22   #29
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Heh glad you liked it, but you've mistaken the skin for a cPro skin, this is not, this is a traditional modern skin. In fact, is based on the default skin Bento / Big Bento.
The VU meter is composed of xml and makis, just like any modern skin, so maybe I can add it as a fixed visualizer once the skin is published..

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 29th September 2017, 15:15   #30
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

I have just tried to visit SkinConsortium from my Devious Journal "Winamp forever - Music forever!!! by Sternenmaschinebine on DeviantArt"
https://sternenmaschinebine.devianta...ever-440352684
and I get the message "Fatal error: Invalid SQL: INSERT INTO..."

I was online on deviantART anyway, and I have added a new favourite. As artist I want to promote also the other artists and skinners.

@ ravermeister and Victhor, I am sure, the VU meter can be added. I myself am more interested for the waveform seeker like in the downloaded "BBM+waveseeker.png" from the WACUP forums.

Because I will have a longer weekend this time, I will have some more time. We will see us somewhen next week...

Old 30th September 2017, 00:04   #31
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Yes, sadly Skin Consortium is having some issues and can't be solved at this moment, I don't have access to the coding / design part of the forum so I contacted Pieter and Martin about it. Martin said he will be looking into the issue whenever time allows.. ¬_¬

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 2nd October 2017, 10:11   #32
HerbalTowers

This is my first post in a long time. I have been using the Big Bento Winamp skin since it was first released and I never found a skin I preferred. I have now! This new skin is awesome and Winamp is looking fresh and lovely again. Looks fantastic at 1920x1080 Well done, great job!
HerbalTowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2017, 01:07   #33
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbalTowers View Post
This is my first post in a long time. I have been using the Big Bento Winamp skin since it was first released and I never found a skin I preferred. I have now! This new skin is awesome and Winamp is looking fresh and lovely again. Looks fantastic at 1920x1080 Well done, great job!
Wow, thanks! I'm getting a lot of this (people using skins for the first time to switch to my skin), beginning to feel some pressure . I guess I'm on the right track, be sure to stay alert for future releases!

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 11th October 2017, 16:38   #34
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Related to the Posts #1, #2, #3: I hope, this skin was only the latest skin and not the last skin in the Winamp World, and that a next skin will come out some day. Of course also an updated version could come out.

I am one of the people who don't want to give up the hope for a comeback of Winamp. Maybe a hibernation in a cave could be for some years, but I will wait for the day, for the Awakening, the Awakening Out Of Dreams...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4ba6LLjFUQ

Old 21st October 2017, 08:44   #35
ariszlo

Starting up the skin with 2 album covers feels messy. Would it not look cleaner if Album Art was turned off by default in File Info Components?
ariszlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2017, 16:31   #36
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Thank You for the update of Your skin today.

I will analyze again the inner structures. In the previous versions I had discovered, that in the color-presets.xml one with the title "6" had appeared twice, but I didn't find one with the title "2". For reading the .xml-files I use Notepad++.

I know, Big Bento Modern Beta 0.93 will be much better than Big Bento Modern Beta 0.92, and please don't stop with the skinning. Keep up Your good work!...

Old 10th November 2017, 15:26   #37
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Finally I had dared, and I wanted to see the latest 3 versions of this skin, but I didn't see them, not on my Workstation PC with Windows Vista, not on my notebook with Windows 7.

Is that, because I myself have no computer with Windows 10? Or is that because I didn't unzip the skin and pasted the 3 versions directly as .zip-folders into the skins folder? The satuim-skins can be loaded as .wal-files (but not the skins by harpyhag and by unfiltered-n).

If I have no other choice than to use the unzipped version instead (the latest), then I want to be sure, that I can use it side-by-side with the default Bento and the Big Bento from the original Winamp Installer. I myself want to keep also these 2 originals.

Edit:
If side-by-side is possible, hopefully also my collections in the folder "ColorThemes" with its 3 subfolders will work...

Old 10th November 2017, 16:56   #38
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Hi Sabine, the skin is meant to be used on an un-zipped folder. And please use the last version, is quite more stable and solid.

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 14th November 2017, 09:51   #39
RudieV

Great new skin!

Quote:
Big Bento Modern, new version, almost final!
30 items on the Changelog, imagine that! Check it out! Here.
Hi Victhor, thanks for the work and posting this new skin. I like it a lot and it shows that Winamp is still the best musicplayer. I have been using it for 20 years, yes since version 1.0

I have a question though: I like your skin best with the colour theme Winamp Modern City Night. Winamp does save the skin but not the colour theme settings. Every time I restart Winamp goes back to the default colour theme. Is there some setting I have to adjust? I know it is only beta but so far it is a great skin.
Keep up the good work and thanks again!

[Victhor mod edit: moved to specific thread]
RudieV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2017, 10:47   #40
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Hi RudieV, thanks for your words! What you're seeing shouldn't be happening at all, I suspect studio.xnf* may be interfering somehow. Trying deleting/renaming it and see if the issue goes away.

*studio.xnf is the file that stores several skins preferences, is usually on C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Winamp\. Is totally safe to remove / delete, Winamp will generate a new one with your new skin preferences.

Oh and make sure you're using the latest version of the skin (v0.94 v0.93). Let me know if that didn't solve the issue.

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins

Tags
bento, classic modern, skinning, victhor, winamp modern