Old 20th December 2010, 16:56   #1
sleno

Shoutcast DNAS 2 installation help

count me in as a total newb to this. but i have no idea how to do this. 1.9.8 was so-much user-friendlier but this 2.0 is like a total nightmare for me. i have no idea how to use it.

i've read the user manual millions of time but it still confuses me.

i don't see any gui-version to the dnas either.

to install through command i need to type this and type that and i have no idea what it is about and it doesn't even work for me. please help this newbie
sleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2010, 17:04   #2
DrO

alas there is no gui version of the v2 DNAS as that's how it has been built. it was only the Windows v1 DNAS which had a bolted on gui to act as a wrapper around the console otherwise it really isn't any different from what is now available with having to edit text files.

as long as you've installed everything from the installer version of the current windows version of the DNAS (build 10), all you should need to do is have a command prompt open in the installation folder and just follow things from there. the tools expect a certain level of knowledge on how to use a command-line in the respect of being able to start a program and pass a configuration option to it.

i guess it looks like i've got to re-write the getting started guide to be set at a much lower level for the windows versions.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2010, 18:18   #3
sleno

lol. my apologies for being such an idiot. but i'm just no-good at doing stuff like that.
sleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions