Old 25th August 2012, 17:31   #1
Miss Management

SHOUTcast disconnecting after each track

Hi All. I'm running Windows 7 ultimate 64bit on a Phenom II X6 T1100 with 8GB RAM. I usually DJ using VDJ but I’d also like the option of playing a playlist via Winamp 5 v5.63 using SHOUTcast v2.2.3 Build 112.

The problem I’m having is that after each tune plays, it disconnects. I've tried running Winamp in Admin mode but I still get the same issue. I looked online and can see others have this same problem but couldn't find the solution anywhere.

I even tried installing SHOUTcast into the same directory as Winamp and starting Winamp in Admin mode. I still get the same problem. Does anyone know a fix please?
Miss Management is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2012, 20:43   #2
DrO

running Winamp in admin mode is not going to make a difference to the issue you're having.

it's not entirely clear what you are actually connecting as a DJ to i.e. is it a Transcoder or a DNAS (and if so what version) ?

as i'm aware of some issues with the Source DSP and also the Transcoder which can potentially cause disconnect issues after a title update happens, but i'd need to have a complete idea of everything used in your setup (including versions).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2012, 21:04   #3
Miss Management

I'm connecting to a NeoStreams relay server. I use it to DJ in Second Life.

I've looked around and some said this issue 'just started working again' or 'you need to change win 7 admin settings', but that's all I got.
Miss Management is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2012, 21:18   #4
DrO

i'm sorry but if it's an issue with using a non-SHOUTcast DNAS server then i don't think there's much to do (i can only provide help when generally only using the official SHOUTcast DNAS). at the moment, my best suggestion is if you are using the Source DSP is to see what happens if you disable it sending title updates and if that makes any difference, otherwise if there is still an issue then you'd need to wait until the next public update of the Source DSP happens (which has some fixes for title update failures with the official tools which may help but i really don't know as you're using an unknown setup to me).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support

Tags
disconnecting, shoutcast, windows 7