Old 11th May 2007, 17:43   #1
RejZoR

[WA 5.34a) Stupid squares in trey "hover" popup

This is what i mean. Hover over WA trey icon and i get some stupid squares when playing ANY audio file. The stuff on image is DI.FM Trance channel (MP3 stream), but i'll get those squares between letters in any MP3 too. All titles in WA itself seem to be ok.
Only 3rd party plugin that i'm using is APE Input plugin from APE Monkey. Oh, i'm using Vista Home Premium and ALchemy (X-Fi XM). But i dont't think ALchemy can cause this since it's operating outside of any WA stuff.
This "bug" is minor but weird and annoying. Not sure when it appeared but i know it's not normal...
Please look into it. Thx
RejZoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2007, 19:56   #2
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

This should already be fixed in 5.35, coming soon (not sure exactly when though).

If not, please let us know in this thread after 5.35 release.

The bug was possibly related to some compiler optimizations,
which afaik have been removed for 5.35

Though you should also confirm that the problem occurs with NO 3rd-party plugins
(I just installed MonkeysAudio in_ape, but although I couldn't repro your bug - probably because I'm on WinXP, not Vista - I did see some funkiness with the skinning of the Media Library, which was caused by an incompatibility/bug in in_ape.dll)
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2007, 21:41   #3
ZoNi

Winamp Lite 5.35, Vista Ultimate...

this bug is still alive

and now, when I open WA (with playlist and main window), playlist shows, and than, half second later, main window shows... I haven't seen anything like that before...
ZoNi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2007, 21:54   #4
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Was it a clean install with no 3rd-party plugins?

We can't reproduce it under Vista, or any other OS.

Unless it only affects non-English locales or something...?
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2007, 23:48   #5
RejZoR

Seems ok (for) now.
Old 30th May 2007, 08:24   #6
RejZoR

It's not ok. Still having those squares in WinAMP 5.35...
Old 30th May 2007, 09:09   #7
DrO

it's hard to fix an issue when no one on the dev/beta team seems to be able to reproduce the issue. and based on something else we saw which led to a similar issue, it may be a pain to track down what is causing this. i'm sure they'll manage to get it sorted out somehow but it is lower down on the todo list i'd have thought.

as one thing that does come to mind, does the issue happen with the compact mode icon in gen_tray (that displays a similar text to winamp's icon and would be good to compare to something else of a similar nature)

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2007, 11:42   #8
RejZoR

This is getting annoying like hell. I'm listening a lot trance on DI.FM and some titles are very long. Those have like 10 squares if not more in the popup!?

Old 9th July 2007, 12:25   #9
DrO

i think the issue may be a incorrectly initialised buffer for the text used on the tooltip but as i'm not on vista i can't test out what i think the issue is for certain.

also there's been nothing back regarding my question about how the gen_tray version works...

-daz
Old 9th July 2007, 17:41   #10
RejZoR

I've removed all the unnecessary plugins (only DS for output, no visualizations and no general plugins).
Old 9th July 2007, 19:08   #11
DrO

that still doesn't answer my question as to whether the gen_tray compact mode tooltip exhibits the same issue as winamp's notification tooltip. i need to know if they both exhibit the issue or if it is just soley winamp.exe at fault as this information will give me a better idea of things going on if i'm going to attempt to fix the issue

-daz
Old 9th July 2007, 19:57   #12
RejZoR

Ok (my bad there)... There is clearly a problem related to gen_trey (or shall i say lack of it). If i place it's DLL into the plugins folder and enable it (even without Compact mode it appears), both trey icons display proper text without stupid squares. When i remove it, squares are back in all their glory. So we now have something to look at and start to debug...
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports