Old 4th December 2010, 17:38   #41
zepper

The latest version is crashing OGV files using the Haali Splitter and Direct Show. V5.581 was fine. It doesn't do it with all of them so if you want I can upload an affected one. The error seems to be with ogm.dll from the Haali directory.

It's happening in the XP and Win7. My setup is Netvista, P4.

Also the new Winamp will install in W2k but won't open because there's the dreaded "The procedure entry point SetDllDirectoryW could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll" error.
Old 4th December 2010, 17:55   #42
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by zepper View Post
Also the new Winamp will install in W2k but won't open because there's the dreaded "The procedure entry point SetDllDirectoryW could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll" error.
that's related to the dll search path vulnerability fix which win2k doesn't support or versions of XP prior to SP1). will see if this can be resolved though it is starting to get to a point where at least Win2k probably should be dropped from support but that's just my opinion, heh).

-daz
Old 4th December 2010, 17:56   #43
Juanus
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Juanus
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Egg View Post
@Juanus

Oh? Really? Dang!!!!

Okay, thanks for the info.
What "test stuff" did Benski give you? Just pmp_ipod.dll & in_mp3.dll, or more?

I've just updated the Update Pack again (in_mp3, ml_pmp, pmp_ipod, pmp_wifi, ml_plg, ru-ru.wlz)
(winamp.exe = unchanged)
Yes, Just pmp_ipod and in_mp3.dll... Nothing else.
Is the new update pack different than what I just had? I might try it anyway. Maybe that will solve the problem.
:::shakes fist at apple products:::
Old 4th December 2010, 17:59   #44
zepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
that's related to the dll search path vulnerability fix which win2k doesn't support or versions of XP prior to SP1).

-daz
That's why I it called the dreaded error. Since it's no longer supported you might want to block installation to save the trouble.
Old 4th December 2010, 18:27   #45
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Ahh, so the DLL load vuln fix has broken Win2k support. D'oh!
I guess we should do something about fixing that....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanus View Post
Yes, Just pmp_ipod and in_mp3.dll... Nothing else.
Is the new update pack different than what I just had? I might try it anyway. Maybe that will solve the problem.
:::shakes fist at apple products:::
Yes, please try the update again, or even just the ipod update from here
(even though the exact same versions of pmp_ipod & in_mp3 are also in the update pack).

Confirm that your pmp_ipod version is v0.8
(maybe the installer is borked or something and isn't overwriting current pmp_ipod?)
Old 4th December 2010, 21:57   #46
Juanus
Major Dude

Quote:
Yes, please try the update again, or even just the ipod update from here
(even though the exact same versions of pmp_ipod & in_mp3 are also in the update pack).

Confirm that your pmp_ipod version is v0.8
(maybe the installer is borked or something and isn't overwriting current pmp_ipod?)
Confirmed sir. I am using pmp_ipod version 0.8
I am also using in_mp3.dll version 4.94
I also extracted the .exe and manually put those files in myself just to make sure.
Old 4th December 2010, 23:47   #47
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevn2 View Post
win2k doesn't support or versions of XP prior to SP1?
Correct. A fix is on the way. Stay tuned....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanus View Post
Confirmed sir. I am using pmp_ipod version 0.8
I am also using in_mp3.dll version 4.94
I also extracted the .exe and manually put those files in myself just to make sure.
Okay, I've attached a zip with 2 versions of pmp_ipod in.
The one in the root of the zip is the same one as Benski got you to test yesterday.
The one in the test2 folder has some code reverted back to 5.58 for getting firewire id.

Let us know if either of these versions work.

What's your iPod model, by the way?

Old 5th December 2010, 01:35   #48
Juanus
Major Dude

Ipod Classic 5G
Name: Juanus' iPod
Capacity: 148.79
Software Version 1.1.2
serial number 8K741BN6YMX
Format: Windows

I restored the ipod with itunes and then I eject my ipod, disconnect the cable, closed itunes and started winamp With the one in the root folder. I choose English on my ipod and then I connect the ipod to the cable again. Winamp sees my ipod and I transferred some music, ejected. And it showed no music. So I connected it again, transferred more music and then everything showed up. I could then transfer music to my hearts content with no problems.

I restored the ipod with itunes again and then I eject my ipod, disconnect the cable, closed itunes and started winamp With the one in the test2 folder. I choose English on my ipod and then I connect the ipod to the cable again. Winamp sees my ipod and it worked flawlessly immediately. I didn't have any weirdness at all.

I restored the ipod with itunes again and started winamp With the one in the root folder... This time, it took two passes of connecting, transferring, and disconnecting before the music would show up. I connected, transferred some music, disconnected. It showed no music. Same procedure again, no music. Then the third time I transferred music, the music showed on the ipod.

I restored the ipod with itunes and then I eject my ipod, disconnect the cable, closed itunes and started winamp With the one in the test2 folder. I choose English on my ipod and then I connect the ipod to the cable again. Winamp sees my ipod and it worked flawlessly again.

I hope that helps.

Last edited by Juanus; 5th December 2010 at 01:36. Reason: carriage returns and spelling. sorry
Old 5th December 2010, 06:41   #49
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Thanks Juanus. Yes, that does help, immensely :-)

Both the Update Pack & pmp_ipod_update installers have been updated again.
Old 5th December 2010, 15:52   #50
DrO

Quote:
Ahh, so the DLL load vuln fix has broken Win2k support. D'oh!
I guess we should do something about fixing that....
should now be fixed for the next update

-daz
Old 5th December 2010, 19:17   #51
synthetiq

Transcoder window

First of all thanks for this new version! It rocks and I just love the device manager (yay!).

I would like to make a sugestion about the transcoder window because when it finishes the conversion the title window still showing "Converting...", but the job is finished!

Also could be possible to "pause" the conversion as well ?

thankx!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	transcoder.JPG
Views:	273
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	48026  
Old 6th December 2010, 01:37   #52
Juanus
Major Dude

Hooray for the latest update... My ipod works again!
Thanks Guys.
Old 6th December 2010, 04:21   #53
iron2000

Quote:
@iron2000

Hi :-)

Is that with "Restore associations at Winamp startup" checkmarked in:
Winamp -> Prefs -> File Types?

Is the Agent also enabled? (same Prefs page -> maintain file associations)

Any 3rd-party/non-default plugins installed?

Is your Win7 profile an admin or standard user?
Hi

"Restore associations at Winamp startup" is not checked.
I didn't install the Agent.

3rd party plugins - win7shell and icecast
(Also in_wv, Find on disk and Skin Manager from Winamp Essentials if they count)
(Jump to File and MilkDrop too if default means those with "Nullsoft" in their name)

My Win7 profile is Administrator with default UAC level.

Thanx
Old 6th December 2010, 04:34   #54
animaul12

I have Winamp to auto detect updates and new versions, but it did not notify me of this. Any known reason why this might happen?
Old 6th December 2010, 08:42   #55
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

@iron2000
And it still happens when win7shell and icecast plugins are disabled?
I've got ffod & skin mgr installed (but not in_wv).

@animaul12
The update notification hasn't been activated yet.
There'll be another 5.6 maintenance release coming shortly (5.601), then we'll switch it on.
ps. Hi Benski :-)

@Juanus
Yay! Thanks again! :-)
Old 6th December 2010, 09:45   #56
iron2000

@DJ Egg
I seem to have got it solved by deleting winamp.ini
Perhaps its an effect of installing over.

Thanx
Old 6th December 2010, 19:28   #57
Benski
Ben Allison
Former Winamp Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by animaul12 View Post
I have Winamp to auto detect updates and new versions, but it did not notify me of this. Any known reason why this might happen?
We don't turn on the upgrade notification until we're sure there are no show-stopping issues.
Old 6th December 2010, 20:32   #58
osmosis
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by animaul12 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benski View Post
We don't turn on the upgrade notification until we're sure there are no show-stopping issues.
The final release is basically a "Release Candidate" to follow the actual Public Beta . Then they release a fix build after a little while to clear up any remaining bugs. Seems kinda silly for a release cycle but I guess it grabs peoples attention and helps weed out issues in a larger population than launching an actual RC after the Beta would.
Old 6th December 2010, 22:26   #59
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by osmosis View Post
The final release is basically a "Release Candidate" to follow the actual Public Beta . Then they release a fix build after a little while to clear up any remaining bugs. Seems kinda silly for a release cycle...
That's right and happened with nearly all releases in the past, but don't blame the devs for the weird release dates.
Old 7th December 2010, 04:46   #60
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Winamp 5.601 Released

First 2 posts have been updated accordingly :-)
Old 7th December 2010, 05:57   #61
djpete
Major Dude

small bug. Classic mode oscilloscope animation seems a bit weird.
Pic...

Cheers, Pete

Anything & Everything Winamp - All In One Place...
Winamp Enthusiasts Group
Old 7th December 2010, 06:25   #62
osmosis
Major Dude

Thanks for the update, Egg!

I was having a think about my ml_ipod related post earlier in the thread, and had an idea. Winamp currently supports uninstalling plugins from within the program, why not also support disabling them? they'd still list, but be grayed out with [Disabled] or something, and then, in the future for Update Packs and the like the files would still be updated since the disabling would be like an exclusion list on the plugin loader. You could even have the winamp installer disable ml_ipod if pmp_ipod is chosen in the installer instead of delete. Dunno if this is more a "OneForNunz thing" or a "core Winamp thing", but thought I'd mention it here since this was the genesis of it all.
Old 7th December 2010, 10:58   #63
iron2000

Somehow 5.6 isn't detecting the gen_tagger plugin.
It's there in the plugins folder but Winamp doesn't load it or something.

It's been working in 5.5 and before.

Thanx
Old 7th December 2010, 11:50   #64
DrO

osmosis: there was an app which would do that. the problem is that most of the plug-ins end up hooking into Winamp and a disable would still require some sort of tracking / restart to allow it to work. plus it really is more sensible to just not have the plug-ins not wanted present / moved to a separate folder instead of complicating things (but that's just my view).

iron2000: just quickly tried it and it's not loaded as the plug-in is crashing on loading (is more lucky that it's not crashing Winamp as well). i've no idea why it is crashing (is possible it was expecting something internal which has changed) but as joonas stated (here) the plug-in was broken in 2007 then i guess it's more lucky that it has been working with older versions of Winamp.

-daz
Old 7th December 2010, 12:36   #65
iron2000

@DrO
Good to know that its not something wrong on my side.
But its sad that gen_tagger is not working anymore as I rely on it to batch tag on the playlist.
(I rarely use the Media Library.)

Thanx
Old 7th December 2010, 12:55   #66
Juanus
Major Dude

Winamp keeps getting better. This is pretty awesome!
Old 7th December 2010, 16:19   #67
iron2000

Noticed that the "Show Winamp in folder context menus in Windows Explorer" option under Preferences->File Types does not stay checked.

I can check the option, go to another preference page then come back and see the option unchecked. The other 2 options under "Explorer settings" do stay checked when checked.

The context menu entries from the "Shell options" preference page does show in Explorer though.

Thanx
Old 7th December 2010, 16:21   #68
osmosis
Major Dude

iron2000: gen_tagger is working on my end.. my guess is that it conflicts with another plugin you have. Also, "Shell Options" is added by JTF and has to disable the Winamp Core context menu handling so that it can. So there's that, but going to another prefs page and back it should stay checked, so maybe we're seeing elevation problems again?

Edit: gen_tagger works on my 32bit Win7 machine, but not my 64bit Win7 laptop, identical installations of Winamp. Also tried removing ALL plugins. Literally all of them. Nothing allows it to load, though intruigingly removing all but SHOWS "gen_tagger.dll |NOT LOADED|" in the plugins page.

Last edited by osmosis; 7th December 2010 at 18:20.
Old 7th December 2010, 16:46   #69
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Hmm, weird.
UAC prompts are working fine here, options in Prefs -> File Types & Shell Options remain checkmarked and work.
There was no relevant code changes related to those options inbetween 5.6 and 5.601.

Make sure you've closed & reopened Winamp since installing, because it's already running
in admin/elevated mode on first run, due to the installer being run in elevated mode.
Old 7th December 2010, 17:49   #70
osmosis
Major Dude

Doh.. Dumb dumb dumb Elevation works! Works better than before even. Correct me if i'm wrong, but I think it used to UAC prompt any time those prefs pages were viewed. Now it only seems to prompt when something has changed, which is perfect. I wasn't making any changes so I thought UAC elevation was broken. sorry.

Edit: although while messing around, i found removing in_wave.dll makes winamp UAC at every start. weird.
Old 7th December 2010, 18:29   #71
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Oops. Script errors and/or blankness in Info Panel & AOL Radio & other services. Fixing serverside..... bear with us...

[EDIT]

Now fixed :-)
Old 7th December 2010, 18:58   #72
iron2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by osmosis View Post
iron2000: gen_tagger is working on my end.. my guess is that it conflicts with another plugin you have. Also, "Shell Options" is added by JTF and has to disable the Winamp Core context menu handling so that it can. So there's that, but going to another prefs page and back it should stay checked, so maybe we're seeing elevation problems again?

Edit: gen_tagger works on my 32bit Win7 machine, but not my 64bit Win7 laptop, identical installations of Winamp. Also tried removing ALL plugins. Literally all of them. Nothing allows it to load, though intruigingly removing all but SHOWS "gen_tagger.dll |NOT LOADED|" in the plugins page.
Ok, so the JTF context menu handling disables the core's option.
Maybe it would be good to grey out the core's option.

For the gen_tagger, i too removed all other plugins and got "gen_tagger.dll |NOT LOADED|" on my 64bit machine. So it rules out plugin conflict?

But I am so sure that gen_tagger ran well in 5.5x on 64bit Win7.

Thanx
Old 8th December 2010, 04:39   #73
osmosis
Major Dude

As DrO said, something must have finally broken it for good on 64bit. Ideally we'd have something like the metadata editor incorporated into the playlist editor natively, but that goes without saying, and for a few other plugins like drag n' drop, etc which have also fallen on hard time and disrepair.
Old 8th December 2010, 06:22   #74
_glook

Latest version of Winamp (5.6) never starts up on my Windows 7 64 bit install.

When I click on the start menu icon, my mouse cursor changes to "busy" for a few seconds and then nothing happens, even after a few minutes. Subsequent opens don't do anything as well. If pinned to the taskbar, the icon will be selected for a few seconds and then it will become deselected, as if it closed. When I check in the Task Manager, there are multiple instances for winamp.exe *32, one for each click.

Uninstalling and reinstalling did not help.

I'm assuming there is some bug with Winamp in Windows 7 64 bit and I don't mind going back to 5.5 until it is solved. Unfortunately, I deleted my original install file because, as it so happens, this is the first time something like this has happened to me during an upgrade.

However, I don't see any download links for previous versions of winamp on this site. Is it hidden somewhere?
Old 8th December 2010, 06:53   #75
_glook

Nevermind, I ended up deleting everything and reinstalling. It's now loading. The only issue now is that all of my songs and ratings are gone from my library. Luckily I made a backup, but I don't exactly know what I'm doing with these files. Hopefully I can get everything back, and I guess next time I'll think twice before upgrading.
Old 8th December 2010, 07:15   #76
osmosis
Major Dude

It's your corrupt files/plugins that kept it from loading, so think twice about complaining next time.
Old 8th December 2010, 10:37   #77
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

@_glook

See here for info about restoring backups
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....161361#backup2

And yes, at a guess, it will have been some old 3rd-party plugin to blame.
The Winamp uninstaller doesn't remove 3rd-party plugins.
See clean install instructions.
Old 8th December 2010, 10:41   #78
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

The Winamp update checker has now been switched on. Let the fun begin....

Installers (and Update Pack) have been silently updated with an ml_plg fix for Win2k/XP (plg wasn't loading on those OS).

There's also a slight change in pmp_wifi where it now sends AlbumArtist metadata to the Android device.
However, a new WinampForAndroid app build is required for the device to actually be able to use said metadata....

Updated installers also include updated Russian, Portuguese-BR & Japanese lang packs.

Nothing else has changed.
Old 9th December 2010, 11:43   #79
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

THE Final 5.601 update!!!

Update Pack has been updated again

-ml_plg: fixes a potential bug where a forced rebuild could occur after every Winamp relaunch for users with non-English locale

Also includes latest pmp_ipod fix (fixes sync for Nano 4g - 100% confirmed!)

Main installers will hopefully be (silently) refreshed at some point later today....

What a carry on, eh?!
Old 9th December 2010, 11:50   #80
djpete
Major Dude

Can anyone confirm this small bug or should I back off the medication?
"small bug. Classic mode oscilloscope animation seems a bit weird"
Above post

Cheers, Pete

Anything & Everything Winamp - All In One Place...
Winamp Enthusiasts Group
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Tags
download winamp