Old 10th June 2010, 18:36   #1
AmpBerserk

Shoutcast pages in Media Library empty

Hey everybody,

I hope this is the correct area of the forums for my issue.

With the recent update to Winamp 5.572 on this computer a couple of weeks ago, Shoutcast stopped working. The pages of "Shoutcast Radio", as well as "Shoutcast TV", simply are displayed as empty black pages in Bento skin.

After fiddling all afternoon with this computer, suspecting, checking and reinstalling Winamp's settings, skins, firewalls and network settings, I found out that the Shoutcast plugins use the following webpages for display inside Winamp's Media Library:

Shoutcast Radio: http://www.shoutcast.com/scradioinwinamp/
Shoutcast TV: http://www.shoutcast.com/sctvinwinamp/

Both these websites are shown as blank pages, no matter what browser or operating system I try.

Are these pages somehow wrong? Is there some setting I can tune to get Shoutcast back into Winamp? And more than anything, why doesn't this seem to bother anyone else?

Actually, without working shoutcast, there's no reason for me to continue using Winamp, as I only used it because of its formerly great shoutcast integration which I haven't found anywhere else so far...

Here some more specs:

Winamp 5.572
Shoutcast plugin versions from the "Online Services" section in the Media Library as of today's date
Windows XP SP3, english; Everyday user uses a restricted account
Comodo Internet Security as firewall solution, but well, this is definitely not the culprit

Hope somebody can help.

Kind regards,

AmpBerserk
AmpBerserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2010, 19:13   #2
JonnyMac

[EDIT > JM] See DJ Egg's reply first

Try right clicking on 'SHOUTcast Radio' (under 'Online Services') and select 'Remove'. Do the same for 'SHOUTcast TV'. You can re-add them by clicking on 'Online Services' and selection them from the right pane, try clicking the 'Most Downloaded' link and both SCradio and SCTV should be among the selections.

If worse come to worse you could try the "clean slate" approach. Right click on 'Online Services' and select 'Restore Default Services'.

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2010, 20:06   #3
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

At a guess, you've got o.aolcdn.com blocked via your hosts file, or maybe in IE's restricted zone.
You'll need to remove & unblock it for the sc views to work.
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2010, 19:30   #4
AmpBerserk

)-: ʞɔᴉɹʇ ǝɥʇ op ʇ,upᴉp ʇɐɥʇ 'ǝdou

Thank you, guys, for replying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyMac View Post
Try right clicking on 'SHOUTcast Radio' (under 'Online Services') and select 'Remove'. Do the same for 'SHOUTcast TV'. You can re-add them [...]
Nope, tried that several times before I opened this thread, to no effect. Is there some other cache I could try to wipe? Where and how?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyMac View Post
If worse come to worse you could try the "clean slate" approach. Right click on 'Online Services' and select 'Restore Default Services'.
Tried that right now, but it didn't change a thing -- apart from restoring the original order of the items in 'Online Services'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Egg View Post
At a guess, you've got o.aolcdn.com blocked via your hosts file, or maybe in IE's restricted zone.
Nope. I could already exclude this as the cause, as all browsers on all my local machines and OSes display only blank pages on the above links, most of which I have never touched the hosts file. Checked anyway: hosts file only has the standard comments and localhost stuff.

What webpages should the two shoutcast plugins use, anyway? I found them out by right clicking on the (empty) shoutcast page and selecting "Print Preview". The addresses will be displayed at the bottom of the preview. Though, I suppose the one I found out are out of date...

I'm open to any further suggestions. :-)

AmpB

Last edited by AmpBerserk; 11th June 2010 at 19:38. Reason: Bad, bad typo..
Old 11th June 2010, 23:25   #5
AmpBerserk

Oh, I forgot to mention: IE's restricted zones are empty, as well. I checked those thoroughly before opening this thread.
Old 12th June 2010, 00:26   #6
JonnyMac

Don't be confused by those addresses appearing a blank pages in standard browsers. The SHOUTcast pages in the ML are built for the ML Online Services. Online Services section of Winamp's media library is a embedded Internet Explorer session, so you could try clearing MsIE's cache.

Otherwise, are you using any script or ad blockers?
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2010, 12:28   #7
AmpBerserk

[Solved]

Thanks for your help, guys.

By now I solved it by deinstalling Winamp and erasing all its residual settings and files from all accounts. Afterwards I reinstalled Winamp anew, é voilà: Shoutcast appears to be working again. Strangest thing...

Anyway, JohnnyMac, clearing IEs cache didn't do the trick. I had already tried that before posting here and again after you advised it. Neither it was due to any blockers. I guess, something in my Winamp's settings just got broken somehow around the time of Winamp's last update.

I'll see if it remains working or not.

Happy weekend to everyone, and thanks again!

AB
Old 1st September 2012, 09:47   #8
poin

Had that problem too suddenly. What did work for me was changing the Localization in the Options to English (US). Might work for people encountering the same problem and looking for a solution without installing it again.
poin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports

Tags
shoutcast empty blank