Old 10th October 2012, 20:31   #1
shagmelove

Cluster Feed Not Working and NAK Error

We run one encoder and 6 relays. All should combine stats of listeners on the shoutcast page. This has stopped working and only see one relay showing stats for the last 4 days. It should keep changing relays as tune ins and display everything. I have noticed a Error posting it now>
10/10/12@13:04:42> [yp_tch] yp.shoutcast.com gave error (nak)
<10/10/12@13:04:42> [yp_tch] yp.shoutcast.com gave extended error (Error acquiring station ID - DNAS restart required [495])

While searching the boards I came across this post from Mod DrO:

i know about it and i believe i've found the cause of it at about 2am last night (my time).

however as i'm about to go on holiday (first real one since a year ago), there's little that will be done until i'm back. the 495 issue has been on-going for months, it's just that since i've fixed another issue during the mid-week updates that it is now actually getting back to the servers.

When someone takes a holiday does anyone else work on fixing issues with shoutcast?
shagmelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2012, 14:43   #2
DrO

my first full week off this year and i get slated for it, thanks!

considering this has been an already on-going issue as was clearly stated in my reply in http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=349679 (where you've quoted me from), it was not deemed something that i have to cancel my holiday yet again to work on.

SHOUTcast is a small team and sometimes (however it is viewed be people using the platform) issues do take longer to be resolved than would be liked (especially when it's taken a while to resolve other issues which then allowed the issue which this and that thread relates to be finally determined).

so now that i am back, i will be aiming to have the fix deployed this week and i will as time allows also look into anything specific from the pm you sent (which i've still to look through).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2012, 23:24   #3
shagmelove

Hello DrO,
I wasn't saying you shouldn't take time off or not take a vacation. Was wondering if anyone else but you worked on issues. I didn't mean to offend you. Hope the Holiday was awesome. Let me know when the fix you are working on is in place this week please. Because I need to get this issue corrected. Not sure if it is related to the NAk issue or not. You have the info I sent in a PM . Welcome back.....
Old 19th October 2012, 17:10   #4
DrO

for those following this, the issue has now been resolved including rectifying a number of issues which lead to the NAK errors from the deploys made at the start of the month. thanks to shagmelove for helping with access to the affected servers last night which made it much easier to determine the issue which was happening

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2012, 00:17   #5
shagmelove

anything to make it easy for everyone using shoutcast \m/ and Thank you Daz for working so hard to find a fix.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support