Old 16th December 2012, 17:30   #1
Mr_Fixit

Dual Display Video Lag issue

I use winamp for when im DJ'ing (function room at my local watering hole) and sometimes want to play music video's and its annoying that i cant maximise the video witout it lagging or having to put the pc in clone display mode!

Does anyone know how to get video's to display without jumping/frame lag when using a second display in full screen

milkdrop v2 in desktop mode on the second screen works 100% with no lag or heavy cpu usage (but if it in window mode and double clicked or in full screen mode on the second screen that lags too)

i'v tried 3 different video cards (Nvidia ti4400, a geforce fx5500 and a ati radeon 9200) with the same result (but the fx5500 couldn't deal with some presets in milkdrop)

i'v swaped over which display is primary and secondary and different resolutions with the same result! if the video window isn't maximised i get a good video rate but once you double click to maximise it gets jumpy, if you maximise it on the primary display its always fine

i'v also tried this on my home PC (duel core, pci-x 512Mb graffix with same result)

any idea's?

Pc is an old amd 3400+ 64bit cpu, 2GB Ram, 32bit xp pro, directX 9.1 (all tests passed), Nvidia ti4400 running main display for me and second output to a 4way vga splitter, 17" monitor for me to see whats happening, 2x 32" TV's and a projector (yes i'v removed the splitter to test video lag, still same)
Mr_Fixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2012, 17:56   #2
Mr_Fixit

looks like an update to DirectX 9.29 has sorted it
Mr_Fixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support