Old 12th March 2002, 16:46   #1
Great White

Show song title on web page

What is the simplest way to show what the current song is playing on your website? Havem't been able to get this going.

Thanks
Great White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2002, 21:39   #2
teknojoe2k2

RE: song title on homepage

Look down the list of topics and ypu'll see one called creating a SHOUTCast webpage. It'll tell you in there
teknojoe2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2002, 02:20   #3
Great White

Thanks

Thanks
Great White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2002, 17:03   #4
li1997

Send a message via AIM to li1997
to simplify this..

If you ONLY want the current playing song use perl -
parse the '7' file (requires SC server newer than 1.8.3)

If you want the current song and the past ?? number of songs played
PHP -
http://www.kription.com/scxml/recent.html

Javascript - (I haven't tested it)
http://www.industrialradio.net/showsong.htm

-kription
li1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2002, 06:25   #5
enuf

Send a message via ICQ to enuf Send a message via AIM to enuf Send a message via Yahoo to enuf
Don't make this so complicated... Go to this site and download that. If you need any help message me or email me. My email should be down there... chat_man64@hotmail.com
enuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2002, 19:04   #6
li1997

Send a message via AIM to li1997
complicated??

You do realize that the old MusicTicker will NOT work in future releases Shoutcast and Nullsoft has cut support for "Extended Log Info", and that the suggestions I made will work with present and future versions of Shoutcast?

I would have to say pointing someone to software that hasn't been updated in 2 years makes things more complicated for people.

-kription
li1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2002, 23:36   #7
Jay
Moderator Alumni

ok, how about this.

Being updated as we speak and doesn't have to use php.
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2002, 00:15   #8
Sawg

I added a new section to SCD: Read before posting (in both SCD and TS_S coppies):

Current Song Display Tools
- PHP based XML Parser
XML parser in PHP - to mimic the old functionality of MusicTicker

- JavaScript Title parser

- Dstjohn's Shoutcast Status
SHOUTcast Status is a xml parsing script that opens a socket connection to a Shoutcast streaming server. Current stats enabled are: Current song, last 5 songs, current listeners & the ability to add all xml stats available in SHOUTcast.

- Radio Tool Box

- Music Ticker (out of date)
MusicTicker is a general-purpose plug in for Nullsoft Winamp, which enables you to output the name of the currently playing song and recently played songs to an HTML file ready for publication on the World Wide Web. This is very useful for SHOUTcast servers.

- ShoutcASP
shoutcASP is a set of ASP scripts (Active Server Pages, Microsoft's dynamic web content system) for IIS Server, a plugin for Winamp, a VBS script, database and a couple of COM Objects. In combination they allow you to automate and administrate your Winamp based SHOUTcast station remotely via a web server running on your broadcasting box. Cost $50

- Pakkasherra
Shoutcast not required. Sends system information to your website via FTP from which you can include to your html documents with SSI.

- Now playing
Writes to text file. Form there this can be uploaded to a FTP and parsed on the server end.

- Winamp Sig
Writes to text file. Form there this can be uploaded to a FTP and parsed on the server end

- SpyAMP
SpyAmp is a simple web server plug in for Winamp that allows people to connect to your computer using a browser and see what you're playing. If you set permissions accordingly, you may also allow downloading of music files.
Old 26th April 2008, 07:33   #9
trinax

Thanks
trinax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2008, 22:27   #10
ayakyo

i can't see the links! fix plz
ayakyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2008, 21:52   #11
Nick@ss

Quote:
Originally posted by Sawg
I added a new section to SCD: Read before posting (in both SCD and TS_S coppies):

Current Song Display Tools
- PHP based XML Parser
XML parser in PHP - to mimic the old functionality of MusicTicker

- JavaScript Title parser

- Dstjohn's Shoutcast Status
SHOUTcast Status is a xml parsing script that opens a socket connection to a Shoutcast streaming server. Current stats enabled are: Current song, last 5 songs, current listeners & the ability to add all xml stats available in SHOUTcast.

- Radio Tool Box

- Music Ticker (out of date)
MusicTicker is a general-purpose plug in for Nullsoft Winamp, which enables you to output the name of the currently playing song and recently played songs to an HTML file ready for publication on the World Wide Web. This is very useful for SHOUTcast servers.

- ShoutcASP
shoutcASP is a set of ASP scripts (Active Server Pages, Microsoft's dynamic web content system) for IIS Server, a plugin for Winamp, a VBS script, database and a couple of COM Objects. In combination they allow you to automate and administrate your Winamp based SHOUTcast station remotely via a web server running on your broadcasting box. Cost $50

- Pakkasherra
Shoutcast not required. Sends system information to your website via FTP from which you can include to your html documents with SSI.

- Now playing
Writes to text file. Form there this can be uploaded to a FTP and parsed on the server end.

- Winamp Sig
Writes to text file. Form there this can be uploaded to a FTP and parsed on the server end

- SpyAMP
SpyAmp is a simple web server plug in for Winamp that allows people to connect to your computer using a browser and see what you're playing. If you set permissions accordingly, you may also allow downloading of music files.
Nick@ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2008, 09:42   #12
Pacino

And my solution to display current playing song on web pages

Home Page: www.blueforge.org

Blueforge iPlaying provides now playing images for shoutcast server and other music players. It's Free.
Pacino is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions