Old 24th March 2010, 11:27   #1
hiphip

Winamp v5.24 / in_vorbis.dll

I am using Winamp v5.24 lite. I use this one because it was the last Winamp which works with an IRC script that I am using. I want OGG playback and have downloaded the in_vorbins.dll file. I place the file in the Winamp/Plugin directory and nothing happens. With out_disk.dll, placing it there allowed it to load on the next boot up of Winamp. How can I get the in_vorbis.dll to load up?

Updating Winamp is not an option.
I also will not install a version with a larger digital foot print. I like my music player to play music and nothing more.

If anyone can help please let me know.
hiphip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2010, 11:45   #2
DrO

not knowing where you've gotten the in_vorbis.dll from makes things tricky (especially when support is generally only provided for the currently released client version).

most likely you don't have the required dll dependencies which the plug-in requires for it to be able to load (though i'd have expected to have a messagebox appear on loading saying it couldn't be loaded).

the only thing i can think off would be (if you're really going to stick with this old version) is find a 5.24 'full' installer and then extract the in_vorbis.dll from the installer or uncheck everything to get back to the lite version with vorbis support.

and the most likely cause of the IRC script not working was due to all of the unicode improvements to the player & i'd guess the script pulls the title from the taskbar text and i'd be surprised if the script couldn't be fixed to work correctly but i doubt that's a route going to be taken in this scenario.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2010, 20:11   #3
hiphip

hi daz,
i pulled the dll from a forum post here which listed all of the dlls that come with the current player. (http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=155680) the dll is about half way down the post. i just noticed that the post is from june 2000, so perhaps that is my problem.

the irc script i'm using i wrote myself and its based around an old dll file. i only use it for 1 alias to get the currently playing mp3 string and send it to chat. everything else i do with winamp is handled based on the its file associations. for example, playing an *.mp3 loads winamp automatically in windows and that string i just loaded can be easily echo'ed back to irc.

i'll try to hunt down a full install of 5.24 and grab the vorbis dll file. also i think i might just update tonight and toy around with my irc script. i've recently moved to the new mirc and i have recoded all of my scripts. so perhaps its time to update to $com objects!

if anyone happens to know where i can just grab the dll, please let me know. otherwise it will be a fun night of debugging!

cheers!
hiphip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2010, 10:02   #4
DrO

last version at the bottom of http://www.oldversion.com/Winamp.html is 5.24

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support