Old 22nd January 2004, 11:04   #1
simonwilliams

Search Playlists in Media Library. How?

Just upgraded to Winamp 5 & like it loads.
However my BIG problem is that I can't search my playlists?

I have two folders (all organised & structured within) on my PC, music & karaoke. I load the music files into Local Media & I can search by title, artiste etc. Great.

For my karaoke I add new playlist, call it karaoke, & then add media to the library. It all loads in & displays fine under this karaoke playlist section.
But I can't search it, only scroll through it & we're talking around 5,000 tracks, that start with codes so alphabetically searching is no good.

The karaoke & music tracks must be kept seperate so loading all into Local Media is not an option.

I know I can load the karaoke tracks into the playlist editor & use the J button to search but all the plugins I've found don't actually have a working enque action.

Tried several from Dr O who seems a great dedicated guy but for me none of them work properly, I've tried Wincue also but nope.

Is there a way I can get my karaoke playlist into the Local Media section but keeping it seperate so that the search facility is there?

Thanks for any help or advice & I apologise if this topic has been covered elsewhere, I've had a good look around these boards & found similar but not 100%
simonwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2004, 16:03   #2
nnic

I think this is what you want.

Go into media library and right click on local media. Click on the "Add new view..." that comes up, which takes you to a new menu.

Under the name, type "Karaoke". Then either select "simple view" or the "artist/album view", depending on what you want it set out like.

Next click the little "+" button in the big box, and some options come up. In the first box, pull it down and select "filename". The second box, you want to select "begins with" and in the thid box type the location of all your karaoke files. e.g. C:\My Documents\My Music\Karaoke".

Then press ok, and you should be left with another heading under local meadia called karaoke. This will display all your karaoke files so that you can search through them through the media library.

However, I'm sure that DrO's Jump to File Extra Plugin should work.

Nic
nnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2004, 16:09   #3
simonwilliams

That is superb, thank you so much you've solved my problem. Cheers!!!
Old 22nd January 2004, 16:33   #4
simonwilliams

No hang on.

Following your advice worked & got my karaoke tracks listed in the right section with a search box.
However when I look under my general music the karaoke tracks (which are mp3) are also coming up?

In the + box you mentioned I pointed to D:/My Music 02/ & it isn't adding the files. I am having to add the files via File - Add Media To Library.

Any idea how to keep this folders seperate with searches?

Thanks
Old 22nd January 2004, 17:32   #5
nnic

I think you have to add all the files manually, but there is an option for winamp to check various folders for new music. If you go into Preferences -> Media Library, then click on the Media Importing tab, you can add folders for winamp to check, and you can have it so it checks the folders when it starts up and/or scan folders every x number of minutes. However, it does slow winamp down, so I would recommend doing in manually

Also, if you want to music seperatly, then create another view, like i showed you before, but this time call it something different, and point it to your music folder. All this basically does is look through the files already loaded into the media library and looks for the ones that are located in the folder you asked it to be. It doesn't actually check in the folder to see if there is any new mp3s added.

If you want you could delete the audio veiw, then you will have to two seperate views, or you could just keep it to show both of them together.

Nic
nnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion