Old 1st July 2015, 22:24   #1
HarryKrishna

Media Library Displaying Art Files

Hello everyone. My first post and have joined up because a problem is driving me nuts regarding the media library.

For some reason after updating to the latest available version, the media library has now gotten bloated beyond belief because it's now listing ALL the art files - album artwork, booklets etc - as files along with the music and video. For instance, if I type in "Yardbirds", I'm now presented with a list two times longer than before because it now lists every image file... please see attachment to see what I mean. To make matters worse, all these files are listed at 5 seconds and that's messing up the total time figures.

I have spent an eternity over the last 11 years getting my music library into a form where I can use it for certain purposes and Winamp is the only media player that enables me to work quickly and comprehensively.

I have tried Googling to see if anyone else has had this problem but I can't find anything. It would be lovely to get it back to how it was - just listing mp3, flac and video files. The art files is now making the library a cumbersome headache!

My thanks in advance to anyone who can fathom this issue out before it drives me totally nuts!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	capture_01072015_231831.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	133.9 KB
ID:	51856  
HarryKrishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2015, 01:34   #2
ryerman
Major Dude

It will be very surprising if those files are image files.

Customize the columns to display "File Path" and see what and where they are.

Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Winamp 5.666, Bento Skin
ryerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2015, 09:29   #3
HarryKrishna

Hello ryerman. Thank you for your reply.

OK. Here's a screencap of the file path of the very same files. All jpegs... they never would get listed before (and rightly so) but now they do...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	capture_02072015_102351.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	188.7 KB
ID:	51857  
Old 2nd July 2015, 12:19   #4
DrO

the library will only look for jpeg files if one of the input plug-ins has instructed it to do so i.e. either from a hard-coded default (that the official plug-ins do not do) or from manually editing the file extensions supported by a plug-in or via a 3rd party plug-in.

you will need to provide an info tool report -> http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....161361#plugins
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2015, 12:31   #5
ryerman
Major Dude

Wow, I would have said that was impossible.
I wonder if there is a plug-in that allows image files to be loaded to the Library?
Maybe somebody more knowledgeable can explain. I can't. (EDIT: there you go^ DrO has the explanation, as usual)

To merely fix the situation, I would try one or all of these:
  1. "Remove missing files from Library"
  2. Create a Smartview to show all image files (eg "filename ends with jpg") and "Remove from library"
  3. Rescan Watch Folders
  4. "Clear Library..." and then "Add media to Library..."

Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Winamp 5.666, Bento Skin
ryerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2015, 12:31   #6
HarryKrishna

OK - Info tool report attached.

I'm running on the administrator account on Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. Winamp V5.666.

Any other info you require, please let me know.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Winamp_Info_Report_07-02-2015.zip (7.5 KB, 88 views)
Old 2nd July 2015, 12:32   #7
HarryKrishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryerman View Post
Wow, I would have said that was impossible.
I wonder if there is a plug-in that allows image files to be loaded to the Library?
Maybe somebody more knowledgeable can explain. I can't.

1. "Remove missing files from Library"
  2. Create a Smartview to show all image files (eg "filename ends with jpg") and "Remove from library"
  3. Rescan Watch Folders
  4. "Clear Library..." and then "Add media to Library..."

Thank you. Will give this a go now and let you know what happens! Fingers crossed!
Old 2nd July 2015, 12:41   #8
DrO

there is something very wrong with your setup as in_mp3.dll has _no_ version information and that is not correct with an official or patched version.

so ensure that it is the patched version from -> http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....74929#download that you have installed (i.e. re-run the patched installer and provide a new info tool report once done).

as for the jpeg issue, in_imageamp.dll is going to be the cause of the jepg issue. that is not a natively shipped plug-in so you must have installed it and what you're seeing is a known side-effect of how that plug-in works. if not being used or the library issue is more of a problem, then remove it from the Winamp\Plugins folder.
Old 2nd July 2015, 12:47   #9
HarryKrishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryerman View Post
OK... Have given your suggestions a go. I think we now have a workaround solution thanks to you suggesting the image smartview. That listed over 1,300 files. Selected all, removed from library and voila... back to normal. However... each time I rescan, they're back.

So, I can live and work with this solution since I just have to remember to go to the image smartview and remove those files from the library each time I do a rescan.

Many gracious thanks for this! It will be interesting to determine which plug in or dll is causing the images to show up in the library!
Old 2nd July 2015, 12:48   #10
HarryKrishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
there is something very wrong with your setup as in_mp3.dll has _no_ version information and that is not correct with an official or patched version.

so ensure that it is the patched version from -> http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....74929#download that you have installed (i.e. re-run the patched installer and provide a new info tool report once done).

as for the jpeg issue, in_imageamp.dll is going to be the cause of the jepg issue. that is not a natively shipped plug-in so you must have installed it and what you're seeing is a known side-effect of how that plug-in works. if not being used or the library issue is more of a problem, then remove it from the Winamp\Plugins folder.
Thank you DrO - will do that now.
Old 2nd July 2015, 13:13   #11
HarryKrishna

OK. Looks like we have success!

I deleted the imageamp dll file. Downloaded and installed the patched version from DrO's site (which I've now bookmarked - should come very handy in future!) cleared the entire media library, rescanned and now problem solved - no image files showing at all in the media library listings.

I think the imageamp dll file was the culprit since I did install an old version of that a few days ago that I found on an old hard drive forgetting what it was or did. The rogue in_mp3.dll file was added last night whilst trying to find a solution to the problem... I saw some reference to it in another forum thread so downloaded it from dlldump which explains that issue.

New info file enclosed.

Many thanks to DrO and ryerman for your help. Hugely appreciated. The media library and it's flexibility is the reason why I love Winamp since other media players don't work the way I like when it comes to archiving and sorting.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Winamp_Info_Report_07-02-2015.zip (7.5 KB, 87 views)
Old 2nd July 2015, 13:19   #12
DrO

that report looks ok now. with any official plug-in dlls, replacing them should only be done so when told to do so as most of the ones on external sites are things from years ago which introduce more issues and / or just aren't intended to be used with anything other than for a specific fix for the Winamp version that was having issues at the time.
Old 2nd July 2015, 13:39   #13
HarryKrishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
that report looks ok now.
Excellent. Thanks again for your help and support.
Old 2nd July 2015, 15:38   #14
Aminifu
Forum King

Again I'm impressed by DrO's memory.

So many special purpose plug-ins were developed during the heyday of Winamp plug-in development most of us never even knew about them, much less remember them.

This one, "ImageAmp" (http://jasonmray.com/code/imageAmp.html), could be used to quickly check the external artwork (folder images) associated with a music collection. If the only undesirable side effect is the listing of these image files in the media library, then that can be easily managed.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Quinto Black CT v3.1 skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1909 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support