Old 17th May 2003, 16:40   #1
sgtfuzzbubble011

Figures...

So I wake up this morning planning to replace the front brakes on my truck... I've got all the parts and all the tools to do the job, so it's no big deal. I get everything outside and set everything up. I jack the front of the truck off the ground and take the wheels off... As soon as I get done doing that, a rain cloud comes out of nowhere and starts raining on me. What up wit dat? It was supposed to be sunny today.

So I have to go inside to get a tarp to cover up all the tools and parts so that everything'll stay dry. Grr.
sgtfuzzbubble011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2003, 17:04   #2
ujay
Forum King

Life eh ... don't ya just love it

UJ
ujay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2003, 17:06   #3
sgtfuzzbubble011

Life? It's a big joke, but hey, I'm just along for the ride. I think it's cleared up a bit, so I'm heading back outside to see if I can get this done today.
Old 17th May 2003, 17:12   #4
pixiefied
Mother Trucker

Send a message via Yahoo to pixiefied
hey... i've been wanting to replace my distributer for a few days now in my honda. last night you reminded me to do that and i woke up this morning,got dressed and walked outside.... and it fucking SNOWED!

"Well, got to love you and leave you, need to go get into the shower and rub my hard naked body all over with soapy bubbles, I'll be back later to carry on playing....

It'll take you some time to get over the image of me naked in the shower......mind you don't masturbate to hard thinking about it...."
- Mr.Jones
pixiefied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2003, 17:26   #5
Joel
Debian user
(Forum King)

Try to fixed a tired when the car start to move

* PC: Intel Core 2 DUO E6550 @ 2.33 GHz with 2 GB RAM: Archlinux-i686 with MATE.
* Laptop: Intel Core 2 DUO T6600 @ 2.20 GHz with 4 GB RAM: Archlinux-x86-64 with MATE.
Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2003, 18:01   #6
sgtfuzzbubble011

Well, I thought I had all the tools here, but I guess I don't. The damn slide pins need a 7/16 hex key to get them out, and the closest thing I have here right now is a 10mm (just slightly too big). The 7/16 hex key is at my dad's shop right now. Well, I guess I'll do this next weekend... damnit.

*goes to take shower*
Old 17th May 2003, 20:39   #7
Shenlong
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Shenlong Send a message via Yahoo to Shenlong
What were you saying about life again?

I've had my fair share of problems with my Go-Kart last weekend...The chain slipped (Got loosened up, normal thing for breaking in a go-kart), so I had to take the clutch guard off and pull back the engine to tighten those up. Then I realised there was a small bobby pin stuck in one of the rear tires...I took it out, and what do you know, I had a small leak to deal with! My problem wasn't getting it fixed, but how a small-ass bobby pin could take down such a fat-ass 15-inch tire like that! On top of that, when I changed the oil, I had someone help me put in fresh oil, since it needed some. Only problem was that they put too much in, so when I went off to ride it, the engine smoked badly and oil was coming out of the exhaust, and dripping everywhere! I had them drain the oil for me, since I wasn't gonna deal with it, since I was on maintenence all day long.

Oil's fresh and at the right level (Not over-filled past recommended level), chains tight again, but I'm still gonna have to take the tire up to get the hole filled. I hope I don't have problems when I install the lights next...

And if anyone's wondering, my go-karts a Yerf Dog 3203. When I went to buy a new go-kart, I saw this, and when I saw the independent-wheel suspension, adjustable chamber angle and shock setting, and the fat-ass tires (For off-road and on-road, but I reckon they're from a riding lawnmower), I was sold (At a price of $900 at Sam's of all places). I think that 35mph spec is a lie...I swear it's doing 50 with the governor raised with a fully broken-in engine...

A very close Japanese friend I knew a while ago once said to me "Watashi no koto wo oboeta, onegai shimasu...Yakusoku?"

I forgot his name though...
Shenlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2003, 22:21   #8
Merlin
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
(Forum King)

That's not a go-kart! A go-kart is what you had in MarioKart.

as he faced the sun, he cast no shadow
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2003, 22:28   #9
ujay
Forum King

The only times I've driven a Go Kart (twice) it seemed like 500 mph,
I think it's because you're so close to the ground

UJ
ujay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2003, 00:40   #10
Smeggle
Just Strolling By
(Major Dude)

yeah right ..Life! so last night I go to a mates birthday party and for once I'm thinking I can just go to the birthday party...HaH! I end up setting up the system (as the one that was supposed to be there was cancelled!). Then some idiot [] went and put the CD decks through the phono stage on the mixer and nearly fried the system. then this so called 'D.J.' who was to play Jungle Techno [yeah right ] nearly blow the mixer, amps etc. then he got upset when I kicked off, well he couldn't even mix and soince when has Jungle-techno ever sounded like Dub-reggae? again [ ] Like I had been playing a nice trance set with 'White Label Euphoria and Slinky's 'Inter-Continental', which was around say 140-145 beats per min...he jumps in and drops it LITERALLY! to 75-80 beats a min, no fucking transition or anything...so I fucked him off and did a nice chillout set ...

So yeah life can be brill sometimes I agree.......and talking of vehicles I have one at the moment where I'm gonna have to change out the water pump and fit a new timing belt...got every thing un-bolted so I have access to the parts I need..well almost everything...Except.............OnE Pig of a twatting flywheel pulley bolt that doesn't want to F***ing &%$##@*[:expletives continue:] so I think yes I do know how this one goes....

p.s.
Thanks for bloody reminding me

Music is Life, Love and Happiness :|: Life is Music. Serren - 1985 - 2005
Religion? Religion is a Blasphemy against humanity - From the film What the Bleep do we know

siggy link So stumbling? whats it all about
Smeggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2003, 02:37   #11
Shenlong
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Merlin
That's not a go-kart! A go-kart is what you had in MarioKart.
I've never owned an N64 or GC...

A very close Japanese friend I knew a while ago once said to me "Watashi no koto wo oboeta, onegai shimasu...Yakusoku?"

Old 18th May 2003, 02:48   #12
Viper007Bond
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Viper007Bond Send a message via AIM to Viper007Bond Send a message via Yahoo to Viper007Bond
I love rain myself, I actually like warm rain more than sunshine. Although that's kind of expected for a guy from Portland.

That sucks about the rain and the brakes though. Tomorrow's another day...

- Viper007Bond | Viper007Bond.com
Viper007Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2003, 04:08   #13
sgtfuzzbubble011

Well, I like the rain too, but why couldn't it rain yesterday when I was at work or something? It'd be awesome if I had a shop, or even a big garage to work in, but I don't... so I'm forced to do all my work out in the grass (which sucks major assage). But oh well.

You're from Portland, Oregon? That's cool. A lot of my dad's side of the family lives there.
Old 18th May 2003, 04:24   #14
Viper007Bond
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Viper007Bond Send a message via AIM to Viper007Bond Send a message via Yahoo to Viper007Bond
Quote:
Originally posted by sgtfuzzbubble99
You're from Portland, Oregon? That's cool. A lot of my dad's side of the family lives there.
Yeah. I'm in Corvallis now at OSU though. Great part of the country, I love it so much. Too bad Polaris and the "Big Five", the places where I would want to work, are all in the midwest.

Well, we do have Freightliner where my dad works, hopefulyl I'll be lucky enough to be an engineer there.

Anyway...

- Viper007Bond | Viper007Bond.com
Viper007Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2003, 04:31   #15
sgtfuzzbubble011

Spiffy. I'd like to be a design-engineer for GM one day. And as soon as I finish working up designs for my transmission, I'm gonna get it patented, and, and, and...
Old 18th May 2003, 06:09   #16
lemon_chicken
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to lemon_chicken
today i whipped out my hacky-sack and the sun busted itself hard out from behind some clouds - i figure god loves hackey-sack too

|arbitary focus| it's never as flaccid as it is when plucked | 01110011 01100101 01111000 |
lemon_chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2003, 17:08   #17
Shenlong
Forum King

I remember once during high school, my friend's went out to play tennis during free time in P.E., and minutes after they started playing, it just poured hard, soaking them wet...

I guess god hates tennis, though... Although it's funner when some fine-looking women play...

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions