Old 10th April 2005, 11:14   #161
javajunky

The deal is I never wrote the code to do that, I've changed jobs and been very bus recently so I've not been able to make many changes to wombatshare

The intention was/is to modify the database so the sharer can state which files he/she wants to be available for download by any sharees [all files defaulting to no] . Then the sharees would be able to download these files

- Ciara
javajunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2005, 20:20   #162
doublekai

Send a message via ICQ to doublekai
hey everyone!
i'm a newb, so please treat me as such =)
i really wanna try this plugin out, i downloaded the winamp-plugin but it doesn't appear anywhere. not when i "search" for it, and no-where in the plugin list. i use win xp, and run version 5.08e of winamp... OH WHAT SHALL I DO
doublekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2005, 20:22   #163
d3x7r0

Send a message via Skype™ to d3x7r0
Quote:
Originally posted by doublekai
hey everyone!
i'm a newb, so please treat me as such =)
i really wanna try this plugin out, i downloaded the winamp-plugin but it doesn't appear anywhere. not when i "search" for it, and no-where in the plugin list. i use win xp, and run version 5.08e of winamp... OH WHAT SHALL I DO
Make sure you downloaded the WINAMP version and installed it into the Winamp main dir.

Latest Version (v0.67) (Using v0.943 of the protocol)

NOTE: I am Dextro!
d3x7r0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2005, 20:55   #164
javajunky

It should appear within the media library, this does mean that you *must* have the media-library installed in your winamp in order to use it ?
Old 6th May 2005, 20:57   #165
d3x7r0

Send a message via Skype™ to d3x7r0
Quote:
Originally posted by javajunky
It should appear within the media library, this does mean that you *must* have the media-library installed in your winamp in order to use it ?
ei javajunky any development on wombat share? I use it regularly now, it's really great

NOTE: I am Dextro!
d3x7r0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2005, 21:01   #166
javajunky

I@m afraid my personal development on it has stalled recently [after moving jobs to such a small company we can't really use it ] but I still maintain it, I don't think cvs is ahead of the most recent release though. There is loads I'd like to do...but then I never have any time at the minute .. I currently have a bit of code to interface with the ml_ipod plugin which would be able to share files that were stored on the ipod as well, which would be nice... if only yhere was time
Old 10th May 2005, 15:58   #167
doublekai

Send a message via ICQ to doublekai
it's working, thanks
doublekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2005, 03:05   #168
Gabes Dad

Just a little plug for javajunky. He recently helped me figure out how to securely share music libaries between home and office over the internet - many thanks.

Maybe their is someone out there that would be willing to help out javajunky?
Gabes Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2005, 20:18   #169
willywilly

Great plugin!
Sadly the Standalone-Server does not work. :/ I hope you will continue to develop this tool since it is the only good one available for Winamp.
willywilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2005, 15:49   #170
javajunky

Err, I promise you the standalone server does work What do you mean by not working exactly ?
Old 20th September 2005, 07:04   #171
otiasj

Wow great pluggin
so far I was using shoutcast + remoterc to control it ...
But wombat is so much better!

I have one question: is it possible to change the view of the list to make it look like the default media library?
I would like to have "artist/album" view instead of the "simple media view"

Thank you again for this great pluggin!
otiasj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2005, 07:07   #172
javajunky

Hiyah, I'm afraid not, I never got around to updating it to support that, but the code is available if you feel up to the challenge, its probably quite easy to do, if I find some time I'll do it Glad you like the plugin !
Old 20th September 2005, 10:44   #173
otiasj

Hum, tempting
I will see tonight what I can do to help on this
Old 20th September 2005, 11:03   #174
javajunky

Wicked, I'll look forward to it
Old 21st September 2005, 04:07   #175
otiasj

Hum,
Ok got the wombat code and libraries, got the compilation tools, got the help file,

I had a few problem at first because I am using .net studio (the settings are not at the same place)but I managed to compile the 'solution'.
Only I have a problem at link undefined ref to p::....
I think it is coming from ptype
I had to remove/add ptype because I am using version 2.0.2
but I get an error when I add PTypes_Lib.dsp as a project file. Is it the bug you where talking about?
(tried to use ultraedit to convert it to dos file but did not resolve the problem)
Finally I added it using "file->add existing file" but I am pretty sure this is the problem...

Also I have another question anybody know if build 'solution' and Build->Build ml_Wbtshare.dll does the same thing?(could not find this one)
I almost never used .net studio, so I am not confortable...

Sorry to take your time
I will try again after work
See ya
Old 21st September 2005, 07:07   #176
javajunky

Hmm, I'm afraid I've not yet testing compiling WombatShare with .Net studio, I use it at work, so I'll see if I can find some time to give it a bash, <g>
Old 22nd September 2005, 02:08   #177
otiasj

Ok finally managed to compile the library
build solution is equivalent to build library

I had to make a little trick by renaming my directory from ptype2.0.2 to pttype2.0.1 to avoid removing and adding the project.

Otherwise added the options /FORCE:MULTIPLE to the linker's option to avoid link error (multiple define)

I have registered to the source forge forum and will be reporting there from now own

I just have to understand the code now
Old 16th October 2005, 19:16   #178
Elfifou

Hello,

juste a few word to say how great is your plugin!!!!
This was exactly what I was looking for!

Thanks!
Elfifou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2005, 09:00   #179
javajunky

I'm glad it works for you
Old 23rd November 2005, 22:23   #180
retchless

*bump* Any new developments?

I stumbled upon this plugin yesterday, and was AMAZED at what it accomplishes. I have been thinking about starting winamp plugin dev for a while now, and a "share all media libraries in my house" plugin was going to be my first stab. (I probably would have been a miserable failure, so thanks for this!)

If you're still developing this plugin:

A couple of things - I have enqueue set as my default on double click. That said, are your Enqueue and Play buttons and right-click menu items backwards when that's on?

Also, is it possible to change ports on this baby? I've found this plugin to be useful for sharing between home and work as well, but there are 4 people in my house that also want to share outside of our router. With one IP, and one port, we're stuck. Thoughts?

Last thing - Would it be possible to have a toggle between an artist/album view and the simple media library view? I would love to have the same sort of interface that winamp provides in the local media library, where I can refine my song selections by clicking on an artist/album at the top. This one's not critical, but I figured I'd ask.
retchless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2005, 08:29   #181
javajunky

Hi, recently there's been a new developer working on the code, so yes it is still being developed, yay The development copy I have on my machine here, has the album view that you want (and lists track number/genre/ etc)

The port that's probably causing your problems is the TCP port 9005 I guess? ... well code wise there's no reason for it run on that, in fact it will attempt to bind on that port and automatically cycle upwards if its able to. That means as a nominal hack/workaround you could bind something to port 9005 on your machine, then startup winamp, which would cause it to run wombatshare on port 9006... but hmmm, I'd need to go back to the code, its been a while since I've looked at it, not sure how you would specify the different machines with manual-ips, can't remember if I've allowed specification of port as well !...which of course I would need to..

WRT enqueue button, not sure what effect it has, I was unaware you could modify the default behaviour.

For extra feature requests, the wiki holds a to-do list..that I *should* read more often

http://www.wombatinvasion.com/pmwiki...Share/ToDoList
Old 24th November 2005, 14:55   #182
retchless

Well, the 9005 TCP port isn't really causing problems. The issue is that there are 4 computers behind our router that we want to share with the outside world (for listening at work and such). I've successfully port forwarded TCP 9005 in my router to my PC's internal IP, but my housemates are out of luck. What I would like to do is port forward 9005 to my machine, 9006 to housemate #1's machine, 9007 to housemate #2...and so on. Then to add all 4 machines to my media library at work, I would manually specify my dyndns:9005, :9006, :9007... in the manual servers box. I don't know how that would affect the UDP multicast, other than maybe shipping around a port value with it. I don't know enough about the protocol to sound informed so bear with me

As for the enqueue/play buttons, right now, when I click play it enqueues and when i click enqueue it plays (overwriting my playlist). So maybe it's my "enqueue selected item" selection in the media library options. I think there was a similar issue with the MusicMagic plugin for the 5.1 release, but that has since been fixed.
Old 24th November 2005, 15:21   #183
javajunky

The UDP multicast won't work anyway, when using manual IPs. The question is a) does setting an iport, work when setting manual ips, and b) how to get your wombatshares to sit on different ports. Code wise its easy to make it sit on different ports, thats configurable, its just not exposed to the interface. You could startup two instances of WombatShare, then kill one, to leave one running on 9006, but I think it would definately not be unreasonable to provide an interface in the plugin for configuring this
Old 24th November 2005, 16:27   #184
retchless

Well, that would be really cool. Thanks for lending an ear, kudos on an awesome plugin!
Old 25th November 2005, 09:19   #185
javajunky

I'll try to implement this over the next couple of weeks, I'm waiting on the album-view stuff to be merged into CVS, so we'll see
Old 13th March 2006, 11:47   #186
nature spirit
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to nature spirit
question. I have winamp 5.2 and the wombatshare plugin very well installed and it shows in the media library.
I try to drag a playlist to it, and it doesn't work. It shows the forbidden mark once you hover with the playlist over the wombat icon and so I can't create any shared playlist.
Thanks for all the efforts JJ. any idea on this prob though?
nature spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2006, 12:05   #187
javajunky

Bummer, it looks as though in 5.2 Winamp has changed the way it handles the tree-control on the left, for some reason this doesn't work with the WombatShare plugin anymore

There's a new release of the plugin out soon some contributions have led to inclusion of track length, track number, genre etc, and the extended Album/Artist view you're accustomed to within the normal media-library panes, I'll try to fix this in that release [I've moved houses, offices etc recently so quite busy, sorry!]
Old 13th March 2006, 12:18   #188
nature spirit
Major Dude

My bad. Sorry for that JJ.
Anyway I bet everyone will be impatiently waiting for your next release. However, since most of the users will eventually download winamp 5.2 you better either release a quick fix for the plugin to solve this problem or at least publish this specific issue on the website.

Goodluck on the move!

PS: do you need a logo? ;o) I could help with graphix.

Last edited by nature spirit; 13th March 2006 at 13:35.
Old 13th March 2006, 13:46   #189
javajunky

Always on the look out for a logo, I can't draw
Old 14th March 2006, 12:28   #190
nature spirit
Major Dude

ok. how to send you the stuff?
there is no place on the wombatinvasion site that states a way to contact you by the way. What if users want to send you their comments and suggestions?
Old 21st March 2006, 02:48   #191
thaimonkey

Send a message via AIM to thaimonkey Send a message via Yahoo to thaimonkey
Thank you so much for this plugin. I could not be more excited about it's uses. I have a laptop and a desktop and am at college right now. Each one of the dorms is on a different router. Before I knew about your plugin, I tried to share my media on the desktop when I was studying in other buildings by using the iTunes sharing feature. This only worked within the same building, plus, I don't like using iTunes. Your plugin works flawlessly for me anywhere on campus.

After using it for about 3-4 months, I do have some feature requests. Take your time though, and get your home situation handled, but I would like to know the feasibility of the ideas.

First, is there any way that you could include iTunes protocol so that shared libraries are viewable? (Without losing the ability to go cross-building on the already existing system you have in place.) This would really cap off the great functionality. I know the guy that made MyTunes determined the methods iTunes uses to share music, so it should be doable.
Second, there are times when my wireless connection drops and so it disconnects. Occasionally I just rip a CD onto the laptop or pull it off my shared drive if I'm having problems. I was wondering if you could add the ability to download songs to a directory according to ID3 tag with customizable fields (i.e. hdd:\<artist>\<album>\song.mp3 or hdd:\Transfered Files\song.mp3).
Third, is there any way that the plugin could support basic video file formats? Streaming my music videos would be great too because they especially take up space that my laptop cannot afford.

All-in-all this is the best and most indespenible & reliable plugin I have used for Winamp. Thank you so much for the time you have put into it.
thaimonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2006, 07:13   #192
nature spirit
Major Dude

JJ forget my previous post. I found your email and I already sent you the stuff. Just show up and tell me what you think. Just show up.
Old 10th April 2006, 17:10   #193
Gabes Dad

javajunky,

Hope the new version is coming soon. Does this mean there will also be a new version released for foobar 0.9 / Stand alone server?

Thanks.
Gabes Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2006, 18:25   #194
retchless

It seems Winamp 5.22 has fixed the playlist drag n drop issue. Good times
Old 12th September 2006, 03:19   #195
omaudio

Send a message via ICQ to omaudio
Playlist not showing names properly

Hi,

What a great plug in- thanks!

When I access the shared files on another computer and drag them to the playlist the song names do not get displayed. Any tips?

Thanks,

Om

Winamp 5.24 Pro (on both machines)
omaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2006, 17:13   #196
GinieDP

javajunky, you`re my hero, my god.. or whatever you want to be called.
its exactly what i was looking for. woohooo.
happyhappyhappyhappy ^^
GinieDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2007, 18:45   #197
kaatinthehaat
Major Dude

Hello.

I just installed Wombat Share, latest Version (v0.67) (Using v0.943 of the protocol) into Winamp 5.32 but I can't see the Wombat Share in the ML tree at all.

Does it work in 5.32??

Thanks.

80GB 5.5 generation Video iPod

4GB and 8GB gen 2 Nano's with ****+

Winamp 5.52 Pro ; ml_iPod 3.05
kaatinthehaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2007, 18:29   #198
kaatinthehaat
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by kaatinthehaat

Does it work in 5.32??

Thanks.
Apparently it does... I closed Winamp and re started it and Voila!!

80GB 5.5 generation Video iPod

4GB and 8GB gen 2 Nano's with ****+

Winamp 5.52 Pro ; ml_iPod 3.05
kaatinthehaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2007, 18:22   #199
Skinjob

I posted this in the Tech Support forum several days ago and got no response. Thought I might have better luck in this thread.

-------------
Any WombatShare users out there with FLAC files?

I've been looking for a plug-in to share my library (about 22,000 FLAC files) and playlists across my home LAN and WombatShare seems like the perfect solution.

I am able to share the library and playlists, and remote computers can browse and enqueue tracks, but cannot actually play them. The track appears to load when clicking play, but immediately returns to a stopped state.

I tried it with some MP3s and it seems to work perfectly. Is it simply not possible with FLAC or am I missing something?
-------------

Also, has anyone heard from JavaJunky in the last year? Has anyone seen the build that supposedly has the Album/Artist view working? May not matter anyway if I can't get it to work with FLAC, but it's a shame to see such a killer plug-in go undeveloped and die off.
Skinjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Developer Center > Winamp Development