Old 14th May 2005, 10:46   #1
pranesh313

Winamp 5.09

Have some serious issues with the new version of Winamp.

Version 5.09

1. Startup is very very sluggish. Takes around 5 minutes or so to really show the GUI on screen. The tray icon comes up but then have to wait for around 5 minutes to start working with it. Whats the problem here? any idea?

2. Have observed that my winamp crashes a lot. This thing referenced some memory address and so access was denied and winamp closes. Very very specific to this version I should say. any idea why this again?

Would be great if someone could throw some light and help me out with these issues.

Thanks
Pranesh
pranesh313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2005, 11:09   #2
siebe83
Forum King

The slow startup could be related to the new Online Media feature in the Media Library. Winamp will check for any new Online Media channels on startup. Are you using a firewall? Is anything blocking internet access?
Note: in 5.091 (to be released soon) there will be an option to disable this check.

Another possibility is that the slow startup is caused by the Sonic engine. You could try a clean install without Sonic Ripping/Burning support (screenshot).

As for the second issue, that may be resolved by a clean install, especially if you have any 3rd-party plugins installed.

If that doesn't help...
Are you using the modern or the classic skin? Any difference?

Please provide system specs, including a HijackThis log.

Regardless of your specific issues, you may want to wait for 5.091. That version fixes some known issues with 5.09.

Good Winamp plugins by Joonas, DrO and shaneh.
If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
siebe83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support