Old 16th July 2012, 16:05   #1
DSkribe

5.623 Bug

Morning,

Ive noticed a reoccurring bug when I lock my computer. Winamp is fine before I lock my computer but when I unlock it the classic skin appears in the top left of my screen while the modern skin is in the lower left. See attached. I can reproduce this error 100% of the time.

Just an FYI.

Thanks!

PS: Im running Win 7 x64 with SP1. Version of Winamp is 5.623
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	winamp bug.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	133.7 KB
ID:	49799  
DSkribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2012, 17:02   #2
ujay
Forum King

Hi DSkribe,

I take it the classic skin is non funcional .... yes ?
I've seen this, but very rarely

I seem to remember some wierdness with Winamp windows, something about the main window always gets rendered, but normally off screen if not required. looks like it's lost it's location during the lock down and gets defaulted to top left.

Sounds like one for Egg or DrO.

UJ
ujay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2012, 17:13   #3
DrO

the classic main window is meant to be located at -30000,-30000 and some programs force the window to be re-shown when it shouldn't be.

other than adding in some extra checks to force it to be off-screen (*) if someone tries to move it, there's not much else to do about it since the main window needs to be valid and match with the visible state of the modern skin window (even if it is located off-screen) to allow 3rd party plug-ins to work ok when used under a modern skin.

(*) as disabling the drawing would just lead to a seemingly 'dead' area on the screen which would be more of an issue.

also 5.63 is the current version at the time of this post though this is something which has plagued Winamp since 5.0.

[edit]
in fact it's already doing it's best to stay off screen so either there is a gap in the handling or whatever is going on is enforced at a different level to what Winamp can control itself.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2012, 18:01   #4
DSkribe

yeah, the classic window does not function and goes away as soon as I click on the modern.

Ive been using winamp for ages and agree I had never seen this pre 5.0. Wasn't sure if you all were aware but now i see you are.

Keep up the great work guys. Have a good one.
DSkribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2012, 06:42   #5
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi DrO,

Is this why the "Windows + tab" feature can not show a modern skin GUI image? What I see now is a small artwork image of the selected track.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2012, 09:47   #6
DrO

i don't think there is any relation between what DSkribe is seeing and what you are.

it should be showing a (small) preview of the main window unless you've got something like win7shell installed and then it'll show what was set to appear in the taskbar preview instead of the Winamp window itself. though when the preferences window is open or depending on the skin, what is shown can be either be really small or like the size of the main classic window with a spinning wait image.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2012, 14:23   #7
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi DrO,

Thanx for the info on the "Windows + tab" stuff. I am using win7shell. I started using it before WA was updated to support the Win 7 taskbar and decided to stay with it. That and your "Taskbar Text Mod" plug-in gives me control over what is shown in the taskbar preview. I highly recommend them both.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports