Old 19th April 2013, 19:45   #1
nnuker

Server or source down once in 24h

Hello everybody. I recently moved my radio to VPS from a hoster who used Centova V2.
My OS is CentOS x64 ver. 6.4. I installed Centova V3 and shoutcast v2 with it. Authhash is ok.
Now once in 24h i got one of issues below:
1) shoutcast server restart - i guess i fixed it, i hope it was about sc_trans2 duplicate processes.
2) server is up, it is even change song to song, but at status page i got "yp2 connection problem" for no visible reason (and authhash is ok) and i cannot connect to stream. Restarting server helps. I googled a lot and watched logs and i thought it is about URLS in mp3 tags. I striped it. I thought i won
3) Today i got new issue. Stream suddenly broken. I went to status page and it showed "no source connected".
I did ps aux | grep centovacast and it showed sc_trans2 is up. What is the reason of source disconnect then ? I restarted and it did the job...

So as you can see i have to restart at least once in 24h.

At the moment i dont know what to do, well, i doubled buffers in server.conf... dunno if it helps.

I will be very pleased to have any suggestions on any issue.

Some update from error.log:

2013-04-19 17:29:44 E msg:[YP2] add error. key=1 code=488 text=Request xml is null
2013-04-19 17:29:44 E msg:[YP2] Connection attempt failed. YP2 error code is ()

Last time i saw this i lost my connection to YP and only restart helped.

I googled all errors, may be i missed something.
nnuker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2013, 10:19   #2
nnuker

yp2 permanent disconnects

Hello, i have an issue repeating againg and again.
My server loses connetction to yp2 and only restart helps.
This error is always happens when i start server.

2013-04-21 08:56:47 E msg:[DST scdp-m03.websys.aol.com:61870 sid=1] SHOUTcast 1 client connection rejected. Stream not available. SHOUTcast Directory Tester

When i everything goes smooth. But some time happens:

2013-04-20 16:57:47 I msg:[YP2] Connecting to yp.shoutcast.com
2013-04-20 16:57:47 E msg:[YP2] add error. key=1 code=488 text=Request xml is null

Two options then: several retries and ok or lot of retries and i am disconnected.

I am using DNAS2 and CentOS 64bit v6.4
Old 21st April 2013, 17:24   #3
nnuker

Also please ! If i have status "No YP connection" why i cant connect to stream ? Server is switching tracks and everything seems to be fine (according to status page) but then i try to connect it writes like "wrong mime type".
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support