Old 31st August 2013, 17:28   #1
Sagehorn

Sync Mp3s (ratings) without Ctrl+Alt+E

Hi there

I'm writing my ratings directly into the mp3 files. But it seems that they are (at leasty most of the time) only shown as rated, when I use the read-function in the playlist options. To manage my files this way is impossible to me, especially because the playlist shouldn't be part of my library itself.. Maybe there is something in the options, i just have to change.

Thx for help
Sagehorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2013, 06:06   #2
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
I have no idea what your issue is? as far as I know, ratings are working properly in winamp (in the newest beta) across many formats.

can u try to explain again the issue?

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2013, 13:46   #3
DrO

moved to the Wishlist - live updating of displayed atf strings has been mentioned a few times, but it can be a pain which is likely why no one has attempted to do anything about it (or likely will anytime soon).

i've made a note, but that's about as far as it's likely to get and using Ctrl+Alt+E to refresh item(s) in the main playlist editor will have to suffice.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2013, 17:16   #4
Sagehorn

Hi, thx for your response.

I' wondering I have to use this key-combination. Some month before, everything worked without it. Has it to do with the write in file option? Unfortunately I'm no programmer.

If this is true, it would be practically impossible to update all ratings in my library, except with some pain, too. Why? I can just update more or less 2000 tracks in my playlist a time. Trying more, winamp crashes or freezes. This indeed means more than 50 single steps per overall update.
Old 11th September 2013, 17:23   #5
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagehorn View Post
I' wondering I have to use this key-combination. Some month before, everything worked without it. Has it to do with the write in file option? Unfortunately I'm no programmer.
the save to file option has no effect on what happens with the playlist display and the option which you're trying to use. there hasn't been changes to the behaviour so how it was working before for you i don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagehorn View Post
If this is true, it would be practically impossible to update all ratings in my library, except with some pain, too. Why? I can just update more or less 2000 tracks in my playlist a time. Trying more, winamp crashes or freezes. This indeed means more than 50 single steps per overall update.
if you want to mass re-rate files then use the library to do it as it's better setup for doing such actions.

if Winamp is crashing (which could happen if you re trying to batch re-rate files via the playlist editor menus due to how that works), then we would need a crash dump to determine what the cause is and try to fix it. that generally involves installing the v5.7 beta (http://www.winamp.com/labs/pc) or ensuring you're using v5.65 (current version) and following http://forums.winamp.com/showpost.ph...86&postcount=6 to get a dump file which can be attached to this thread.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2013, 17:47   #6
MrSinatra
Forum King

Sagehorn,

do you have all your files rated in their tags or only in the winamp ML?

I strongly recommend that you save ratings to tags, which is a pref you have to turn on in winamp, as its off by default. once on, in the winamp ML you sort by the ratings column and then you highlight all the files that share the same rating using the click, hold shift key, click again method, and then "re-rate" the files via right click menu's, so that the rating is written to the tag for all highlighted items.

hope that helps.

--
Old 12th September 2013, 18:46   #7
Sagehorn

If you're talking about writing the ratings into the file: yes, that's what i'm using.
So I hope your proposal will work. But I have some kind of suspicion that it does.

edit: on the other hand - i forgot - there is still the circular argument, that i can't select some rated files just because they are not shown in the library. Afaik they are just visible when I use the said method..
Old 13th September 2013, 12:39   #8
MrSinatra
Forum King

my method does work for nearly anything in the ML that uses tags. for anything not in the ML, just temporarily add it to the ML in order to do what I am saying.

--
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist