Old 12th March 2011, 01:44   #1
thewoose

Recently Played Listing on shoutcast directory

Hi,

I have scoured the forums and have not been able to find an answer to this issue ... my Schoutcast server and stream are working perfectly, listed in the YP, however one issue keeps bugging me: The "Recently Played" and "Now Playing" entries on Shoutcast.com are always empty ... other streams have their songs showing, but for me the Now Playing is always blank. However when opening the embedded bottom-frame player the song titles show up fine, and opening my stream in any player I get the correct artist/song info. Also my server logs show titles updating correctly, but I still never get my Track info on the directory. I have tried for several days and still no track info. Any ideas??

Thanks,
thewoose
thewoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2011, 02:31   #2
thinktink
Forum King

Send a message via Skype™ to thinktink
It's probably just the YP server having a bad day (erm, or month.) Probably not your fault.

Off and on I see the same thing on mine. Just let it run and give it some time.
thinktink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2011, 07:33   #3
thewoose

Makes sense ...

Thanks thinktink, you're probably right I have been watching the YP off and on for a few days so hopefully it will straighten itself out! Would be nice if they could get AAC streams to play in the bottom frame browser player too ... oh well just have to wait for the Shoutcast gods to do their thing.

-thewoose
Old 12th March 2011, 10:52   #4
DrO

i've seen it a few times though haven't really been able to track down anything consistent in what causes it. what version of the DNAS and source programs are you using? might also be nice if you could send me a copy of your logfile as that might show something with the encoding of the titles, etc which may give me a better idea.

so far from looking at ~200 stations a month or so back, it seemed to be possibly an issue with how - is handled from the titles or an encoding issue but really wasn't sure (especially as it showed up in v1 and v2 DNAS's so would be good if i could work out the issue if it is just the YP or down to the SC tools - like how i've resolved last night some ascii <-> utf8 conversion issues with legacy sources).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2011, 04:19   #5
thewoose

it's SAM ...

I think I've got it finally ... seems to be an issue with SAM Broadcaster. Even with v4.7.4, the current version, it must not be fully compatible with the latest YP version. I am running the latest sc_serv - "DNAS/posix(bsd) v 0.2.0.0 b 0.0.19.0" on FreeBSD 8.1.

When I fire up sc_trans and point it to sc_serv, everything works as it should, the shoutcast directory accurately shows recently played, coming up, and current tracks. Below is a sample of my sc_serv logs while using SAM and then using sc_trans:

Using SAM as DSP -> see sc_serv2_log.txt
And with sc_trans -> see sc_serv2_log2.txt

Must be an issue with SAM so I will try to find a possible workaround with that software. Using sc_trans everything works correctly ... if only it had all the features SAM does!
Attached Files
File Type: txt sc_serv2_log.txt (4.2 KB, 323 views)
File Type: txt sc_serv2_log2.txt (3.2 KB, 316 views)
Old 13th March 2011, 14:27   #6
thewoose

It's SAM ...

I posted a reply last night with a couple of logfile snippets, and it seems to have been deleted? Didn't say anything when I posted, but oh well I guess code blocks aren't allowed ...

I finally realized it was caused by SAM Broadcaster, which even the latest version doesn't officially support SC v2 ... when I fired up sc_trans (most recent version) to feed sc_serv instead (by the way I am running the latest v2 build 0.19) everything appeared and updated correctly on the Shoutcast site, the songs history, coming up, and now playing. So this was just a problem with SAM ... it works great as a DSP but hasn't implemented the SC 2 protocol yet.

Just wondering if there's a workaround, or a way to export data from SAM directly to sc_serv to get the proper titles encoding. I'm sure a lot of people are having this problem.

Thanks for the help Daz and Thinktink ...

-thewoose
Old 13th March 2011, 19:39   #7
DrO

the original post was in the approval queue as what was in the code blocks triggered the spam filter - is generally better to attach log files to posts (which can accept multiple attachments).

as for the title update issue with SAM, i'll look into things a bit more though running with a legacy source (as SAM is) should still be updating the title sent but i'll have a proper look through the logs and test out a few things over the next few days. will probably send you a test build to see if it improves things as using a legacy source shouldn't be acting in such a manner (as i've already improved one thing with SAM usage so might all be related).

-daz
Old 26th April 2012, 12:15   #8
eagleone99e

Hey DrO, good morning....

Is there any progress on this particular issue? I have been working with WinAmp and SAM and have found that Now Playing fails with both as described above. Working with the latest release of sc_serv and sc_trans, the latest SAM (just downloaded) and also the latest Shoutcast DSP. Any information you need or assistance let me know.
eagleone99e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2012, 12:41   #9
DrO

see the final known issue at http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?p=2790357#known

-daz
Old 26th April 2012, 14:20   #10
eagleone99e

thanks DrO - I appreciate the quick comeback.

Looks like a few issues I have with V2 will not be resolved until next release.

have a great day...
eagleone99e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2012, 14:27   #11
DrO

what other issues are you seeing / having? just want to make sure it's nothing new or something not yet resolved internally.

-daz
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions

Tags
now playing, recently played, shoutcast