Old 23rd June 2010, 06:48   #1
thefowles1

Visually shuffle songs (see next song)?

I was wondering if it is possible to see songs shuffled (or see what's going to play next when shuffle is on).
I have been wondering if this is possible. Sometimes I would like to know what song is going to play next in case I want to reshuffle and get a different song. Is it possible to see my music shuffled visually or is there a function to allow me to see what song is going to play next?
thefowles1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2010, 09:30   #2
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

No idea about shuffle mode. But an visuell indicator to see the next played song you can get simply via use the Enqueue feature.

Simply press the 'Q' key on a song you want to enqueue, then it shows an indicator in the playlist. Take a look at the attachment.

Also note, that the Enqueue feature requires the 'Jump to File Extra' plugin, which is part of Winamp's installer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Zwischenablage01.png
Views:	361
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	47153  
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2010, 17:59   #3
thefowles1

Hm, for me Q seems to just move the highlighter down to the next song in the library and nothing else (no enqueueing). I do have the aforementioned plugin, and Q is set to "Queue selected" and is not used with anything else. I'm looking at the settings, but I'm unsure how to set get it to work. Should it be so by default?
Scratch that; I realize this does not work in the library/playlist (which it should!) but only in the playlist editor.

I supposed I should put this into the Wishlist forum, because I wish for this option.
Old 23rd June 2010, 18:09   #4
DrO

the library is not a playlist editor so it'll never reflect such things in it (and it has been requested before and i really doubt anything will be done to change that as the media library is just another plug-in). being in the wishlist forum is unlikely to change that behaviour either as what is in there is never guaranteed to be considered or even looked at.

also, Winamp will only play what is in the playlist editor so you could do ctrl+a (select all) and shift+r when the playlist editor is selected to add everything into the queue and have it randomised (or there is a 'random queue from current playlist' or the 'randomise playlist' (ctrl+shifr+r) option though that will re-order things unlike the queue method).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2010, 18:15   #5
thefowles1

It still doesn't hurt to try, though hearing that makes me sad and also makes me wonder why it's even there in the first place if it is so uncommonly used by the Winamp team.

Thanks for the info!
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
music, shuffle, visual, winamp