Old 11th June 2002, 15:24   #1
StillWater
Forum King

8 new presets

I've made 8 new presets to match a new skin of mine. As I feel the presets and the skin are meant to go together, if you want them, you're gonna have to get them via my skin

http://www.1001winampskins.com/skin_...l?skin_id=2487
(click the thumbs up if you like the skin)

Please tell me what you think of them. For those who remember my other presets, you'll see a couple of new mixes of those presets here, the rest are new.

Sow a thought, reap an action; sow an action, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny.

All my skins: @ winamp.com @ 1K1WS @ Deviantart.com

My latest Flash Project: BreathingEarth.net
StillWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2002, 15:37   #2
Illusion
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Illusion
In reagards to your plug for your skin & presets:

To quote Homer in the SuperBowl episode of the Simpsons: "Have you no shame sir? I should give you a royal caning!"

Anyhow, I downloaded your skin, but didn't see any presets with it, it just installed the skin. Any chance you could zip your presets up and post them here instead so we can look at them? Thanks!
Illusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2002, 16:15   #3
StillWater
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Illusion
In reagards to your plug for your skin & presets:

To quote Homer in the SuperBowl episode of the Simpsons: "Have you no shame sir? I should give you a royal caning!"

Anyhow, I downloaded your skin, but didn't see any presets with it
skins are WSZ files - these are actually ZIP files that have been renamed to WSZ (to give Winamp exclusive access to them) The presets are inside. Just rename the skin to ZIP and extract - same as if I posted a zip here, only this way you'll see them together with the skin, as they were intended

Sow a thought, reap an action; sow an action, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny.

Old 11th June 2002, 21:55   #4
|EM|Snake

Send a message via ICQ to |EM|Snake
dude. wtf. I get invalid archive error when I change the tag to .zip. can't you just post a zip of your presets man? If I wanted
skins, I'd go to the skins area.

Here's the error winzip reports:

End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not a Zip file, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part Zip file.
|EM|Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2002, 22:28   #5
Rovastar

Send a message via AIM to Rovastar
Nice stuff dbleja.

Snake a dbleja want to do is share his skin love. . I do not know what happened to your zip file it should be fine. Anyway OK here is a zip of his presets. Don't worry dbleja I will continue to download them.

I have done a mod of one of these.

"Rules are for the guidance of wisemen and the obedience of fools"

Visuals - Morphyre www.Morphyre.com
Rovastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2002, 22:30   #6
Rovastar

Attached Files
File Type: zip rovastar & dbleja - electric plasma drops.zip (926 Bytes, 116 views)

Old 11th June 2002, 22:32   #7
Rovastar

Attached Files
File Type: zip dbleja.zip (6.4 KB, 113 views)

Old 13th June 2002, 08:58   #8
StillWater
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by |EM|Snake
dude. wtf. I get invalid archive error when I change the tag to .zip. can't you just post a zip of your presets man? If I wanted
skins, I'd go to the skins area.

Here's the error winzip reports:

End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not a Zip file, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part Zip file.
That's really strange. Sounds like a problem with your winzip, because all skins are zip files - Winamp unzips them and gets all the individual BMP files out of them in order to load up the skin (you can check this with your other skins). So if the skin works, I'd suggest downloading winzip again.

The reason I didn't want to just post them here is because I'm trying to champion (well, champion maybe a bit too strong a word) the idea of making skin & preset packages. I love the idea, and I love it when people make presets to match their skins. So far, I'm the only person I know who's made milkdrop presets for their skins, which is a shame. That's why I didn't want to separate them, since they really are meant to go together. If someone doesn't like the skin and throws it out but keeps the presets, or vice-versa - I don't mind, as long as they appreciate that they are using presets that were designed to be a part of a skin, or a skin that was a sister to a group of presets.

Old 13th June 2002, 09:59   #9
ryan
not fucked, not quite.
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to ryan
Or just download the skin again.. You might have got a bad zip.. It happens sometimes.....
ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2002, 15:46   #10
unchained
Major Dude

Send a message via Yahoo to unchained
Or just don't bother with people that intentionally complicate things. I somehow doubt the presets are worth the effort, haven't seen anybody say anything to the contrary, and if I'm wrong...well, I'm willing to take the hit.
unchained is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2002, 17:09   #11
StillWater
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by unchained
Or just don't bother with people that intentionally complicate things. I somehow doubt the presets are worth the effort, haven't seen anybody say anything to the contrary, and if I'm wrong...well, I'm willing to take the hit.
poor baby, being asked to click the mouse button a few more times

Call it a filtering process. I'm only interested in people seeing them whose attention spans are long enough that they are willing to humbly sacrifice 10 seconds of their precious lives to get the presets.

It took me some 30 hours or so on the skin and quite a few hours on making presets to match it, so if anyone baulks at the idea of spending an extra 10 seconds or so to see them as they were supposed to be seen - together with the skin - then please follow unchained's advice, don't bother - I don't particularly want you to see them, as anyone with such a short attention span and such disregard for the author's intention surely wouldn't appreciate these particular presets, nor would they be likely to give any sort of valuable feedback.

Last edited by StillWater; 13th June 2002 at 17:30.
Old 14th June 2002, 06:55   #12
Krash
Major Dude

Woah... cool down, people.

Unchained... that seemed a bit out of line there - if you've got nothing constructive to say, just don't say anything. Your comment sounded pretty elitist to my ears, and that's not a Good Thing.

dbleja - You don't need to defend yourself here - though I expect you feel justified in your response (and I don't blame you). Still, it would be nice if we could keep it civil.

No flame wars in these forums, please... we're supposed to be such a friendly little group...

- Krash

Eighty-three percent of all statistical quotes are made up on the spot.
Krash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2002, 08:09   #13
unchained
Major Dude

Send a message via Yahoo to unchained
mmmm, mouse buttons
unchained is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2002, 13:03   #14
ryan
not fucked, not quite.
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to ryan
Quote:
mmmm, mouse buttons
HaHa you always know the right thing to say....

And thats about all im saying so I dont get involved this little spiff of an argument....
ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2002, 14:18   #15
Illusion
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Illusion
I didn't mind downloading the skin to check them out, it's just that I wasn't sure how to actually get the presets It's fair enough if you made them for a skin, for us to see it with that skin...

And yeah, unchained, chill.... not everyone has the experience you have, it takes a long time to get really good at making presets, give him a go...
Illusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Visualizations > MilkDrop > MilkDrop Presets