Old 14th April 2010, 10:39   #81
angelachai

I'm getting the same problem. On local drive, it plays fine but when I try it on my DVD drive, it goes to Windows Media Player. May try to reinstall winamp.
angelachai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2011, 14:37   #82
pulsarrex

sorry to start again...? did anybody found a solution for this...?
pulsarrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2011, 14:50   #83
BunkFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsarrex View Post
sorry to start again...? did anybody found a solution for this...?
Have you tried this: http://forums.winamp.com/showpost.ph...2&postcount=80

BunkFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2011, 15:26   #84
pulsarrex

ya.... I tried everything listed here... But nothing seems to work ...Dont know when this problem started... Because I usually I use Winamp search to play my music( I mean If I want to play a song I just fire Winamp, search for it and then play it). I dont use Windows Explorer... But then yesterday I was searching for a song when I realised my right click is messed up... No Winamp when I right click an mp3 file... Though it is sure appears when i right click a folder... I uninstalled the usual suspects cdburnerxp and vlc... but no help... no mediaiso and nero in my system...
Vista SP2... any help plz...?
pulsarrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2011, 16:22   #85
ryerman
Major Dude

It won't hurt to make sure Windows Explorer Menu Control is configured as you want.
Preferences>General Preferences>File Types>Shell Options
ryerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2012, 00:03   #86
lucasrcosta

Figured it out! It's a registry misplacement!

Winamp is currently storing the keys in the [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Winamp.File.MP3\shell] path., but Windows 8 stores them in the [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\.mp3\Shell].

I exported the shell entries, opened the .reg in an editor, replaced the path and then added it to the registry.

I'll try to do 'enqueue files on double click" now, wich is not working either.

Hope they fix it on the next versions. Cheers.

This is what gave it away: ShellMenuView (http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/shell_menu_view.html)

Got the 'enqueue files on double click' too

On [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\winamp.exe\shell\open\command], add /ALL to the path in the (Default) key
lucasrcosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2012, 00:24   #87
DrO

Windows 8 does things differently and you're _meant_ to do it all via the default programs interface which is why there is some work being done to make it so parts of the current options in Winamp are changed so it directs users to the correct part of the OS.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2013, 14:45   #88
amrowebas

Is this a problem?

Do you want this application?

If this is a problem with you ...... Here's the solution...

If you have winamp installed and you have allowed winamp to manage your media file associations then it’s possible to change the default behaviour from ‘play’ to ‘enqueue’, i.e when you double click the file it should enqueue the media file as last item on current playlist rather than playing it.

This feature comes in handy when you have a really large mp3 collection (like I posses ! ) and you find-and-listen songs on runtime. At those peak moments (when your ears are craving for some quality music) right clicking on each file and selecting ‘Enqueue in Winamp’ can be a bit annoying.

How to enable this option:?

1. Open Winamp.
2. Press Ctrl + P (to show preferences.)
3. Browse inside General Preferences > File Types
4. Select the option on right that says: “Enqueue files on double click in Windows Explorer (default is unchecked)”
5. Restart Winamp.

Congratulations
amrowebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2013, 15:26   #89
amrowebas

Quote:
Originally Posted by phumanchew View Post
Hello,

All my Winamp commands have disappeared when I right click my music/video files. The only commands are to play/enque in Windows Media Player.

Can someone explain or provide a link to fix this problem?

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Winamp but this does not fix the problem.

Thanks!

[Edit --> DJ Egg]

Power/Magic ISO bug. Solution here:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....69#post2259869

Is this a problem?

Do you want this application?

If this is a problem with you ...... Here's the solution...

If you have winamp installed and you have allowed winamp to manage your media file associations then it’s possible to change the default behaviour from ‘play’ to ‘enqueue’, i.e when you double click the file it should enqueue the media file as last item on current playlist rather than playing it.

This feature comes in handy when you have a really large mp3 collection (like I posses ! ) and you find-and-listen songs on runtime. At those peak moments (when your ears are craving for some quality music) right clicking on each file and selecting ‘Enqueue in Winamp’ can be a bit annoying.

How to enable this option:?

1. Open Winamp.
2. Press Ctrl + P (to show preferences.)
3. Browse inside General Preferences > File Types
4. Select the option on right that says: “Enqueue files on double click in Windows Explorer (default is unchecked)”
5. Restart Winamp.

Congratulations
amrowebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2016, 11:51   #90
CarlosVaya

The fix is so simple!!

...and it needs to be simple for me to do it! regedits and all that? haven't a clue!. If like me music is a must when working, surfing or woteva! you noticed quick when this darn problem happened! shame it took me hours, a sleep and a few more hours to think of the simple fix!
System Restore! ...assuming there aren't any major changes you have done and don't want to loose!. I try to add a system restore point often! and glad I do as it was IOuninstaller I believe which screwed things up by uninstalling or/and moving other things that where needed!. So IOuninstaller has now ..urm... been uninstalled lol!!
So if there are still many lovers of Winamp and you have that problem? problem solved! I hope for you ...I am running Win7 but shouldn't make much difference on dif Wins with System Restore!! Good Luck!!
CarlosVaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support