Old 17th August 2019, 10:53   #1
stocks

Issue connecting Shoutcast to our stream

Hi,

Having an issue that I've been trying to overcome for 2-3 days now.
I usually use shoutcast with wimamp to kick our radio stream on an old PC running XP, but I wanted a more mobile solution and decided to load up on a laptop, which is running W7.

Installed Winamp 5.666 with Shoutcast 1.9.0 and made all the settings the same as my usual host PC - checked those hundreds of times now to see if I made a mistake.

I input sound to my laptop via a simple audio device which inputs to usb to the laptop (nothing different there either as I do this on my old host PC).

Input sound looks ok as the VU meters in shoutcast raise and fall with the music input.

The issue arises when I kick the stream via our station's kick page - I enter my credentials and the page says source kicked succesfully, but Shoutcast doesn't connect and no bytes are uploaded.

I've tried changing the input to winamp player and play music to test, excluding the external input, and kick the stream, but no change there either, Shoutcast doesn't connect.

Does anybody have any ideas of where I might be going wrong or what else I can try.

Thanking you in advance of your reply
stocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support