Quote:
Originally Posted by Google Mail Inbox

Inbox
X

|
Google Buzz
to me

show details 12:30 PM (4 hours ago)

Google rarely contacts Gmail users via email, but we are making an exception to let you know that we've reached a settlement in a lawsuit regarding Google Buzz (http://buzz.google.com), a service we launched within Gmail in February of this year.

Shortly after its launch, we heard from a number of people who were concerned about privacy. In addition, we were sued by a group of Buzz users and recently reached a settlement in this case.

The settlement acknowledges that we quickly changed the service to address users' concerns. In addition, Google has committed $8.5 million to an independent fund, most of which will support organizations promoting privacy education and policy on the web. We will also do more to educate people about privacy controls specific to Buzz. The more people know about privacy online, the better their online experience will be.

Just to be clear, this is not a settlement in which people who use Gmail can file to receive compensation. Everyone in the U.S. who uses Gmail is included in the settlement, unless you personally decide to opt out before December 6, 2010. The Court will consider final approval of the agreement on January 31, 2011. This email is a summary of the settlement, and more detailed information and instructions approved by the court, including instructions about how to opt out, object, or comment, are available at http://www.BuzzClassAction.com.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
This mandatory announcement was sent to all Gmail users in the United States as part of a legal settlement and was authorized by the United States District Court for the Northern District of California.

Google Inc. | 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway | Mountain View, CA 94043
I actually don't have an opinion on this one as it didn't affect me, just thought I'd share it and get y'alls opinions.

Did anybody get their information exposed? If you did, do you have proof of that somewhere, whether colloquial/circumstantial or not? Either way please do tell.
thinktink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2010, 06:01   #2
rockouthippie
Banned

8.5 million dollars. Some lawyers made 5 million. I am expecting my class action recompense in a check for less than a dollar. Yay!
rockouthippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2010, 01:53   #3
Princess_peach

Quote:
Just to be clear, this is not a settlement in which people who use Gmail can file to receive compensation
yeah you aint getting that dollar either lol
Princess_peach is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Breaking News