Old 22nd March 2002, 16:44   #1
paraclete

Flawed compiler msg with MB_YESNOCANCEL?

I encountered a compiler error message that was misleading (at least to me) and would encourage you to address it.

I was trying to get
MessageBox MB_YESNOCANCEL
to work to avoid overwriting a user's data. Mea culpa, I was including too many parameters, which the documentation would have made clear if I'd stared at it longer. However, the compiler error message indicated MessageBox could only handle 2-4 parameters. Actually, MB_YESNOCANCEL works with 6 parameters.

See excerpt from message posted for Nsis forum. I got a VERY speedy reply that set me straight, but thought I'd report the compiler message for your attention. Nsis is a terrific piece of software, and I'd like to participate in making it even better!

I have the following statement, which the compiler rejects. Seems like it ought to work. I assume I'm doing something wrong. Any suggestions? How do you make MB_YESNOCANCEL work with only 2-4 parameters?

MessageBox MB_YESNOCANCEL|MB_ICONQUESTION "InvStats.xml exists: Yes=Overwrite No=Keep Cancel=Abort Installation" IDYES StatsOverwrite IDNO StatsNoOverwrite IDCANCEL StatsAbort

MessageBox expects 2-4 parameters, got 8.
Usage: MessageBox mode messagebox_text [return_check label_to_goto_if_equal [return_check2 label2]]
mode=modeflag[|modeflag[|modeflag[...]]]
modeflag=(MB_ABORTRETRYIGNORE|MB_OK|MB_OKCANCEL|MB_RETRYCANCEL|MB_YESNO|MB_YESNO
CANCEL|MB_ICONEXCLAMATION|MB_ICONINFORMATION|MB_ICONQUESTION|MB_ICONSTOP|MB_TOPM
OST|MB_SETFOREGROUND|MB_RIGHT
paraclete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2002, 14:39   #2
Gourou

Location: The backside of the universe on the trailing edge of eternity
put this thing in the right forums, you'll get some real help that way
Gourou is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Developer Center > Winamp Development