Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp for Android

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25th April 2011, 01:18   #1
adam4310

Unhappy Same songs transfered-to/copied-from phone each time I sync

I start with my songs already on my phone, and used winamp sync (via USB, wifi was too slow) to transfer songs to computer. When I try to sync the songs again (over Wifi now), many songs will be copied back to my phone, and the same list of songs will also be copied from my phone to the computer again. the PC winamp doesn't know that the songs are the same as the tracks on my phone. Some things that caused this problem:
-Under the preference "Media Library" > "Portables" > my phone > "Sync" tab > "Library Sync": If you add search query for what is to be copied and are too specific it will copy the songs again that are left out. BTW this only narrows what songs are to be copied from the PC to the phone but doesn't effect what it tries to bring from the phone to the PC. So I made the query blank
-Not sure now, but I think it tries to recopy songs with id3 tags v2.4 (i converted them to v2.3 with free program "MP3tag")
-Songs with total tracks (like 02/12 instead of just 02 in the track field).
-Songs with disc numbers (seen via MP3tag). after they were copied to my computer media library they would have a 4 digit track number. Also when I would try to edit the metadata in winamp it would just stay the same when I saved it.

so now I deleted all of the songs on my PC and on my phone I converted the track field to omit the total tracks and erased the disc number in the MP3tag program. Then in winamp I sync everything to my PC again (via USB). Upon trying to sync over Wifi, I see the the tag editing has narrowed it down to just 2 songs that winamp wants to transfer to my phone and copy from my phone.

So I'm out of ideas. Why won't winamp realize these 2 songs transferring from my PC are the same as the 2 songs it's copying from my phone?

Using: Winamp 5.6.1 on Windows Vista, HTC Incredible (running 2.2)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	winampsync.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	48750  
adam4310 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp for Android

Tags
android, duplicate, sync