Old 30th July 2010, 23:38   #1
morguy

shoutcast log files

I've been broadcasting for a couple of years now, but I just now found out about the Shoutcast Log Files on the D.N.A.S. page.

I think this is what I've been looking for all this time as I'd like to find our who is logging into my stream and from where, and for how long they stay.

My stream host tells me I've had certain peaks at certain times, but their chart of listeners over the day sometimes has a higher peak listed than their records show.

A recent chart showed twice the number of listeners that is listed for a peak from a different day. Yet the peak on the chart didn't translate to a new record of listeners.

My question is: are these log files kept in a special folder and I can access it at MY leisure, or does it disappear at that magical hour of Midnight?

Secondly, is there a stream host that is a little bit better at reporting actual peaks that coincide with any charts they provide?

Thanks.

Mike
morguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2010, 07:33   #2
Nick@ss

The stream host would need to give you access to the log files if the server is hosted on their box.

If you check the link in my sig we offer full ppl montly reporting and statistics and graphs.
Nick@ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Technical Support

Tags
dnas, listener peaks, log files