Old 9th August 2003, 23:12   #1
BIGKirk

Can not find WINAMP3 Plugin folder ???

Hello,
I have never used WINAMP before and I just installed WINAMP3 and it's update. The only reason I downloaded it was to use it with a plugin called HLamp for controling WINAMP while inside a multiplayer game. Instructions say to install in WINAMP's plugin folder, there isn't one that I can find though. Any ideas? Probably really easy, something I looked over no doubt but like I said new program to me.
Thanks,
Kirk
Old 9th August 2003, 23:22   #2
jookieapc

Create a folder called "plugins" inside your winamp directory and install the plugin there.
Old 10th August 2003, 00:01   #3
JonnyMac

I don't have HLamp, but I think it is for Winamp 2. You might want to download Winamp 2 to use the plug-in. Winamp 2 and Winamp3 are two different media players. If you want they can both be on the same computer with no or very little problems.

Winamp3 uses components as add-ons not plug-ins. There may be a chance you can still use the HLamp plug-in in Winamp3.

Quote:
From Sticky Winamp3 Trouble-Shooter Guide > Winamp3 FAQ

Nope. Unfortunately, to totally change the component interface, backwards compatibility had to be scrapped. But fear not, developers are already making plug-ins to run Winamp 2.X plug-ins. For Input download WA2Input. General and DSP plug-ins can be run with Winamp 2x Plugin Manager. The Winamp 2.X API can be emulated with Winamp 2x Plugin Manager. Visualizations can be run with the Classic Visualization Component.
I think the one you want is the Winamp 2x Plugin Manager component. There is no guarantee that the Winamp 2 plug-in will work with the plug-in "adapter" for Winamp3. Maybe the developer of HLamp has a component for Winamp3. Try contacting the author of HLamp or go to the plug-in's web site.

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
Old 10th August 2003, 02:20   #4
BIGKirk

Tanks man sorry for taking so long to reply but I figured out right after writing this. You have to download the winamp 2 plug addon to make it work. lol.
Old 10th August 2003, 02:24   #5
JonnyMac

Good Job! Thank You for your reply.

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp3 > Winamp3 Technical Support