Old 19th November 2003, 14:41   #1
ampaddict

Winamp fullscreen,Keyboard shortcuts

Hi Forum,

First of all winamp3 kicks ass!! So guys at nullsoft u r doin a great job.

I have a couple of questions
1) Can I make Winamp to run Full Screen.
2) Can I remove the Title Bar or Change the title of Winamp.
3) Can I synchronize the visualization to sync with an Audio in.
4) Can I add new shortcuts so as to load Visualization presets.

If yes , how ?

Thanks Forum
Old 19th November 2003, 19:20   #2
WHEREamI
Major Dude

1) Not sure what you mean. AVS can certainly be run fullscreen, and all the keyboard shortcuts will work from there.

2) About the only way to do this is to tinker with the default skin. Check out the wa3/wa5 skinning forums and NSDN for more info on that.

3) Yes! linein support is incorporated into cnv_midi.wac. assuming you have the 1.0 release (the one on the front of the website, for now, build #488), you should have it. To use it, click Add Location, and type "linein://" then double click on it.

4) Open the AVS editor, Settings -> Presets/Hotkeys. Load the preset you want, select the hotkey from the drop list, and then click "save to hotkey"

You should be aware WA3 is soon not to be Nullsoft's headline product, in favor of Winamp 5. Please check the Stickies in the Winamp 2 discussion (soon the Winamp 5 discussion) for more info. Most people are saying WA3 is "dead," i prefer to think of it as on extended hold. WA3 will become Wasabi Player, but that is a long way off.

~WHEREamI
Old 22nd November 2003, 15:29   #3
ampaddict

Hey whereami,

Thanks for the reply , u did solve a lot of my problems.Let me clarify some things.....
1)I wanted to make winamp run full screen i.e i wanted a playlist occupying half the screen , visualization on the top left, equalizers below it and a list of visualizations below that so that when the user clicks on a visualization it pops up.So i wanted to assign hotkeys to each visualizations.
2)Also ,do I have to do something extra to enable visualizations to sync with line in or is it there by default.
Well ,your last advice left me pondering whether I should continue devpt. work on wa3 or wait for wa5 . Any good advice?

Thanks once again
Old 22nd November 2003, 19:11   #4
mikm
Major Dude

1. You can rescale windows. Try downloading Hotlist
2. Read TSGH. I would switch to WA5 development, as WA3 is pretty much dead. Or do both.