Old 23rd January 2004, 02:58   #1
xmfplt

shuffled albums?

Is there a way to play an entire album (tracks in order) and then shuffle to another full album, and repeat? This would be like having a jukebox randomly choosing CDs and playing them. I know it could be done with like an array of playlists (if that's possible?). Maybe there's an easier way and I'm just not thinking of it, but I didn't see a solution upon searching the forums.

Also, it would be very nice if in the Media Library under Local Media/Audio, under the Albums heading, double-clicking "All (# albums)" would play random albums in their entirety. (Similarly, double-clicking "All (# artists)" under Artists would play all songs by a random artist, ordered by filename).

Sorry if any of that is confusing, I can't really think of a better way to explain it without being vague. Thanks in advance.
xmfplt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2004, 03:46   #2
UltraZelda64

You know... that is a very good idea. If it would be possible to load multiple playlists into one (ie., instead of loading MP3s, you'd load M3U files, which would play the MP3s/CD in order... and you could shuffle the playlist files, so they play in a different order. Never thought of this. Of course, there are other ways to do this, and hopefully something like this makes its way into WA5.
UltraZelda64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2004, 09:23   #3
Benco

I think Album List is a plugin that would perform what you want... Not sure how to access album shuffle, but in the the homepage, it is tolds that the function exists...
Benco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2004, 20:57   #4
Ruler26

I'd like to see something like this in WA5, too.

I think I tried Album List before, but it didn't shuffle between Albums or something.
Ruler26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2004, 10:22   #5
Pussybot Robo

I asked for this feature a couple of months ago in the wishlist because the iPod does it, was told not to hold my breath.

Shuffling albums/artists in their entirety would be awesome.
Pussybot Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2004, 23:35   #6
Pussybot Robo

Album list isn't quite it. You can already select play all by artist or play all from album by right-clicking on an item in the ml. Instead of shuffle what we need is a plugin that uses the ml info to autoenqueue all by artist or all from album at random. Wincue already does this for individual songs.
Pussybot Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion