Old 31st July 2004, 16:12   #1
will
Nullsoft Newbie (Moderator)

1.11 Release Candiate 3 Released

Download
This version contains a couple of bugfixes, plus a major steve-mandated change.

The ipod tree item now automatically hides itself when you have no iPod connection. This has these knock-on effects:
More devicechange messages are caught and acted upon. If you experience any bad side effects when plugging in or ejecting any non-ipod devices. I NEED to know.

An ipod is looked for on startup of winamp. If no ipod is found, autodetect is run. This is done in another thread, so impact should be minimal. Again, if you have any bad effects due to this, I NEED to know.

Also, if winamp can sometimes never find your ipod, even though its plugged in and worked on beta 6, I need to know.

Also, your bug may not yet have been fixed, I'm still going through those, I just need this change tested.

Updated to RC2. Added an option to go back to the normal tree item behaviour, added a line to identify the song on the send dialog and removed hymn (will be back after the bundle)

Updated to RC3. Overhauled the config and cleaned up some of the interfaces.

Fixed up Copy to Hard Drive. Hopefully got closer to fixing the problems with sync ratings.

DO NOT PM ME WITH TECH SUPPORT QUESTIONS
will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2004, 19:08   #2
roby

Hello and thanks for the effort.
I'm now getting the following message:
"There is not enough space for the selected songs. Please select less and try again."
i have 40% space left on my iPod, and I get this message even when dragging one file. I've tried pluging it in and out many times with no luck.
roby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2004, 20:24   #3
will

Uh shit, sorry about that. Redownload please

Old 31st July 2004, 22:43   #4
Dorka

...still the same bug. It doesn't update correctly put Disc # and Track # information.

Upload any music with this plugin and then check the tags in iTunes and it shows that it doesn't update any Disc # information and Track # shows eg. 1 but when you upload with iTunes it shows eg "1 of 12". So small bug but serious enough that I can't use it for uploading music into my mini iPod since then it plays tracks in incorrect order!
Dorka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2004, 23:33   #5
daveshow

When I deleted some songs in my media library then ejected the ipod. I installed your new plug-in from beta 6 to rc1 then synced my media library. It deleted those songs on the ipod but there where traces of random characters where the deleted songs where. No biggie after I changed my view and went back to see if those songs where there all gone and all good. Thanks will

btw I noticed that the ipod device does not show always like it did before when the ipod was not plugged in is that normal
daveshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2004, 00:19   #6
4rix

Quote:
Originally posted by daveshow
btw I noticed that the ipod device does not show always like it did before when the ipod was not plugged in is that normal
Quote:
Originally posted by will
(...) The ipod tree item now automatically hides itself when you have no iPod connection. (...)
4rix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2004, 01:15   #7
daveshow

i can see before i was blind
Old 1st August 2004, 03:43   #8
Reaper
Forum King

When trying to select multiple files from the bottom pane, it doesn't seem to scroll down sometimes and when it does, it returns back towards the top after releasing the mouse.

ml_iPod - [Homepage] | [Forums] | [Wiki]
Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2004, 07:13   #9
will

Re: 1.11 Release Candiate 1 Released

Dorka:
Quote:
Originally posted by will
Also, your bug may not yet have been fixed, I'm still going through those, I just need this change tested.

Old 1st August 2004, 20:41   #10
will

RC2 is up.

Old 1st August 2004, 23:54   #11
Carno

Hi will. Testing out the rc2 now. What's happened so far--

When I first opened Winamp after installing the rc2, & installed the pod Winamp locked up. I closed it with the task manager & when I reopened Winamp the pod was there. I think the problem here was just that I was impatient, because when I hooked the pod up again later the same thing happened & I waited it out--it took about 30 seconds for Winamp to respond. Haven't really taken advantage of the full 40 gigs, still at about 20.

I turned on my external firewire drive with the ml open & it didn't cause any trouble.

Made some smartlists, no trouble. Made a couple of regular playlists, no trouble. Drive capacity reads ok, everything transfers like I want it to, if a little slow (haven't messed w/ tweaking usb yet)

Ran the Probe tool & it found one song, then ran Remove tool to remove it. :-) What's the probe for--retrieval after db failure? Where do I find out what the retrieved songs are?

All 7 of 7 attempted reverse transfers worked (and fast) for tracks with album info. When selecting multiple files with no album info only the first selected file is transferred. It took less than a second to add (no album) to the ID3s and try the transfer again but it still does only the first file.

When I use the device manager to eject, then reconnect it Winamp stops responding. It takes 2 minutes for Winamp to come back (1:58) Reverse transfers still only go one at a time. Restart Winamp, remount pod (1:29) 10 of 10 files reverse copy ok. On second try, able to duplicate bug.

Right-click nqueue works as play and play works as enqueue only if enqueue is the default media library setting. I knew about that before, and somebody mentioned it, but I forgot & accidentally cleared the playlist enqueueing. It's a pretty cool feature that Winamp plays the song from the local library if it's found.

For how I use it, the plugin's perfect. Best,
M

--edit-- sorry to lay all that one you at once

Last edited by Carno; 2nd August 2004 at 01:57.
Carno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2004, 15:21   #12
maxdido

i installed rc2 and now winamp won't find my ipod anymore?
ipod is not listed under devices.
maxdido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2004, 15:32   #13
will

maxdido, the iPod icon is now hidden until you plug an iPod in. It should find your iPod when you plug it in. If it does not, try restarting winamp, and if that doesn't work please say so.

Old 2nd August 2004, 16:01   #14
maxdido

i have my ipod pluged in !!
i unpluged it closed winamp pluged the ipod in restarted winamp still no ipod to see under devices.

restarted my computer, with no result.
the explorer is seeing my ipod. only winamp isn't.

when i look in the media library preferences --> plugins --> media library --> i see the ipod plugin but it's saying v1.11rc1 instead of v1.11rc2
Old 2nd August 2004, 18:27   #15
BLiC

maxdido, make sure your iPod is configured to the correct drive letter in ml_ipod configurations...
And have you used iTunes to update the iPod? In that case iTunes might have screwed something up...
BLiC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2004, 18:29   #16
maxdido

the ipod is connected to the wright drive letter.
and i never use itunes. that program sucks.
Old 2nd August 2004, 18:40   #17
maxdido

he will,

i noticed something that perhaps will help you with my problem. i reinstalled beta 6 (i thought the last version i had installed was beta 6) and winamp only saw 1 artist on my ipod. this i found strange because the last time i used the ipod all songs where on it, so i was afraid that rc2 messed up the database.

then i started ephpod and saw that all songs where still on the ipod. closed ephpod, didn't save to database.

then i installed your beta 5 (that was the last version i had installed not beta 6) and voila..... all songs where visible in winamp. so at the moment i'm back with beta 5.

i hope this will help you solve the problem.
Old 2nd August 2004, 18:56   #18
will

max: could you go into the preferences, under "iPod Support" and "General" select "Don't poll iPod" then iPod should show in the Media Library, click it.
Does it find your ipod then?

If you can't find that option, upgrade to RC2 (yes it does identify itself in the plugins list as RC1, I forgot to change it)

Old 2nd August 2004, 19:38   #19
maxdido

installed rc2.
checked "don't poll ipod".
nothing happens waited for more than 2 minutes.

closed winamp.
started winamp.
"don't poll ipod" is unchecked, i didn't uncheck it.

so.... in other words it didn't help
Old 2nd August 2004, 20:21   #20
will

Yeah, that setting wasn't being saved through restarts i've fixed that. However, when you check it, the iPod icon on the media library tree will show. Click it.

Old 3rd August 2004, 01:39   #21
daveshow

I noticed when I was playing with rc2 some bugs are still around. For instance when copying my music from another computer, computer -> ipod -> home computer. The ipod does not show the mp3's in the smart playlist, but after I eject the ipod; then plug it back in it shows the mp3's in the smart playlist. One thing I find weird is the on the go playlist in the ipod it keeps on displaying mp3's that I never added to that playlist. All in all works...
Old 3rd August 2004, 07:06   #22
maxdido

the ipod icon isn't showing up when "don't poll ipod" is checked.
Old 3rd August 2004, 07:36   #23
will

daveshow, you need to click "Refresh All" on one of the smart playlists.

Old 3rd August 2004, 07:46   #24
maxdido

yeaaah, i see the ipod tree, i disconected my ipod then checked the "don't poll ipod" then the ipod tree appeared and then conected my ipod in the dock again.

when i click on the ipod tree or double click it, nothing happens. i can not see my songs. so there is still something wrong.
Old 4th August 2004, 06:41   #25
glop

hello will

As DrO, will you do a multilanguage system for your plug-in ?
if the answer is yes, i think it should be interesting for people who are not easy with english language !

(I can help you for the french_ml_ipod.ini )

see you

(okok it's bad for thisthread but i have no trouble with my ipod mini) but intersting thread because it's the one who speak hot developpment ! I'm such bad in programming, i don't know if this feature could be integrated for the 1.11
glop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2004, 08:17   #26
will

No.

Old 4th August 2004, 10:41   #27
glop

uuuh.. just no ? definitively?
no more comments ?

Are you interested of translations of your plug-in otherwise ?
do you publish it if i translate and give it to you ?
glop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2004, 18:18   #28
BLiC

If people don't know english, it's really about time learning some... at least the basic stuff. And the language used in ml_ipod isn't hard at all to understand or translate - even for the novice. So in my oppinion different languages isn't really needed.

How are people supposed to learn english if they always use applications in their own language? Just curious...
BLiC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2004, 18:36   #29
will

I'm sorry, that was quite rude, it was early in the morning thing.

Anyway, I'll explain my philosophy with regards my development of ml_ipod.

The original ml_ipod (before I got involoved with the development) was very basic (no artist-album view, no playlists, no copy to hard drive, no configuration, no tools, nothing). This was too basic for me, so liquidmotion and I started working on it to make it better for our needs. I released it because it might be useful to others. I did not release it to try to "beat" itunes, or ephpod or whatever in some pissing contest. Therefore, while I am happy to help people out with problems (because it only takes a second), I am not going to spend long hours adding stuff I am not going to use for people I don't know. I have better things to do. My name is not DrO

The whole point of open source development is that many people do this process on the same project. And it becomes feature complete.

I am very close to putting in all the features I want. After that I will move on to other projects.

If anyone wants to work on it, just get yourself a sourceforge account and message me.

Old 5th August 2004, 02:44   #30
daveshow

touche
Old 5th August 2004, 08:36   #31
maxdido

hi Will,

you know what i did to solve my problem.
i opened ephpod.... then closed ephpod... while closing, ephpod wants to save to the database, i pressed yes. and now ml_ipod rc2 can read and find my ipod.
Old 6th August 2004, 00:44   #32
muckster

I think I found a bug--

rc2 won't update ratings for me in either direction iPod<>ML, neither automatically at connect&eject, nor manually.

It used to work fine.
muckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2004, 17:03   #33
MostAwesomeDude

Send a message via AIM to MostAwesomeDude
i have that same problem. rc2 won't let me, but beta 6 will.

"Be excellent to each other." ~ Bill & Ted
Member of the ml_www project.
4G 20GB iPod w/ Winamp 5.05 and ml_ipod 1.12
MostAwesomeDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2004, 17:49   #34
will

I think i've fixed that in RC3

Old 7th August 2004, 11:00   #35
visomo

Disabling refresh of smart-playlist

It's a good idea to automatically refresh smart-playlists, but there should be an option die diasable it. With a large Database it's annoying.
visomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2004, 18:45   #36
muckster

I downloaded the latest upgrade, but I don't think my ratings are synching still.
Old 7th August 2004, 19:03   #37
MostAwesomeDude

hey, will, got something might be helpful...with both rc2 and rc3, i can't sync ratings either way...when i pull up VC++ to debug, it says there's an error in 'ntdll.dll', some kind of access violation. is that helpful?

Old 7th August 2004, 19:07   #38
MostAwesomeDude

! I've solved it! I've figured it all out. When an iPod formatted on a windows box is plugged into a Mac, the Mac renames it to fit the conventions for cross-platform compatibility, same as iTunes does. When this happens, the iPod's name gets all screwed up on the windows box, and i think that the problem is that iPods that haven't been correctly named can't be written to or read by the sync ratings routine. to check, i renamed my iPod using iPod Agent, and now i can sync, no problems!

Old 7th August 2004, 19:11   #39
muckster

MAD, rating synch is not working for me, and I haven't plugged my iPod into a mac ever.
Old 7th August 2004, 19:27   #40
MostAwesomeDude

did your ipod work before, with beta 6?

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp iPod Plugin Discussion