Old 25th November 2005, 04:08   #1
Camineet

video won't come to front on launch

When I click a video file in a folder, Winamp just sits in the background playing it instead of coming to the front so I can see it. So I have to go down to the taskbar to select it to get the darned thing to show. No, I don't want to select Always on top because then it impedes my file browsing activities. Please help. Thanks a lot.

One more thing. Why doesn't this player remember its settings when you close it? The next time I click a video file after closing the player, it moves back up to the upper left corner of the screen, or some other such nonsense like starting off in Windows shade mode, or playing the video in a detached window even if I had previously maximized the app with video attached. Realplayer has this same problem, but Windows Media Player doesn't. What's going on here? How can such a basic functionality be overlooked? I must be doing something wrong.
Any help would be appreciated.

Camineet
Camineet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2005, 17:10   #2
JonnyMac

1. Do you mean the video window does not appear or it remains behind other windows? If the latter, try the Video Dominator plug-in.

2. Try the following thread...
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....55#post1624355

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2005, 17:21   #3
Camineet

I mean it remains behind other windows. Thanks a lot JohnnyMac. I'll give these a try.

-Camineet
Camineet is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support