Old 23rd December 2005, 02:54   #1
redi jedi
Will code for food

Beta 6 is here

i'm glad i was able to get this done today, as i'm leaving for my mom's this weekend, and cant work on it there. i guess you could call it my little christmas preset to you all.

this update includes:
-now you can change the wrap mode of ither the x or y axis (or both) for each shape+ the main preset. the var names for frame code are x_wrap_mode and y_wrap_mode, but they are also accesable from the menus.

-page up and page down will now go up or down 20 lines while editing code(doesnt mean much to end users but preset writers should love it).

-there are now 5 custom shapes and waves, i think i can up the waves all i want, but the shapes are limited because each one requires it's own texture.

-direct user control keys added, preset writers can now use the variables ctrlup, ctrldn, ctrllt, ctrlrt to allow the user to control something. when the user holds ctrl and hits up, down, left, or right the corrisponding variable changes to one, untill the user lets go of the key
then it goes back to 0

i'm pretty sure that was all i added, if i rember something else i'll post it. i'm prolly not gonna update my website with the changelog or link till after christmas till then heres a direct link

beta 6

Blah!
redi jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2005, 08:01   #2
Phat
Major Dude

Cool, already downloaded it, we'll start messing with it tomorrow.
Phat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2006, 07:40   #3
Logy

can you make gui option for edit sprites and edit custom messages below customizations tabs for normal user (for more easier use)... and support lyrics if you can do it.....!
thanks....

The English suffix -logy denotes a field of study or academic discipline.
Logy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2006, 22:35   #4
redi jedi
Will code for food

if you mean adding sprites and custom waves to milkdrops current "gui" mabye, if you mean making a real gui(like the config panal)... not likly...
although you did just give me an idea, i guess i could make a seprate program that edits .milk files, although the results may not be live, may have to reload the preset when you want to see your changes...although i guess i could make md reload the preset every few seconds or something

support for lyrics would be cool, i might be alble to do that, i can at least look into it.

Blah!
Old 10th January 2006, 05:08   #5
Logy

thanks... that all i need...!!!

The English suffix -logy denotes a field of study or academic discipline.
Logy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2006, 22:28   #6
|3enjam

Location: Salt Lake City > UT > USA > Earth > Solar System > Orion Arm > Milky Way
the link is broken =( and i only have beta 5
|3enjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2006, 02:03   #7
redi jedi
Will code for food

ya i know, i'm sorry about that. my web-host decided that i was using to much bandwith so they deleted my site, and there for the beta, i'll put it up on rova's site and post a link soon.

Blah!
Old 28th January 2006, 23:44   #8
|3enjam

Location: Salt Lake City > UT > USA > Earth > Solar System > Orion Arm > Milky Way
is it too big to post here?

if so, you can mail it to me

onetimeonly A iohelix D com <--- you figure it out
Old 29th January 2006, 03:10   #9
redi jedi
Will code for food

http://www.milkdrop.co.uk/beta/vis_milk105beta6.dll
heres a working link

Blah!
Old 29th January 2006, 17:41   #10
|3enjam

thanks for that.

is there anywhere I might find a change log and instructions on how to use the new functions and what they do?
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Visualizations > MilkDrop > MilkDrop Development