Old 11th February 2007, 15:18   #1
thinktank

no sound audible

I cant understand what went wrong..I did everything that were mentioned in the sticky posts, I googled but couldnt find any solution to the problem. Hopefully someone here is experienced enough to help me out with this strange problem.

I am trying to start a radio, restricted only within our lan. The server starts properly when started. The web interface shows that the server is online. However it doesnt display the song currently running. When I connect to my radio, I hear very faint sound of the radio streaming. However I hear the same song over and over again.

I am using winamp 5.0.4 shoutcast dsp 1.9.0 and shoutcast 1.9.5 on windows xp sp2. I have disabled the firewall to remove problems due to that.
thinktank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2007, 05:47   #2
poorman

Are you playing back the stream on the same computer thats encoding it? That would explain hearing the same song over and over. Check your windows sound mixer for to adjust recording and playback levels.

Also check your DSP's input tab for input settings. Select input device to Winamp if you want it to only stream what you have playing out of your winamp. Select soundcard input for it to stream other sources, like your line in or mic port.
poorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support