Old 17th June 2008, 18:36   #1
deanjohnson03

Send a message via AIM to deanjohnson03 Send a message via Yahoo to deanjohnson03
Wireless Internet & Shoutcast

We are thinking of branching out our radio station so we can transmit radio on the move to cover local events around our area. We are thinking of setting up a second shoutcast server on another pc in the studio which is routed into our mixer.

As we will not be in the studio we will not have our usual internet connection so we will have to purchase a wireless internet connection.

Will the wireless internet connection be fast enough to broadcast through shoutcast and what things do i need to look out for

and...

We need an internet connection which will allow long periods of connection as alot of companies such as vodafone and t-mobile have fair usage policies..

If anyone could come up with the best solotion for us then could you let me know

Thanks guys
deanjohnson03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2008, 19:01   #2
midpoint

Send a message via AIM to midpoint Send a message via Yahoo to midpoint
EVDO Wireless Internet would be the best way to do this. The only thing about this is companies such as Verizon, Sprint, At&t now are putting in 5GB limits and then it cost your for every MB or GB over that.
midpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2008, 19:04   #3
deanjohnson03

Send a message via AIM to deanjohnson03 Send a message via Yahoo to deanjohnson03
i dont know how many hours that would be. 5GB is a nice amount but as to how long we can stream for and if its per month.. it could be difficult
Old 17th June 2008, 21:19   #4
midpoint

Send a message via AIM to midpoint Send a message via Yahoo to midpoint
Yes, You can stream it 24/7 but if you looking to go over the BW thats going to cost major. But I use Verizon EVDO when i'm out of town and it works great you would think your on highspeed provided by cable. The best thing to do is setup a little test stream and see how much BW you use in a month.
midpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2008, 17:38   #5
deanjohnson03

It will not be on all the time. So bandwidth shouldnt be too much of a problem unless it will only give us an hour or 2 a month. its only connected when we are on the move. Is Verizon is available in the UK?
Old 7th July 2008, 15:17   #6
robert4049

Send a message via Yahoo to robert4049
um hey at&t has no limits i have thier card but verison does i think
robert4049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support