Old 6th December 2000, 16:22   #1
claypigeons

First off I will not use Live365 so forget about that. I want to use WINAMP in conjunction with Shoutcast Server (With WINAMP I can use my Network Remote Control and change songs from any other PC online if I am away from home) - plus you can't shuffle with Live365 - only randomize the order.

I am willing to pay some money if any of you guys out there have a server I could use. Right now I am running my Broadcast from home on my ADSL connection. I also run an FTP site and when people upload or download, it robbing me of valuable bandwidth resulting in numerous UNDERRUNS.

Anyone give me a hand out there with some extra space on there server? I am only looking to run 32kb with a maximum of 10 people - but will be willing to go lower on maximum amount of listeners. I see some people offering this service on the forum, but everytime I email them I never get a response which leads me to believe they were full of it at first.

Get back to me if you got any ideas or space you could offer me.

Todd

------------------
Claypigeons All Acoustic & Unplugged Radio Network

http://www.claypigeons.net
claypigeons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2000, 16:29   #2
Jeff86

Send a message via ICQ to Jeff86
http://www.hiphopbuzz.com/indexmp3.html

I've been on one of their servers for about a month, so far everythings been working great. The price is the lowest I've ever seen, say you want 10 listeners you pay 10.00 dollars a month.Its a pretty good deal, you get unlimited bandwidth and other features as well.
Jeff86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2000, 17:23   #3
claypigeons

Just called them. Im going to give it a shot. Said they would set it up for me. I will be sure to give a good review if all goes well. And of course, A bad review if it all goes wrong.

Todd

------------------
Claypigeons All Acoustic & Unplugged Radio Network

http://www.claypigeons.net
claypigeons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2000, 20:01   #4
wedgemusic

You should check out http://www.wedgemusic.com/services.php before you order with anyone else We offer the guaranteed lowest prices and the best service for SHOUTcast and Icecast hosting.
wedgemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2000, 20:18   #5
IBC-Radio.com

Send a message via ICQ to IBC-Radio.com Send a message via AIM to IBC-Radio.com
I use Winamp & the Shoutcast DSP with Live365, and so far no one has offered a better server for less money than Live365. You can't beat it! The trick is, don't use Live365's programs (Easycast, LiveCast, etc..) Just use their bandwidth!

------------------
GT McCulloch
www.ibc-radio.com
ClassicRock@ibc-radio.com
Internet Broadcasting Corporation!
IBC-Radio.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2000, 00:17   #6
TheHYPO

Send a message via ICQ to TheHYPO
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by IBC-Radio.com:
I use Winamp & the Shoutcast DSP with Live365, and so far no one has offered a better server for less money than Live365. You can't beat it! The trick is, don't use Live365's programs (Easycast, LiveCast, etc..) Just use their bandwidth!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

how do you go about doing that?
TheHYPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2000, 01:46   #7
CSOL from Italy

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TheHYPO:
how do you go about doing that?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm testing a lot of systems in the last two weeks...Live365 seems good (sometimes congested)...but you have to use other programs...the best i tried is SAM, you can find it at audiorealm.com (a lot of features, it permits crossfades, voice overs, scheduling, relays. statistics etc.)
I hope this can help...

bye,

csol
Old 7th December 2000, 01:48   #8
Romilar_D

Send a message via ICQ to Romilar_D
Wedgemusic, hope your stream hosting is more reliable than your website -- its been down every time i've tried to access the link in your post. You might want to get your site in order before shamelessly plugging it.

------------------
ParaDynamic Roadhouse
Drink or Die! Barstool Blues

[This message has been edited by Romilar_D (edited December 06, 2000).]
Romilar_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2000, 02:02   #9
IBC-Radio.com

Send a message via ICQ to IBC-Radio.com Send a message via AIM to IBC-Radio.com
Are you talking about my website? If so, Yes our ISP (OneMain.com) had a problem over the weekend that took down my site, but it was back up Monday morning.

How I am Streaming and just using Live365 for Bandwidth... I use SAM from Special Audio to control my music, insert Promos, Ads, and my Christmas music. It also allows listeners to requests songs from my website or IRC Chat channel. SAM loads up Winamp as the player, and Winamp loads the SC_DSP.DLL plugins. I use Stacker (its like MuchFX, but abit better. It supports title streaming) to stream at two differant bitrates, and I have two accounts with Live365 to handle them.

Live365 does insert an Ad at first connect, but thats it. The rest of the time the listeners just hear music!
If anyone wants step by step directions and what files are needed. Just stop by our forum and ask. I will walk you through the set up to stream like we are. How to get around not having a static IP, and other tricks I have learned.

Tip: Read the posts in this forum, ShoutClub.com, and AudioRealm.com. They offer lots of help on differant ways of setting up your own station.

PS, I am even looking for other stations wanting to join IBC. If interested, leave me email! We have two stations, and we are looking for other generes to join us.

------------------
GT McCulloch
www.ibc-radio.com
ClassicRock@ibc-radio.com
Internet Broadcasting Corporation!
IBC-Radio.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2000, 07:09   #10
TheHYPO

Send a message via ICQ to TheHYPO
I mean, how would one go about using live365 server w/o the live 365 program? how can I setup my shoutcast in winamp to use theirs?

I tried SAM, and it looked really good, but whenever I clicked play it would screw up real bad
TheHYPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2000, 07:28   #11
club977

Yeah wedgemusic...what gives...you've got people...you know actual customers who might want to use your service and you can't even offer up a webpage to get information. I don't know about the rest of you but if their webpage is any indication of the relibility of the streams on their server I'll forget it.
club977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2000, 11:23   #12
Terrapin

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TheHYPO:
I mean, how would one go about using live365 server w/o the live 365 program? how can I setup my shoutcast in winamp to use theirs?

I tried SAM, and it looked really good, but whenever I clicked play it would screw up real bad
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh come on guys, this is pretty basic, plus it's off the thread. Look, you stream to a Live365 server the same way you would to ANY server in the world - no different. Rather than begining with SAM, I would suggest you start with a WinAmp and a DSP so you can learn and understand the basics concepts of MP3 audio streaming. Go to www.ShoutCast.com and you will find these tools and the instructions to use them.

I investigated the hiphop buzz guys, or whatever. They in fact appear to be for real, and I don't see how anyone can beat those prices. If your looking to pay a little more for reliability I use a service called mprelay at http://www.mprelay.com plus they offer unix shell and ftp/telnet access and a little disk space (100 MB) for some storage, or whatever you want.

Hey you IBC guys(and gals?) I just made number 14 or so on your Top 50 WebCasters list, Unbroken Chain Internet Radio - you say you are looking for Stations. E-Mail me when you read this and explain what you mean by that.

Christopher Doyon - OWNER
http://www.UnbrokenChain.net/InternetRadio

InternetRadio@unbrokenchain.net

Old 7th December 2000, 17:44   #13
davidz

hey guys...IT IS that easy to set up with 365.
ya might wanna check my post saying 'i suppose that....'
i hooked up using the dsp and winamp, i was on the air in about 10 mins...just use theryre simple step thru's and your away to go....no fuss, no more downloads, but if your on a 56k i suggest ya experiment with your settings to get the bes performance.
Old 7th December 2000, 18:20   #14
wedgemusic

Guys, sorry about the page not being accessible. It's not my fault. Register.com has still not fixed the pointers for my domain name. It should be fixed by this afternoon.
wedgemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions