Old 26th December 2011, 23:24   #1
mary9761

no sound in secondary user profile winamp 5.581

I have two separate profiles set up on our computer for myself and my husband. I am experiencing a problem with no sound on winamp for my husband's profile.
He'd originally closed the main window in window shade mode and having forgotten how to reopen, I uninstalled and reinstalled winamp. I have since figured out how to re-open his main window, but now there is no sound for playback on his profile. The program is working on my profile (the main administrator) but when I try to play anything on his, there is no sound.
I have looked to see if there were anything in the FAQ and have followed the troubleshooting steps that I have found. There is still no sound. The only difference that I can see between the two players is that the lightning bolt on the configure image is showing yellow on mine and his is silver which makes me wonder if there is something wrong there?
This is very aggravating as I've been working several hours trying to resolve the problem. Please help.
Using Windows 7 and winamp 5.581
mary9761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2011, 23:25   #2
JonnyMac

Update Winamp. .The latest version at the time of this reply is 5.623. .When reinstalling, make sure that you are installing Winamp during a administrator account and not using a user account. .Winamp will still be available on gust accounts even if installing on a admin account. .Installing Winamp on a guest account can cause playback issues among other issues.

If there are still issues with no sound, have a look at the following reply...
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....35#post1801835

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support