Old 17th April 2006, 00:15   #1
fitzy75

Send a message via ICQ to fitzy75 Send a message via AIM to fitzy75 Send a message via Yahoo to fitzy75
DDE Server Window - Entry Point Not Found

I've searched the forums high and low and can't find this exact error mentioned anywhere.

Basically, to cut a long story short, I am trying to stream music from my main pc to another pc over my home network (the second pc is connected to my stereo system's aux input jack so its played through decent speakers)

The pc I want to stream to is as follows:
AMD K6 500Mhz
256MB PC133 SDRAM
8MB on-board Graphics
Realtek on-board sound card
10/100 network on-board
I dont know what m/b it has (this type of pc is called a thin client so its not a standard board)
OS is Windows NT4 Embedded (Service Pack 6)

It will only be playing sound, not video so the graphics controller shouldn't matter.

I'm using the latest version of Winamp (5.21) to connect to my shoutcast server. Whenever I run Winamp it comes up with an error saying:

Quote:
DDE Server Window: winamp.exe - Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point CreateToolhelp32Snapshot could not be found in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.DLL
And I have to click OK before Winamp will run, once it is running it works fine, its just when I open it that this error shows.

I got this pc setup without a keyboard, mouse or monitor, I just use remote control software if I need to do anything on it. I have put a shortcut to Winamp in the startup folder so that I could just turn on the pc and it would connect to the stream without me having to do anything else to it, but I have to click ok to this error every time which is annoying.

There is no other software running on this machine, all it will ever be running is Winamp so it can't be anything else affecting it.

Any help solving this problem would be helpful, if you need any more information just ask.

I have attached a screenshot of the error screen.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: png dde.png (8.6 KB, 400 views)
fitzy75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2006, 00:43   #2
fitzy75

Send a message via ICQ to fitzy75 Send a message via AIM to fitzy75 Send a message via Yahoo to fitzy75
Its now coming up with a different error, well the window title is different, but the text is the same.

Please see the attached screenshot.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: png ole.png (4.3 KB, 409 views)
Old 17th April 2006, 01:00   #3
drewbar
Sawg 2.0
Major Dude

Hmm... looks like Winamp is trying to make an API refrence to something that is not in NT4. According to MSND it's in Windows 2000 or later (NT wise) or Windows 95 or later (being 98 or ME).

Does this just happen with 5.21? Have you tried an earlier version?
Might be a compatability issue with Winamp 5.21 and NT4. Someone smarter then me will have to take a look at this.

Count with us!
Jan 1st, 12AM (PST, GMT -8) 2010 - 282,246
drewbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2006, 01:12   #4
fitzy75

Thanks for the reply

Unfortunatly I can't find any setup files for older versions that i've downloaded in the past.

If you have got any links to older versions I could try it. Although it might not be tonight (it's 2:15am over here)
Old 17th April 2006, 01:52   #5
drewbar
Sawg 2.0
Major Dude

http://www.winampheaven.net/

Count with us!
Jan 1st, 12AM (PST, GMT -8) 2010 - 282,246
drewbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2006, 23:15   #6
fitzy75

Sorted it now.

It seems like it was the codecs, or something. I did a basic install (unticked all the boxes like video support, audio support, visualization and the others) and now it runs like a dream!

I havn't tried this with 5.21, at the moment i'm using 5.13 from the link in the above post and it seems to be ok.

Also when I was playing around installing it with different options etc if there were any codecs or anything selected it would start extracting the first one from the installer and right at the end of the first one it came up with some error like "cannot extract the file" but I think this is just maybe a compatibility issue with Windows NT. But without any selected it works fine.

I think I will stick with 5.13 because its running on an old computer and that computer is also used as a shoutcast server for 3 different streams so it won't handle much more anyway.

Thanks for your help drewbar, much appreciated
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support