Old 6th February 2007, 08:16   #1
j2o

Autostart at a specific time.

Hello!

Just wanna ask a quick question regarding starting a "song" or stream at a certain time in the morning.

I want the winamp player to automatically connect to my stream at 8:50am every morning (the stream server auto shuts down at a certain time - and auto starts at 8:45am) - so can this be done with a scheduled task?

i thought this might double up the winamp player and start playing the stream twise if the winamp player was already there? - or cause other problems?

is there a plugin or anything for doing stuff like this? maybe a scheduler plugin ? ??

Thanks guys
j2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2007, 09:14   #2
psycho_maniac
Major Dude

If you can save the stream file to your computer that would be great or a link to the stream would work as well.
If your using windows xp you can go to
Start>All Porgrams>system tools>scheduled tasks| click file, click new>scheduled task. Rename it to whatever you want. Right click on this file then click proprieties. Put the location of the stream in the location bar. Click the schedule tab and select the time you want it to start. Click the settings tab and you can tell it when to stop running. (after so many hours only)
psycho_maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2007, 09:19   #3
j2o

Thanks mr Psycho !

Iv already setup a URL file - so i'l do a scheduled task with that, but another idea i had was regarding autostart (if stop/dissconnect) is that possible?

is there a plugin that can auto start playing if it detects the stream is lost? / stopped etc..

thanks
Old 6th February 2007, 13:29   #4
pc_guru_86

Send a message via AIM to pc_guru_86 Send a message via Yahoo to pc_guru_86
Try this one. I have used it for awhile and it works quite well.
pc_guru_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2007, 14:14   #5
j2o

pc guru, i just get "URL submitted by user." - not the actual URL? whats the plugin name ? // url ?

thanks!
Old 6th February 2007, 14:54   #6
DrO

http://nunzioweb.com/daz/files/Silen...ector_v1_5.exe

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2007, 16:23   #7
j2o

thanks DrO - will give this a try
Old 6th February 2007, 20:40   #8
psycho_maniac
Major Dude

just n note. if you ever need to get a url from a user that has URL submitted by user in his post just click the quote button and it will show what they typed and the url that is filtered. try it. click the quote button on pc_guru_86's post. wow it even filters hyper links. also when you click post a reply scroll down to where it shows all the posts and the link shows up there as well.
psycho_maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2007, 09:18   #9
j2o

cooool ! with the silence detector iv now made a fully automatic solution !

it autoplays at 8:45 / autostops at 5:45 - and will automatically try and reconnect if theres any stream problems!

wahoooo! :-) !!
Old 7th February 2007, 12:13   #10
DrO

good to hear that it's working nicely (haven't had too many reports on the silence detector plugin so have never been too sure how well it works).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2007, 09:17   #11
Chris Diack

Silence Detector v1.5

Hi Darren.. This is a great plugin for radio stations who relay other stations... thanks for making it.

Could you give a little theory of operation re the Silence threshold, in particular the theory of negative and positive values of Silence threshold [n]. What is [n]?

For what it's worth, the broadcast fraternity tend to think of audio levels in terms of db.
Chris Diack is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support