Old 19th June 2010, 04:15   #1
Brutish Sailor
Major Dude

Send a message via Skype™ to Brutish Sailor
Trying to run sc_trans as a win32 app

im sure theres going to be a lot of posting here, so I figured start a thread, so it doesnt kill more to the point post in the SC_trans thread.

Ok, so i followed the directions for SC trans win32, and when I execute it just sits there. I obviously am not getting the point of how to operate it.

I have a screen shot of where i get stuck. Am I supposed to interface with it in another way once its running?

KNSJ.org 89.1 FM San Diego
Brutish Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2010, 07:16   #2
jaromanda
Forum King

it should just sit there seemingly doing nothing while it's running ... unless you enable screen log

"If you don't like DNAS, write your own damn system"

So I did
jaromanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2010, 15:53   #3
Brutish Sailor
Major Dude

Ok, so what i understand, i need to alter the xmlmetadata, and the playlist_win32.lst....

Or am I designing a new Config file from scratch like the SC_Trans_demo.Conf file in the SC_trans Drop folder?

Old 20th June 2010, 05:12   #4
Brutish Sailor
Major Dude

OK, I think Im getting this. Dont mess with the .lst file until I get SC_trans config file set up, then make a .lst file with songs (and the awesomeness of *wildcards)

Now I look in Niels example, and I see a file path for VUimages. I look in the docs, and see it has something to do with admin. What exactly is the VUimages. Obviously, its actual Jpeg images from the examples in the docs, but what is it exactly?

I also dont get the point of this part with the sc2 server.

code:

uvoxcihperkey- key used to obfuscate initial handshaking with source Default = ??????

So does that mean I need to put the full path to sc_trans2 here?

Old 20th June 2010, 07:59   #5
Brutish Sailor
Major Dude

Ok, so my SC2 server is good to go, I am pretty sure I have gotten SC_trans ready...

then I went to the .lst file for an example.

code:

#!perl c:\shelltest.pl
#C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\faisal_music\Shane 2.mp3
#C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\faisal_music\Passage Denko.mp3
#C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\faisal_music\De Ushuaia.mp3
#C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\faisal_music\Passage Hassan.mp3
#C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\faisal_music\Shane 3.mp3
#
##!notepad.exe
##!cmd.exe /C "c:\shelltest.bat"
##!cmd.exe
##!c:\shelltest.bat
##!perl c:\shelltest.pl
##!perl c:\shelltestblank.pl
##!perl c:\shelltesterror.pl
C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\hero.mp3
C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\chinese\Unfortunately_on_That_Day.mp3
C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\short_greek_filename\σouπα.mp3
C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\greek_filename_and_metadata\04 - Ελένα Παπαρίζου - Mambo.mp3
C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\gotta.mp3
C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\deaf.aac
#C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\faisal_music\Shane 1.mp3

C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\royal.ogg
C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\hero.mp3
#C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\[deaf].aac
#C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\testfiles\corrupt ID3V2 tag - Deep Voices - 26 Hours.mp3
C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\wind.flac
C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\lovewithher.wav

###!EOF

#### foo_xxxx files are for testing replay gain rewrites #################
##########################################################################
#C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\spears.mp3
#C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\foo_hero.mp3
#C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\foo_opener.mp3
#C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\foo_interlude.mp3
#C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\foo_wind.flac
#C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\foo_royal.ogg
#C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\foo_5 sec 440 hz.wav
C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\5 sec 900 hz.wav
C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\2 sec 440 hz.wav
C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\2 sec 900 hz.wav
#C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\badro�l.ogg
C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\opener.mp3
C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\lovewithher.wav
#C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\fakebad.mp3
C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\hero_no_metadata.mp3
C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\royal.ogg
C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\wind.flac
C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\*.ogg

C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\replay gain tests\hero.mp3

#### flac metadata example
C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\replay gain tests\wherearewe.flac
C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\wherearewe.flac
########################

#### nonexistent file test to demonstrate logging
C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\arabic\معكdeaf.aac
##########################

#### ogg metadata example
########################

## aac metadata example
C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\deaf.aac
#######################

#### mp3 metadata example
#######################

C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\arabic\معكroyal2.ogg
C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\arabic\معكroyal.ogg
C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\testfiles\embedded_picture.ogg
C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\arabic\شكير فضل ويارا.2006._._.اخدني معك.mp3
C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\testfiles\embedded_picture.flac
C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\arabic\معكwherearewe.flac
C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\chinese\Unfortunately_on_That_Day.mp3
C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\opener.mp3
C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\wizard.ogg
C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\gotta.mp3
C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\short_greek_filename\σouπα.mp3
C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\russian_filename_and_metadata\Дидюля.mp3
C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\greek_filename_and_metadata\04 - Ελένα Παπαρίζου - Mambo.mp3
C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\testfiles\230-picture.mp3
C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\testfiles\thatspot.mp3
C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\testfiles\230-syncedlyrics.mp3
C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\testfiles\230-unicode.mp3
C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\testfiles\230-compressed.mp3
C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\testfiles\221-compressed.mp3
C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\testfiles\ozzy.mp3
C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\testfiles\BadTag.mp3
C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\testfiles\01. 怎麼辦 (片頭曲).mp3
#C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\testfiles\04 - Karunesh , Solitude .mp3
C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\testfiles\01-04 - The Postal Service - Such Great Heights.mp3
C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\testfiles\id3v2bug.mp3
C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\testfiles\big_YMCA-VILLAGE PEOPLE.mp3
C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\testfiles\truncated.mp3
C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\testfiles\big_(Shake,Shake,Shake) Shake Your Booty.mp3
C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\testfiles\Britney Spears - Oops I did It Again.mp3
C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\testfiles\(06) Lunatic Calm - Your Future.mp3
C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\testfiles\03 - Joe Cocker - You Can Leave Your Hat On.mp3
C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\testfiles\superman_lyrics3.mp3
C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\testfiles\ZZ Top - Legs.mp3
C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\testfiles\mpeg2.5.mp3
C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\testfiles\gapless_part2.mp3
C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\testfiles\gapless_part1.mp3
C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\testfiles\eits2007-02-20_sample.mp3
C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\testfiles\bad_id3v2_version.mp3
C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\testfiles\bad vbr header.mp3
C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\testfiles\bad length mp3.mp3
C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\testfiles\1x01 - Memento of the Girl.mp3
C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\testfiles\01._Morgenrot_vbr3.mp3
C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\testfiles\01. Third Eye Blind - Losing A Whole Year.mp3
cast\current\sc_trans\music\testfiles\1x01 - Memento of the Girl.mp3
C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\testfiles\01._Morgenrot_vbr3.mp3
C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\music\testfiles\01. Third Eye Blind - Losing A Whole Year.mp3
soft 5 sec 440 hz.wav.mp3
2 sec 440 hz.mp3
2 sec 900 hz.mp3
5 sec 440 hz.mp3
5 sec 900 hz.mp3
backup.mp3
chriscrosses.mp3
gotta.mp3
hero.mp3
hero.mp3_copy
hero_no_metadata.mp3
hero_no_metadata.mp3_copy
hero_short_metadata.mp3
hero_short_metadata.mp3_copy
interlude.mp3
intro.mp3
loud 5 sec 500 hz.mp3
loud 5 sec 500 hz.wav.mp3
opener.mp3
soft 5 sec 440 hz.mp3
adisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\foo.lst
C:\Documents and Settings\nradisch\My Documents\programming\shoutcast\current\sc_trans\foo.lst
soft 5 sec 440 hz.wav.mp3
2 sec 440 hz.mp3
2 sec 900 hz.mp3
5 sec 440 hz.mp3
5 sec 900 hz.mp3
backup.mp3
chriscrosses.mp3
gotta.mp3
hero.mp3
hero.mp3_copy
hero_no_metadata.mp3
hero_no_metadata.mp3_copy
hero_short_metadata.mp3
hero_short_metadata.mp3_copy
interlude.mp3
intro.mp3
loud 5 sec 500 hz.mp3
loud 5 sec 500 hz.wav.mp3
opener.mp3
soft 5 sec 440 hz.mp3

Just hit a brick wall. All i want to do is wildcard the music file, so it seems like i should just be able to put:

C:mymusicfilepath/*.mp3

....and call it a night! Maybe I should shake the computer?

Old 20th June 2010, 08:28   #6
jaromanda
Forum King

to be honest ... I never tested playlists with sc_trans 2 - they made my inner child cry

"If you don't like DNAS, write your own damn system"

So I did
jaromanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2010, 08:35   #7
Brutish Sailor
Major Dude

Once I figure it out = Win32 Epic un-fail

I feel a video tutorial for Win32 SC_trans2 + SC2 with SC2 YP2 protocol (even though you cant get issues your Authhash for YP2 yet) from scratch video tutorial is coming. I really want to try that wildcard SC_trans feature as well. Just to mess with it.

Old 21st June 2010, 00:46   #8
Brutish Sailor
Major Dude

BINGO!

While I dont use Hurricane, because its API is for .txt files, they have a great tutorial for creating a .lst file from the command prompt for windows users.

http://www.74mph.com/faq/FAQ00142.html

Old 21st June 2010, 02:59   #9
Brutish Sailor
Major Dude

I didnt word that right, but a little excited at the time.

Ok, I got the output to look similar to Niels example, however, when i gave the full path name for the .lst in the config file for SCtrans 2- No dice.

code:

;; VU Images
vuimagedirectory=C:\Documents and Settings\Rob.DAR-ONE\sc_trans\Drop\Vuimages

;; ENCODER OPTIONS
encoder=aacp
bitrate=96000
samplerate=44100
channels=2

;;; NETWORK OPTIONS
outprotocol=1
serverip=***.***.*.*
serverport=****
password=changeme

;;;; LOGGING OPTIONS:
;where does the log file go
logfile=c:\sc_trans.log
; 1 to do screen logging else 0
screenlog=1

;;;;;; METADATA CONTROL
; my stream name
streamtitle=RobTest
; url related to my stream
streamurl=Mine
; my genre
genre=none
; other assorted stuff
;aim=myaimaddr
;irc=myirc
;icq=myicq
; register with yp
public=0

;;;; PLAYLIST CONTROL
; your playlist
playlistfile=C:\Documents and Settings\Rob.DAR-ONE\sc_trans\Drop\win32\Test.LST
; by default we shuffle the playlist. Lets turn that off
shuffle = 0
; set our crossfade time to 2 seconds. zero means no xfade
xfade=2
; file must be at least 20 seconds or we don't crossfade
xfadethreshold=20
; drop folder for priority playlists
playlists=C:\Documents and Settings\Rob.DAR-ONE\sc_trans\Drop\playlists\
; where finished priority playlists get copied
archive=C:\Documents and Settings\Rob.DAR-ONE\sc_trans\Drop\archive\

;;; LIVE CAPTURE:
; don't capture
capture=0
; set capture parameters
;capturedevice=Sound Blaster
;captureinput=Line-In
;capturesamplerate=44100
;capturechannels=2

;;;; DJ SUPPORT:
; dj listen port
djport=****
; dj password
djpassword=******
; idle time until auto-dump
autodumpsourcetime=30
; record dj broadcasts here
djbroadcasts=C:\Documents and Settings\Rob.DAR-ONE\sc_trans\Drop\recorded\

;; REPLAY GAIN CONTROL:
applyreplaygain=0
calculatereplaygain=0

;;; OTHER:
adminport=*****
adminuser=admin
adminpassword=*******

i kept the .lst file simple after that, only two line entry's to look at all the variables:

code:

"C:\Documents and Settings\Rob.DAR-ONE\Anger System.mp3"
"C:\Documents and Settings\Rob.DAR-ONE\4 - Fall Mp3.mp3"

and it looks like it would have all worked out?

Im missing the boat bigtime somewhere. Day 4...

Old 21st June 2010, 03:30   #10
Brutish Sailor
Major Dude

VIIIIIICCTOOOOOORRRRRYYYYY!!!!!!! GGGGGET SOOOOOOME!!!! RAAAAHH!!!!!

Dont add "" in your .lst file- even if you have spaces.

Old 21st June 2010, 04:10   #11
Brutish Sailor
Major Dude

Now to work on my Config file for SC2, a little adjustment is in order. Im going to see if I can make a very generic/basic plug-and-stream config file for both SC2 and SCtrans2 for home broadcaster this week. Then I will poat everything p in video including the config files in PDF, so it will take you through step by step to setting up the server and SC_trans from home in prep for YP2.

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions