Old 5th December 2006, 16:27   #1
Medox

how do i remove the song number from winamp title?

hello, i'm new here

how do i remove the song number from "now playing" in the winamp main window?

i want to use a software to display the song from winamp but it displays the complete song from the winamp title (with the song number from the playlist)

even when i uncheck the "show numbers in playlist" in the main window the song scrolls with the number in the playlist so that other softwares that only grab this title instead of the id3 tags also display the song number from the playlist and that's what i really don't want!

please tell me how to make the "main" title (that is displayed in the "now playing" box in the main window & in the windows task manager for example) of winamp to be without the song number from the playlist

with a hex editor? if yes... what do i need to modify?
or is it more easier? please help

p.s. sorry for the bad english
Medox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2006, 17:00   #2
flocksoft
Major Dude

the option show numbers in playlist is relative to playlist only (as the name says...)

I think *** playlist item number. before song title is hardcoded in Winamp core

if you want a modern, very powerful notifier and ultra-customizable, use Toaster

bye
flocksoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2006, 11:27   #3
Medox

Quote:
if you want a modern, very powerful notifier and ultra-customizable, use Toaster
i know toaster but i don't need a notifier

i just want to remove that number from the main title of winamp, is there a plugin that can change it? or how do i modify winamp to remove it?
Old 6th December 2006, 16:02   #4
Razzinno
Piffle Producer

Use the modern skin instead of the classic. If you're bent on using the classic skin, then I'm not aware of any way around it.
Razzinno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2006, 18:42   #5
Medox

and how do i remove that number in the modern skin?
it's in the windows task manager" also like in the classic skin or i'm missing something?
Old 6th December 2006, 20:28   #6
Razzinno
Piffle Producer

Do you have Winamp 5? (Preferably 5.32) If so, use the default modern skin:

On the classic skin, it would look like this:

3. TOSCA - SUZUKI
Razzinno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2006, 21:00   #7
JonnyMac

Maybe DrO's Taskbar Text Mod plug-in will help. It will let you customize the text in Winamp's taskbar button. The inspiration for the plug-in came from the "Taskbar tracklist numbers" thread.

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2006, 21:46   #8
Medox

@razzinno
the main windows of winamp 5.xx is only displaying the metadata from the mp3 file, i already saw that but it didn't helps me

Quote:
Maybe DrO's Taskbar Text Mod plug-in will help. It will let you customize the text in Winamp's taskbar button. The inspiration for the plug-in came from the "Taskbar tracklist numbers" thread.
@JonnyMac
exactly what i was searching for, it hides the number from the taskbar and windows task manager but it don't really solved my problem, other softwares that search for the main title of winamp still show that number
Taskbar Text Mod plug-in only hides that number but (i think) there must be something to modify the core of winamp to remove that number and " - winamp" for ever...

but i don't need to remove that number anymore... i don't solved the problem but a found another way to don't use the main title of winamp

if someone still knows how to remove that number and " - winamp" from winamp by modifying winamp's core please let my know

if not... topic closed
Old 6th December 2006, 22:46   #9
JonnyMac

I am not sure about that.

Maybe if the good doctor stumbles across this thread, he could come up with a idea.
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2009, 17:25   #10
trodas

Send a message via ICQ to trodas Send a message via AIM to trodas
After all these years - BUMP to have this problem fixed. And in the classic skin, please. I like it. I just want to see only the song title, NOT the number.

It is possible to disable the numbers using the "playlist item number" option in prefs/playlist, but what to do with the task button or the songname in the main window?

There are just THERE main cases of "title" in the WinAMP.ini file:

useexttitles=1
and
titlefmt=[%artist% - ]$if2(%title%,$filepart(%filename%))

Help?

"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong." - Voltaire
...just keep folding, just keep folding... &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; my config
trodas is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support