Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist

Old 28th July 2013, 14:45   #1
Number_1

show/highlight currently playing song in media library

Hi there

i have read it in the last version History:

Improved: [ml_playlists] Show currently playing song

and since a long time i am wondering, why this isn´t the case in the whole media library
why is the currently playing song not highlighted like in a playlist?
Number_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2013, 20:44   #2
DrO

because it's a shed load of work to do and i only had time to just get it done in ml_playlists (as that was easiest) for the v5.65 release and i haven't had the time since to do anything else towards it as part of the 5.7 betas. so at some point i hope to get it working in the main library views but due to the nature of how they work, it's not going to be a simple thing to do without messing up performance on track change, etc.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2013, 19:25   #3
Number_1

Hi DrO
thanks for your answer

im not a programmer so i cant see the work behind. I thought it would be just a few clicks.
Maybe i missunderstand you but i cant imagine that it would harm performance because i think it is just another colour for the playing song.

anyway hope you(re team) can do it in the near future.
Number_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2013, 19:35   #4
DrO

setting the item to draw as 'current' is not the issue, the issue relating to performance is that we have to basically match what's playing to what is present in the view (not too tricky based on what was done for the playlist view but isn't as simple as it could be) as well as applying it when any queries are made (which is the real problem area if it's a large library to match against then that's a little increase magnified over a lot makes everything slow down). so it's not just a few clicks / bits of code to do it (it could be but it'll suck).
Old 29th July 2013, 20:44   #5
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi DrO,

Nice job getting the playlist view to show the currently playing song.

Now you'll get more requests (demands) than ever to have the other media library views do the same.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Quinto Black CT v3.6 skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v21H1 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2013, 18:05   #6
Aminifu
Forum King

Is ml_playlists.dll supposed to scroll to the highlighted song? If it does, that part is not working in my configuration. No problem if it doesn't, just wondering if I'm missing out on something.

Old 2nd August 2013, 18:21   #7
DrO

it's not meant to scroll into view, it'll just highlight the item as i didn't a) think about allowing it to do that and b) now i've had a think about it, that'd be annoying if you're editing things in the playlist (like with the issues with the main playlist editor).
Old 2nd August 2013, 19:27   #8
Aminifu
Forum King

Ok, I can live with that.

True enough, a change of focus is annoying when it's unexpected. But, the jtfe extras has an option that lets scrolling to the active song be disabled. So this auto-scrolling can be turned off when doing a lot editing and turned on when just listening to music with the occasional moving of stuff around.

But that option does not seem to be working in the current version. Instead, it seems to break seeking to the end of the current song. Just noticed that.

Personally, I usually just pause playback to prevent the change of focus when doing some editing while playing music and the current song is nearing it's end (I show time remaining) before I'm finished with a specific edit.

Old 10th August 2013, 19:12   #9
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
But that option does not seem to be working in the current version. Instead, it seems to break seeking to the end of the current song. Just noticed that.
After further testing, it turns out that the JTFE option to disable scrolling the current song into view in the playlist editor does work. Look in General Preferences - Jump To File - Extras.

The seeking issue I experienced was due to the 3rd party output plug-in (Maiko) I was using.

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist